Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

yourmusic.com code

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

yourmusic.com code

Old 06-04-07, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yourmusic.com code

I just added this to the BMG code thread, but thought it was a good enough deal to get a thread of its own...

I just got this email for my yourmuisic.com account. Two day sale, buy 2 get one free.

Enter this code at checkout: YMB2G1

Not sure if anyone else has ever gotten a code for yourmusic.com, but this is a first for me. I have a few 2 disc titles in my cart as a reminder when BMG has a decent sale on 2 disc sets (since I can't keep them in my queue). Anyway, the email was a reminder to me that I have items in my cart. I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on the 5.99 + free shipping offer from BMG, I'm glad I waited.
Old 06-04-07, 02:28 PM

I just completed an order and it looks like you earn the "punch card" spots even on the free ons. I bought 6 got, got 3 free and show 9 spots pending on my punch card.

Also, this deal is only good for single cds.
Old 06-04-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Cool!
Thanks!
Old 06-05-07, 11:36 PM

Punch cards

Doctor X, what do you mean by "punch card" spots? Does Yourmusic have the equivalent of BMG's Music Points? In my year as a member, I've never heard of this.

My second question may answer my first, but are you subscribed to Yourmusic's "Special deals and exclusive offers" e-mail, and is that how you found out about this sale? I did not subscribe because I assumed the offers were from third parties, not from Yourmusic directly.
Old 06-06-07, 06:54 AM

I don't think I got this email, and I've never gotten any promotional codes from them before either. In any event, the code does not seem to work for me. So . . . maybe you need to subscribe to some mailing list for it to register for your account? Similar to the Fox Store 50% sale a couple years ago?
Old 06-06-07, 07:26 AM

Who knew?

I didn't get the e-mail, but the code worked for me.
Old 06-06-07, 08:09 AM

Manos - The punch card is similar to the BMG points. You buy ten and then get one free. It doesn't count monthly orders from your queue, just additional orders. I think they started this sometime last fall.

On the subscription page the only box I have checked is "Special deals and exclusive offers".

The email that I got was a reminder that I have some items in my cart. It went on to give details about the B2G1 sale. I keep a few multi disc sets in my cart as a reminder to myself when BMG has a good code for those. This is the first time I had heard of a code for yourmusic

The code only works for single discs and I think you have to enter it after you have cds in the cart. Not sure if it is still working, the email said it was for 48 hours but didn't have a specific end date like the BMG code emails do.
Old 06-28-07, 04:34 PM

Just got an email from yourmusic about another 2 day sale. This time it is 20% off your order which would put cds at $5.59 instead of $6.99.

The code is YMSALE

This only applies to single cds.

This is the second sale notice this month from yourmusic. I wonder if this is a new thing for them trying to get more business. Just like the last one, the email says it is a reminder that I have some cds in my cart.

I posted this in the BMG thread also since I assume there are people in both clubs...
Old 06-28-07, 04:58 PM

Thanks, Doctor X

Originally Posted by Doctor X
Just got an email from yourmusic about another 2 day sale. This time it is 20% off your order which would put cds at $5.59 instead of $6.99.

The code is YMSALE

This only applies to single cds.

This is the second sale notice this month from yourmusic. I wonder if this is a new thing for them trying to get more business. Just like the last one, the email says it is a reminder that I have some cds in my cart.
I just got an e-mail, too, but for a different deal. It looks like it pays to leave a selection in your cart at all times, and check "Special deals and exclusive offers" in your subscription preferences.

"We noticed you still have a great CD in your cart. Take advantage of our special two-day sale: Buy 2 CD's from your cart and get 1 free! When you're checking out, use promo code YMB2G1. Sale applies only to single-disc items."

Last edited by Manos; 06-28-07 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-28-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I received an email for the same offer (20% off), but I got an error message saying the code was invalid. I did take advantage of the Mute Math deal today, so I'm thinking either the code is not live or clearing my cart and making that purchase made me ineligible.
Old 06-28-07, 06:11 PM

Error

I also got an error:

"The promotion code you entered is not valid. Please try again."

I couldn't use the code on the item in my cart, because it was a two-cd set. So I cleared it and added some single discs. No matter what I tried, I got the same error. Does BMG phone customer service also serve Yourmusic customers?
Old 06-28-07, 06:52 PM

It should, but I'll wait to see if the code works tomorrow before giving them a call.
Old 06-28-07, 07:25 PM

Perhaps tommorow

Hmmm... YMSALE also doesn't work for me. Has anyone applied either of these codes successfully today?
Old 06-28-07, 09:45 PM

I tried the 20% off code right after I made the post above and it was not working. I just checked and it is not working now either. Also tried the YMB2G1 code and no luck.

Also, I got a notice today that the Mute Math cd is on backorder. I wonder if that means it is popular or if they figured out they were giving it away.
Old 06-28-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe the code isn't working because they are having technical issues with their site tonight. I just attempted to join and I kept getting a message saying that they could not validate my credit card!
Old 06-29-07, 09:46 AM

I called today

The codes don't work for me today, either. Apparently the customer service department of BMG does not handle Yourmusic accounts, so I had to send an e-mail using their web form. I think this sale will be a bust for me.
Old 06-29-07, 10:45 AM

Here's another theory: Doctor X's first B2G1 code appeared at the beginning of June. Perhaps these codes were meant for the beginning of July, and the marketing folks jumped the gun.
Old 06-29-07, 12:02 PM

I just tried the 20% off code and it seems to be working. I also tried the B2G1 code and it goes through but the price stays at 20% off...

EDIT: I just cleared out the cookies and tried the B2G1 again and got it to work this time...

Last edited by Doctor X; 06-29-07 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-29-07, 12:15 PM

B2G1 is now working for me.
Old 06-29-07, 12:43 PM

This is odd.

The codes work for me now, sort of... .

When I put three items in my cart and apply YMB2G1, I get one free. When I apply YMSALE, I still get one free! When I have one item in my cart and apply YMSALE, I get no discount.
Old 06-29-07, 12:47 PM

Manos - I think if you clear your cookies out from the site and start over, it should work
Old 06-29-07, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor X
Manos - I think if you clear your cookies out from the site and start over, it should work
Well, I would rather have the 3-for-2 sale anyway. But here's a new wrinkle: they can't process my credit card, the same card that's on file for my monthly subscription. These folks have problems.
Old 06-29-07, 01:48 PM

Yeah, I had the same problem with my order. The site has been very slow for me lately too. I am still waiting for a few that are on backorder from the last B2G1 sale.
Old 06-29-07, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by SFranke
B2G1 is now working for me.
Were you able to complete the sale, SFranke?
Old 06-29-07, 05:13 PM

I was a page away from completing a "dummy" order. So no.

Just tried a real one; no go.

Last edited by SFranke; 06-29-07 at 05:50 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.