Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Black Light Burns - Cruel Melody

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-07, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like this cd was just released (I was just checking this week's releases)...and yeah you might see the name and thinks it sounds like some stereotypical nu metal band..and I did too..until I read the wiki on em..

"Black Light Burns is an American gothic / alternative rock supergroup created by Wes Borland (formerly of Limp Bizkit, Big Dumb Face, Eat the Day). The band's lineup consists of, naturally, Borland himself, along with Danny Lohner (Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle), Josh Eustis (Telefon Tel Aviv) and Josh Freese (The Vandals, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails). "

I haven't listened to much of this album yet since I just downloaded it (legally)..but it almost has a stabbing westward feel to it and Borland's vocals are pretty good. I basically am checking it out cause of Danny Lohner and Freese along with Telefon Tel Aviv being in the band even more so than Borland. Check it out and give it a listen and share your opinions..I'll share more once I actually really listen to the album. I'll be happy if it's any better than supergroup Army of Anyone

Last edited by TripWire; 06-05-07 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-06-07, 03:29 PM
Cool New Member

I really enjoyed the CD. With the exception of the first track, the CD is really good. I bought it yesterday, Wes did the artwork too. Lie, Cruel Melody, 4 Walls, Stop A Bullet, and New Hunger are my favorites. I think there's kind of a APC vibe on the CD.
Old 06-13-07, 02:20 PM

I blind bought this CD just based on being a big fan of Wes and not having heard anything off the CD, and it's a fantastic album. I definitely get a Stabbing Westward feel from the lyrics; musically, and even vocally on some tracks, it sounds like early NIN with an APC influence, which is fairly obvious considering who's in the group. The first track Mesopotamia threw me at first, I wasn't thrilled with it first time through and it made me wonder what the rest of the CD would be like. But then came Animal (which I think is the best track on the CD) and Lie and those two are really solid tracks. Awesome, awesome CD, and you can definitely hear the signature Wes riffs that sound like vintatge $3 Bill Yallz Limp Bizkit (back when they were good). Now I just need to find a way to get the iTunes bonus track, since it's an Album Only track in the iTunes Store and I already physically bought the CD.