Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Advice needed - Little Rascals DVD? Which is best?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just had a "wish I had a watermelon" moment and suddenly got a yen to see the Little Rascals. From what I can gather there is no "definitive collection", but I want to know which in your opinion is the best one to get. I like the old school (Stymie and wee Spanky) through the final gang (Froggy). I would also prefer to get a set that is uncut (and NOT colorized!) since I know for certain the ones I saw on syndicated television were butchered.

Anyone have any decent insight on this? Thanks!
Old 06-07-07, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Feel Ya

I bought the 11 Disk Mega Collection set last year and enjoyed the set. The discs are burned onto DVD-Rs and are a little compressed -- they looked great on my old CRT but suffer a bit on the 16:9 LCD. The set offers every title from the old Cabin Fever VHS set (and are probably booted directly from it but you didn't hear that from me). If you can get ahold of the any of the Cabin Fever DVDs (I'm not sure they are official releases either but I found them at stores in NYC), they are slightly superior. Also, Amazon has the "MegaPack" listed for $32 but I believe I paid around $20...check on eBay. You probably won't be disappointed.