Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Black Donnellys on HDNet

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Black Donnellys on HDNet

HDNet has acquired the rights to all 13 episodes of failed NBC mob drama The Black Donnellys. It debuts on Wednesday, June 13 at 8 p.m. ET.
Old 09-13-07, 03:28 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So anybody else been watching this? Apparently last night's episode was the last? It was a decent show that had over the top annoying characters. It's amazing that they could get every single Donnelly to be as annoying as possible. Sadly, I don't think that's what they were shooting for. Tommy, Sean, Jimmy, Kevin, even the mom was annoying. The rest of the cast was decent.

The season ends with
Spoiler:
the mom getting shot in the back of the van and apparently dead, and Kevin gets a lucky shot in and hits Dokie in the chest. It looks like Dokie probably doesn't die, but would definitely be in serious condition. We don't really know the fate of Nicky, do we? I'm guessing they'd have shown him dead if he was. Probably made it to the hospital in time. I'm not sure where this would've gone with Dokie out of the picture?

If interested, they are starting back with episode 1 next week. Wednesdays at 7 CT on HDNet.
Old 09-14-07, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks, they showed previews for next week episode like it was still going. The acting sucked, and I think I could of acted better. But I liked to concept of showing how he took over the hood. So many unanswered questions.