TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

E! True Hollywood Story: The Mickey Mouse Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-07, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E! True Hollywood Story: The Mickey Mouse Club

Anyone else catch this Sunday night?

I didn't know it was on until I was flipping channels, and was able to tape it on the repeat airing at 11.

While it mentioned the classic original 50's version, and even the little talked about 70's version, most of it discussed the 90's reincarnation.

I remember watching every episode of the first two seasons, without missing one. I only remember missing maybe 3 or 4 episodes total over the entire run.

Unfortunately, I never taped any of them STUPID STUPID STUPID...

I'd love to see them in full again, and I could have made a ton of $ with them a few years ago.

I did pick up a bunch of the MMC Cd and cassette at Pic N Save and re-sell on ebay for a nice profit.

I alternated at times in having a crush on Lindsey, Jennifer, Ilana, or Mylin.

According to E!'s site, this be be re-run at the following dates/times:

Scheduled to Air:
Thursday, Jun 14, 9:00a
Sunday, Jun 17, 7:00a
Monday, Jun 18, 10:00a
Tuesday, Jun 19, 8:00p
Friday, Jun 22, 3:00p

If you go to the main THS page at E!

http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/ths/index.jsp

there is an embedded video link with a 4:35 clip of the show (at least for now, I don't know how often the clip changes)

I know I sound like a total nut for saying this was my favorite show for awhile, but it was, and I really enjoyed seeing where some of the kids are now. I had checked Google and Wikipedia and found that Lindsey Alley and Jennifer McGill have nice websites, but there was so much on the show Wiki doesn't say.

There is one "best of" DVD out there with a few select episodes on it, but I wish I had tapes.

I used to do VHS trades for a long while, and never was able to get any (I was offered chopped up collections several times though)

I hope Disney will release more episodes in the future, but I won't hold my breath...
Old 06-11-07, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw this last night while flipping channels too. Like you I taped the one at 11, but have not watched it yet. I only watched the first couple of seasons but then I lost interest. It was cool seeing the original people last night and seeing where they are now.
Old 06-14-07, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jennifer McGill THS interview

Hello all.... Believe it or not, Jennifer and I are engaged and will be married on August 4, 07 on Kalapaki Beach, Kauai.

Right now she's in NYC getting interviewed by the BBC and was there while the e entertainment interview was aired. I'm aboard a cruise ship (Im an officer aboard) and we don't get a channel that picks up E Entertainment so I missed the interview!! So did she as she was in a hotel in NYC when it aired.

Okay...it's a HUGE favor, but is there anyone out there who'd be willing to send me a copy of the interview?? DVD..hopefully.

I cannot tell you how much we'd appreciate it. Not to mention the whole crew! I proposed to her aboard ship and a good 300-400 crew mwmbers will be attending the marriage ceremony. The Crew's activity coordinator would love to put out the video to show the crew as we met here, dated here, engaged here and we'll be married here in Kauai 2 days before I leave the ship for good.

My local address here is

3-2600 Kaumualii Hwy
Suite B18 PMB 451
Lihue, Hawaii 96766

My email is
[email protected]

(yes...a long time ago I was an Army Ranger in the 3rd Ranger batt in GA)

You can actually see the proposal pics at one of her fan sites at MySpace

I believe the address is:

www.myspace.com/jennifermcgill

Thank you so much!

Last edited by EricAnderson; 06-14-07 at 04:38 PM.