DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Vinny Mac "presumed dead"

toolbin
06-11-07, 11:51 PM
Well, tonight was the Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night on Raw. Vince ended the program with a simple, almost inaudible "Thank You" and walked slowly, silently to his limo, which exploded spectacularly in flames as soon as he shut the door.

The big question is "Why?"

Goat3001
06-11-07, 11:55 PM
The big question is "Why?"

To get people interested in the WWE again?

WallyOPD
06-12-07, 12:02 AM
Can we keep wrestling storyline discussion confined to the wrestling threads or at least make sure the thread title indicates it's not real?

DVDFreaker
06-12-07, 12:05 AM
It is not even real, his body is not even discovered in the car

A night originally designated Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night turned deadly when the WWE Chairman’s limousine burst into a fiery explosion just moments after Mr. McMahon stepped into it. Permanently uprooting the world of sports-entertainment, the Chairman has been presumed dead in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

Local authorities stated it was still too early to declare anything as fact, including exactly what caused the explosion, but they described the blast as an apparent “car bombing.” They also revealed that as of 11:30 p.m. EST, no body had been recovered from the incinerated wreckage.

Firefighters were quick to assess the scene, taping off sections of the parking lot to protect scores on onlookers – mostly our fans – from potential injury. Despite the intense heat and ubiquitous clouds of black smoke, countless people spilled out of the arena to get a closer look at the chaos they had just seen happen live on the Titan Tron.

“By the time we arrived on the scene, the entire automobile was on fire,” explained a Wilkes-Barre firefighter on the scene. “It was like an inferno and our guys were doing whatever they could to contain it as quickly as possible. In my 27 years with the fire department, I’ve never seen anything like that.”

The emblazoned limousine was engulfed by flames that reached skyward at estimated heights of more than 50 feet. The sight of the charred debris led to speculation that there was no conceivable way anyone could have escaped from the limo alive. Early assessments from local firefighters and police officers sent a similar feeling regarding the probability of the Chairman’s survival.

“We’re doing our best to respect the McMahon family and the fans of WWE,” the firefighter said. “However, with that said, we have not found anything – there hasn’t been confirmation that Mr. McMahon’s body was extracted from the limo.”

As the physical body of Mr. McMahon remains to be uncovered, perhaps the most perplexing piece to this puzzle is the Chairman’s uncanny, almost clairvoyant premonition of tonight’s grim events. Over the last few weeks on WWE programming, the swaggering, well-off billionaire seemed to unravel right before the eyes of millions. Speaking of a threatening presence that lurked in his foreseeable future, Mr. McMahon even cited the looming of a “black cloud” last week – a cloud very similar to the post-combustive smoke that billowed above his limousine tonight.

Was this evening an eerie prophecy fulfilled for Mr. McMahon, given his recent premonitions? Or was it simply a fateful execution of coincidence? The ominous reality is that what was brushed off as incoherent ramblings of a broken man and former ECW World Champion actually may have proven to be an exercising of a recently discovered sixth sense.

Sources say given the nature of the apparent car bombing, federal authorities may be called in for a more thorough investigation that would supersede local Pennsylvania authorities.

Rogue588
06-12-07, 02:12 AM
The big question is "Why?"A bigger question would be "Why does this have its own thread?"

Brent L
06-12-07, 02:43 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/honsou/vincedead2.gif

DVDFreaker
06-12-07, 04:13 AM
rotfl rotfl rotfl

MovieMaster11
06-12-07, 04:15 AM
The point is that Raw had a bigger "payoff" then the series finale of Sopranos. It would have been nice if Vince would have killed off his character and focused more on behind the scenes.

NORML54601
06-12-07, 05:52 AM
Tim White is rolling over in his grave....

twikoff
06-12-07, 07:33 AM
A bigger question would be "Why does this have its own thread?"

cause every lame publicity stunt deserves a seperate thread? :scratch2:

matta
06-12-07, 08:07 AM
Did they flash "Dramatization" across the screen when it blew up? I could see some people (who believe wrestling is real -- yes, some of them exist) would be very upset.

raven56706
06-12-07, 08:29 AM
would have been great if the editing was bad and they showed him walking off the limo...

it was the most boring part of the night

starman9000
06-12-07, 08:44 AM
Did they flash "Dramatization" across the screen when it blew up? I could see some people (who believe wrestling is real -- yes, some of them exist) would be very upset.

THANKS FOR THE SPOILER!!! :mad2:

;)

Charlie Goose
06-12-07, 08:53 AM
You people are so callous! This is a man's LIFE we're talking about here!

Love Vince or hate him, I hope they find out who's responsible for this quickly.

DVD Josh
06-12-07, 09:19 AM

Why is there an explosion 5 feet to the SIDE of the limo?

Michael Ballack
06-12-07, 09:29 AM
Why is there an explosion 5 feet to the SIDE of the limo?

It's a magic bomb much like the magic bullet?

orderandlaw
06-12-07, 09:34 AM
Um....ratings.

And I agree with the poster who said it's probably an attempt to steal the thunder from the BS Sopranos ending.

And because its over the top and par for the course in Vinnie Mac Land. He'll be back. His ego couldn't stand doing a permanent character death.

Me, I'm pumped Ken Kennedy is on RAW.

raven56706
06-12-07, 09:42 AM
Lashley, Kennedy, Cena, Booker, HHH, Michaels---- raw has most of the main eventers

Spicollidriver1
06-12-07, 04:27 PM
Maybe he is sick and wants off tv for awhile I haven't watched lately but caught a few promos here and there, and he sounded strange.

Jobronie
06-12-07, 06:25 PM
Did they flash "Dramatization" across the screen when it blew up? I could see some people (who believe wrestling is real -- yes, some of them exist) would be very upset.What the hell, it's been a few months since the last bump:

he's very upset, and it's STILL real to him. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm67ItGkgPU)

The Bus
06-12-07, 06:36 PM
Oh. That's who Vinnie Mac is. I thought it was someone important.

;)

harpo787
06-12-07, 10:33 PM
Not being a Sopranos viewer, I didn't think of the comparison...

I dunno....might be one of the higher things of poor taste, especially using the 10 bell salute tonight. A thousand-year-old woman giving birth to a hand? Necrophiliacs? That's not poor taste compared to this...I wish I knew why I feel that way.

Rogue588
06-12-07, 10:55 PM
Wow. I'm surprised this thread is still open..

NotThatGuy
06-12-07, 11:11 PM
Can this get moved to the wrestling thread...i mean, wtf?!

-p

toolbin
06-13-07, 06:45 AM
Maybe I'm just being a mark, but part of me really believes that there has to be some reason behind such a thing. I mean, yeah, I know he's gonna be back in a matter of months, but I wonder if he's ill and doesn't want to deal with that publicly or what.

And yeah, I called the Kennedy thing, and I'm loving that Benoit is back in ECW as well.

And my god, wasn't Jesse Ventura pulling his look straight out of the Nick Nolte Mug Shot playbook?

orderandlaw
06-13-07, 08:34 AM
I think he realized that after being ECW champion (GOD, I still can't believe I'm writing that) that the Mr. Mcmahon character has once again been overexposed. Vince is always better in small doses.

raven56706
06-13-07, 08:57 AM
vince needs to leave for a long time

kenbuzz
06-13-07, 09:35 AM
Maybe this is another reason why all of these fighting / wrestling threads might be better off in their own forum. "Sports Talk" seem an innapropriate fit, IMO.

cerial442
06-13-07, 09:39 AM
There are two of them on the main Sports Talk page. The most that ever appear on the main page is three. If it bothers you that much, don't read them.

kenbuzz
06-13-07, 09:53 AM
I don't. But I also don't consider fighting / wrestling to be sports. Scripted entertainment, sure, but not sports. This is just my opinion... if it bothers you that much don't read them. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

cerial442
06-13-07, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I've been posting here since 2002. And I don't come into the other sports threads complaining that a thread was created.

So you don't consider fighting that isn't scripted like UFC to be a sport? What about boxing?

raven56706
06-13-07, 10:05 AM
this should be good

toolbin
06-13-07, 10:14 AM
I think he realized that after being ECW champion (GOD, I still can't believe I'm writing that) that the Mr. Mcmahon character has once again been overexposed. Vince is always better in small doses.
Yeah, he does the main storyline for a couple of months and then disappears for three to four. At least he wasn't 'buried alive'.

NotThatGuy
06-13-07, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I've been posting here since 2002. And I don't come into the other sports threads complaining that a thread was created.

So you don't consider fighting that isn't scripted like UFC to be a sport? What about boxing?

Dude....this isn't even an arguement. To have someone argue the other/correct side...it'd be like challenging a legless retarded kid to the 40 yd dash; it won't even be close.

-p

raven56706
06-13-07, 10:18 AM
and it starts

kenbuzz
06-13-07, 10:27 AM
Dude....this isn't even an arguement. To have someone argue the other/correct side...it'd be like challenging a legless retarded kid to the 40 yd dash; it won't even be close.

-pDuuuhhhh.... I don't get it. :shrug: :wave:

Boxing? Yea, it's a sport.... at least I suppose it is, assuming that a given match isn't fixed (or scripted, see above).

My opinion is my opinion. I've asked before for the board to consider breaking the "squared ring" threads into their own forum and it was denied. Fair 'nuf for me, though I'm still pretty much convinced that they don't belong here.

Peace. Out.

The Bus
06-13-07, 11:47 AM
No, it's not a sport. Does that mean it's not physically demanding? No, it doesn't mean that. Does that mean that some skill isn't needed to execute the manoeuvres we see at the larger events? No, it doesn't mean that.

It's entertainment. It requires skill and it is physically demanding from its participants, but it's entertainment.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
06-13-07, 12:00 PM

boxing is more scripted than wrestling.

NotThatGuy
06-13-07, 12:59 PM
No, it's not a sport. Does that mean it's not physically demanding? No, it doesn't mean that. Does that mean that some skill isn't needed to execute the manoeuvres we see at the larger events? No, it doesn't mean that.

Does it mean that since it isn't a sport, it should be kept in one thread, and not mixed in with 'real' sports.....yes.

-p

raven56706
06-13-07, 01:03 PM
dude... we were fine

why all the trouble.... making a thread just for wrestling.... are you sure you want to do that... it would be a disaster like the horror thread

dadaluholla
06-13-07, 01:10 PM
Horror Forum was a flop, but the comic thread has done pretty well for a supposed niche section of the literary world.

I'd almost welcome a seperate wrestling forum. We could keep our low brow sham sport to ourselves and allow the upper crust to continue their discussions of true competition.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
06-13-07, 01:14 PM
Horror Forum was a flop, but the comic thread has done pretty well for a supposed niche section of the literary world.

I'd almost welcome a seperate wrestling forum. We could keep our low brow sham sport to ourselves and allow the upper crust to continue their discussions of true competition.

Hey.. what happened to the horror forum? I didn't even notice it was gone until you mentioned it.

raven56706
06-13-07, 01:19 PM
Hey.. what happened to the horror forum? I didn't even notice it was gone until you mentioned it.

exactly...

yah... maybe having a forum wouldnt be so bad... giving wrestling news and etc etc....

kenbuzz
06-13-07, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I've been posting here since 2002.
Meh, you're a n00b I tell ya! I've been here two years longer than you and have THOUSANDS of posts on a wide and impressive assortment of topics that I know little-to-nothing about. :)

Ppppppppbbbbbt! Neener neener neener! :wave: :eyebrow: :toast:

Quake1028
06-13-07, 01:44 PM
For a sport that suffers so many tragic early deaths of their athletes, they are taking this thing WAY too far, even for them. Jesus fuck, the flag at half mast? Family statement? Government officials investigating the death? The only consolation is that Vince is going to have a nice warm seat in hell.

raven56706
06-13-07, 01:46 PM
rotfl rotfl

STAMFORD, Conn. – Federal authorities investigating the presumed death of Mr. McMahon visited the Chairman’s office at WWE corporate headquarters earlier this morning, and were seen loading what appeared to be hundreds of boxes into vans, WWE.com has learned.

Sources close to the investigation say officials arrived at Titan Tower at 6 a.m. The federal officers, sources said, were gathering evidence in search of any clues in the apparent fiery demise of Mr. McMahon, who may have perished Monday night at the end of Raw when the limousine he had just entered exploded. So far, authorities have not recovered Mr. McMahon’s body or any of his remains.

Insisting that they could not comment on an ongoing investigation, FBI officials would not reveal what the agents were looking for or what they removed from the Chairman’s office. But according to one anonymous source, investigators rummaged through hundreds of McMahon’s files and dusted his office for fingerprints. They also, the source said, were seen taking the WWE visionary’s computers off the premises.

The agents were said to have spent three hours combing through files and removing materials. When they were finished, the Chairman’s office – which normally was filled with cabinets and state-of-art computers – had been stripped clean. Its carpeting had been removed, and normally organized bookshelves were left in disarray.

Federal authorities, sources said, are also looking at the Chairman’s e-mail and all of his writings for any clues. They are especially looking at anything he may have written in the last two weeks, when his behavior became increasingly erratic.

Will anything taken from Mr. McMahon’s office – any e-mail on his computers – provide any clues? Stay with WWE.com for further updates on the investigation as details become available.

Log on later today as our reporters hope to talk to the lead detective in the federal investigation. In addition, tune in to SmackDown on Friday at 8/7 CT to find out the latest developments in the probe and watch the tribute to Mr. McMahon.

Charlie Goose
06-13-07, 02:41 PM
Let's pace ourselves, this McMahon thing will continue for months.

dx23
06-13-07, 03:15 PM
The only consolation is that Vince is going to have a nice warm seat in hell.

Or as WWE likes to call it, HEAT!

ChrisHicks
06-13-07, 03:39 PM
I don't. But I also don't consider fighting / wrestling to be sports. Scripted entertainment, sure, but not sports. This is just my opinion... if it bothers you that much don't read them. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

we all know in these parts that the ultimate sport is golf. you can't get any more extreme than that. ;)

Qui Gon Jim
06-13-07, 04:55 PM
Maybe this is another reason why all of these fighting / wrestling threads might be better off in their own forum. "Sports Talk" seem an innapropriate fit, IMO.
Jesus, this bullshit again.

You know what I do when I see something I am not interested in?

I DON'T FUCKING READ IT.

How empty can a life be that you feel the need to come in and shit on something you don't care for.

I call for a Kobe Bryant, a Tiger Woods, a NBA General, a NASCAR and an NHL sub forum so my vision isn't dirtied by the presense of those threads.

Give me a fucking break.

GuessWho
06-13-07, 05:58 PM
we all know in these parts that the ultimate sport is golf. you can't get any more extreme than that.
I'm a limousine ridin', lear jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin', stylin' and profilin', par puttin', hole-in one'n golfing son of a bitch!

Bell65
06-13-07, 06:37 PM
Can we keep wrestling storyline discussion confined to the wrestling threads or at least make sure the thread title indicates it's not real?

I think the quotation makrs pretty much covered that! :shrug:

kenbuzz
06-13-07, 07:07 PM
Yeah! I only want to hear about the "real" stuff that happens in wrestling, too! :clap:

kenbuzz
06-13-07, 07:15 PM
(snip-a-dee-doo-dah)Naaa... I'm not gonna say it.

Sorry if I touched a nerve. :wave:
Welcome to the forum!.

kenbuzz
06-13-07, 07:54 PM
...You know what, you're right. I'm man enough to admit that I know jack about wrestling / boxing / kickboxing / etc and that belittling the sport that y'all seem to enjoy with a drive-by threadcrap is bound to be interpreted by folks as a personal affront.

My bad.

WallyOPD
06-13-07, 09:07 PM
I think the quotation makrs pretty much covered that! :shrug:

I thought quotation marks usually indicated that it was a quote. :shrug:

Josh H
06-13-07, 09:11 PM
I thought quotation marks usually indicated that it was a quote. :shrug:

And I clicked it as I had no idea who the fuck Vinny Mac was. 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back. :(

Music
06-13-07, 11:11 PM
-popcorn-

MigusMaximus
06-13-07, 11:31 PM
First off, thanx for everyone who chimed in with the "wrestling's not a sport/wrestling isnt worthy of anyone's attention" rants that everyone who has followed "sports entertainment" for any amount of time has had to endure once or twice. Its a simple fact that the majority of wrestling fans are in a very similar demographic as "legit sports" fans, it is athletic, there is intense training involved to become a wrestler, many wrestlers have been legit "amatuer" wrestlers at one time, et al. Yes it is scripted (and badly at times lately too, I might add). So what? Get over it. In NASCAR, they go around in a circle for 4 hours too, but I watch and support that religiously too. Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. But unless a thread opens a topic for debate and unless you have something mildly humorous to add to the procedings, go to the threads on subjects you have a interest in and keep out of ours!

As for the need for this subject to have its own thread, this angle is one of the more stunning and surprising things to happen in the professional wrestling circle in some time (I think most "rasslin" fans will agree that the booking-that's the scripting for you haters out there-has been pretty stale of late).

As for where this angle is going to go, I dont have a very good feeling about this. The last "who done it" they did was with Austin a bunch of years back at Survivor Series when he got run over by a car. I forget who they said did it (it was the Rock, I think, but I wont swear to it so if anyone know's, feel free to correct me), but it wasnt satisfying.

Lastly, I commented in the weekly wrestling forum (something that doesnt usually get threadcrapped and has coexisted in the sports forum for some time, me thinks) that the WWE had stated previously that they dont do "death angles." This came about the time that the Undertaker's manager, Paul Bearer, was stuck in a glass case filling with cement during a match that eventually filled to the top and Paul was "assumed dead." Now I know that WWE hasnt catered to children in a long time and they skew to the coveted 18-35 male demographic. But they still sell toys, and they still show children in the crowd on TV whenever a shocking event happens, and I have been angered that WWE hasnt shown a responsibility not to scare when they come up with something (the very worst of this was when Randy "Macho Man" Savage was bitten by a "venomous" cobra owned by Jake "the Snake" Roberts in the early 90's (viewing it in hindsight, it can be seen that the cobra was defanged, but a 10 year old wouldnt recognize it). It turned into a very powerful angle, but I hated how they showed the kids in the crowd as Randy lurched incorheirent in the ring for 10 minutes. Granted, this angle happen during the time where most wrestling was on 11am Saturday mornings and this happened 11pm on a Monday night. Its just a fine line you tow when you joke around with death in an athletic arena (albeit a scripted one). I am a wrestling fan now as I have been most of my 33 year old life because there is good with the bad and there is always the potential for very good storytelling (as this angle might eventually get to).

Didnt realize I was going to get so riled up. But Ive said my peace....

Michael Ballack
06-14-07, 08:35 AM
:rip: Vince. I can't believe we've lost Mr. Wizard and Vince in the same week. How will I ever get over this?

Dead
06-14-07, 10:29 AM

kenbuzz, threadcrapping is against forum rules. If you don't want to discuss the thread topic, then please don't post in the thread.

kenbuzz
06-14-07, 04:15 PM
Dead: Understood, and if you look a couple of posts further down:
You know what, you're right. I'm man enough to admit that I know jack about wrestling / boxing / kickboxing / etc and that belittling the sport that y'all seem to enjoy with a drive-by threadcrap is bound to be interpreted by folks as a personal affront.

My bad.But that alright... things can move kinda quickly 'round here. Thanks for keeping everyone (and me) honest. :up:

GuessWho
06-14-07, 04:38 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/4891690

devilshalo
06-14-07, 05:04 PM
It's not even been 4 days and I'm tired of the angle already.

lotsofdvds
06-14-07, 05:11 PM
It's not even been 4 days and I'm tired of the angle already.
Not me! I want more! Who'll get bombed next! It's fun!

orderandlaw
06-14-07, 06:53 PM
It was Rikishi, and it ended up being Triple H's idea.
Better a truck than his ass, imo.

GuessWho
06-14-07, 08:14 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/4893882

harpo787
06-14-07, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure if I saw it in this thread or the regular weekly thread, but someone suggested that perhaps Vince is ill and this is how he's bowing out to get some much needed recovery/down time. I wonder if he might have cancer...I suggest that in line with the "hair v. hair" match thingy and chemo or some such....just a thought. Hope he's perfectly healthy and just realizing that he's over saturated himself by appearing on all the shows every week and becoming a "world champ".

I must admit though, I'd take Vince as world champ over the "Great" Khali. Great big slug maybe....
EDIT: I have been this excited about a wrestler since El Gigante.

Rogue588
06-15-07, 01:26 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/4893882:rolleyes: -ohbfrank-

MartinBlank
06-15-07, 02:52 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/MartinBlank9mm/Part%202/casino-z1-400-2-727342.jpg

Wildo1966
06-15-07, 09:21 AM
How many wrestling marks do you think actually believe Vince is dead? Anyone wanna bet they keep the burnt limo to display at the WWE fanfests in the future? I am thrilled I no longer support the WWE....

dadaluholla
06-15-07, 10:08 AM
I am thrilled I no longer support the WWE....

What exactly is your definition of "support"? I remember you bought the Rumble Anthology earlier this year, so you can't be giving them too much of a cold shoulder.

The Bus
06-15-07, 12:06 PM
We could keep our low brow sham sport to ourselves and allow the upper crust to continue their discussions of true competition.

:lol:

Spicollidriver1
06-15-07, 06:09 PM
I suggested he might be ill because the last promo I saw he sounded and looked kind of weird. I am not watching right now so I'm not really tired of it but that picture of the limo is really cool. Kind of looks like the grill we set on fire today at work that I had to put out because the people higher paid then me did not know how to put out a grease fire.

U6C84
06-19-07, 07:40 PM
Like the head honcho of WWE, perhaps. CNBC's Darren Rovell reports:

Well, just days after announcing they were overhauling their marketing strategy, WWE somehow came up with another idea to get attention in their battle with the likes of mixed martial arts. Fake their chairman's death.

Last Monday, after "Vince McMahon Appreciation Night," he stepped into a limo, which promptly exploded. WWE.com then announced that he was presumed dead since no body was recovered. The organization then went to YouTube and pulled the video, most likely to prevent some sort of video splicing analysis.

I have to admit, I thought it would never work. Maybe you could have done this 15 years ago when the Internet wasn't around, I reasoned, when you couldn't confirm that one major newspaper was reporting his death. But now you can do that. Now you can go to the local paper where the event happened--the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader--and see that despite the limo explosion no emergency vehicles were called, that the blowing up was actually filmed by a pyrotechnics company two days before in the middle of the night and they had permits to conduct the act. And despite the fact that the WWE said the FBI is investigating the accident, the paper also reported that the FBI was never involved.

But I was "dead" wrong. The total page views for June 12, the day after McMahon's "death" were 36.8 million with two million daily unique visitors.

RoyalTea
06-19-07, 10:37 PM
It's real to me, dammit!