Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Free Movie Pass With DVD Purchase...

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 06-03-07, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many times I don't read all the threads and sometimes BestBuy runs some type of "free movie ticket" deal with the purchase of certain dvds...

I figured I'ld start a thread just for this subject...

Went into BestBuy yesterday looking for the free tickets to Fantasic Four but instead found a bunch of free tickets to Pirates...

Walked out with a bunch without a problem...

I see these have a $7 max printed on them and usually the tickets cost $10 so looks like I'll have to pay $3...

Are there other BB "free tickets" deals out there?
Old 06-03-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The free tickets to Fantastic 4 II come with the EE DVD of the first movie that comes out Tuesday. Its not just a BB thing.
Old 06-03-07, 10:33 AM

I saw the extended cut of F$ at my Walmart yesterday. It was in a box with some other dvds but anyone could have just taken it and then bought it.
Old 06-03-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know 40 Year Old Virgin 2-disc has Knocked Up tickets in it.....was 12.99 but think it has gone up recently.........

I saw Sears had tickets to that Penguin movie in 4 DVD titles.........

Oceans 11/ Oceans 12 Two-Pack has a ticket to Oceans 13 (Multiple).........

Office 2-Pack has Evan Almighty Tickets (BB only?).........

Last edited by PGHFlyer; 06-03-07 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-03-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 378 Likes on 282 Posts
Originally Posted by chard31
Many times I don't read all the threads and sometimes BestBuy runs some type of "free movie ticket" deal with the purchase of certain dvds...

Went into BestBuy yesterday looking for the free tickets to Fantasic Four but instead found a bunch of free tickets to Pirates...

I see these have a $7 max printed on them and usually the tickets cost $10 so looks like I'll have to pay $3...

So you bought a bunch of DVD's for the free tickets or you somehow managed to get a "bunch" of tickets without buying the DVD's?
Old 06-03-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this does not sound right it best "Crap" buy and they let you just take tickets for free.
Old 06-03-07, 01:46 PM

Oh, you were supposed to buy something to get these?

Last edited by chard31; 06-03-07 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-03-07, 02:30 PM

Oh, you were supposed to buy something to get these?

on the back of the ticket package, it says that the movie tickets are free with the purchase of one of the qualifying dvds. otherwise, you would have to pay the face value of the ticket ($7). these are not "free" tickets like the 300 ones that rang up at $.01.
Old 06-03-07, 03:21 PM

Can anyone who got the Ocean's 2-pack tell me how the ticket was packaged? I just opened my 2-pack, and the ticket is not in between the two movies. I kinda doubt that it's in one of the DVD cases, but maybe?
Old 06-03-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

El Gray - mine was in the Oceans 11 case, which was not sealed in plastic..........
Old 06-03-07, 03:37 PM

Oops, there it is! Thanks, JKZ. I should have investigated further.

Woohoo!
Old 06-03-07, 05:06 PM

Sounds like this guy from CAG

"Best Buy has piles of free movie tickets to Pirates of the Caribbean 3. (Up to $7; expires June 19th)

The official sale is if you buy one of several movies, you get the coupon for free, but you don't have to actually buy anything to get the tickets. I grabbed several that were stuck together and stuck them in my pocket so I would have a list of the movies. Got home, and realized that the tickets were inside! (They are in cardboard sleeves. Kinda like the free AOL things.)"
Old 06-03-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ya well you stole merchandise from the store. i would rather ask if i could have them then go and steal them. get a life........

can someone please close this putrid thread......my god......
Old 06-03-07, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you stole all those tickets?
Old 06-03-07, 10:04 PM

I got one a few weeks back when it started. I didn't buy any of the movies qualified, but the guy did only charge $2.00 on to our bill for it, cause the -$5.00 off my purchase Knocked $5 off the ticket. I even told the guy, I have most of the movies, why buy them again. I still have yet to use it.
Old 06-03-07, 10:07 PM

Yes he did at $7 bucks a pop, and now he is getting all exciting about scoring a bunch of Fantastic Four tickets the same way. See the latest Best Buy thread where he is sleazing people for info on how the FF tickets will be packaged.
Old 06-03-07, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is wrong on so many levels... You can't tell me you didn't know you were stealing the tickets, cuz I won't believe you...
Old 06-04-07, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,031 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Cool. Here's something I like to do : I put on a red jacket and stand in front of fancy restaurants or luxury hotels. You wouldn't believe how many fancy sports cars people have just given me. Sometimes they even give me money for gas. You should try that sometime.
Old 06-04-07, 01:45 AM

These free ticket things re indeed bullshit. I got the Knocked Up one. First I looked online and found the ticket was only accepted at one theater in the entire San Fernando Valley. I took it a different one though and they said they would take it except that it said 7.50 on the ticket and their normal tickets are 10 bucks. I convinced him to let me pay the difference, but they should stop putting these in DVDs if the only place you could see it for free is somewhere in middle America on a Sunday afternoon.
Old 06-04-07, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, wait, these are free, but only for certain movies and not as many theater chains are included as the Movie Cash™ type of free tickets and only if you buy a dvd for each ticket you get? I was in Best Buy last week and bought two dvds, plus a season box set, were they there then? I didn't see any. Could I get some retroactively with a receipt? Matinee movies are only $6.50 where I live, so these would be useful if any theater chains around here took them... and if I could get some that haven't already been stolen.
Old 06-04-07, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
This has the potential to be a decent thread but started out on the wrong foot.

Maybe someone could start and maintain a 'one and only' thread for these tickets?

Here is one:
There is a free ticket($7.50 value) for Knocked Up inside the 40 Year Old Virgin: Unrated. It expires June 19th*.

*I think. I already used mine.
Old 06-04-07, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Maybe someone could start and maintain a 'one and only' thread for these tickets?

Here is one:
There is a free ticket($7.50 value) for Knocked Up inside the 40 Year Old Virgin: Unrated. It expires June 19th*.

See post #4...
Old 06-04-07, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Here is one:

Yea, I had the right intention but started out wrong...

I tried to delete and then edit my first post only mins after posting it but for whatever reason it didn't work...

Let's not make this into a ethics question but try to get this thread back on track...
Old 06-04-07, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I've got a question for the Forum:

Since I already post this info on a weekly basis in either of my Target / Best Buy / Circuit City.

Should I stop posting this info there so someone else later in the week can say: "Hey I found this at Best Buy and thought you all would like to know"?

I'm really curious as to what folks think about this. I mean, I DO provide this as soon as I get the ad. Do we really need another thread about it?

I have no problem with a thread detailing current ticket offers but I do think that we are restating what has been posted just because someone doesn't want to read all / part of a weekly thread.
Old 06-04-07, 11:39 AM

Well here's one that's never been posted. I won a Shrek doll in a claw machine at Wal-Mart. It had a tag on it saying you win 2 free movie tickets if you win the doll. It doesn't say if they're for Shrek 3 or not, but I would assume. It had a code on the tag and a phone number to call to redeem the tickets. I called on Friday and got an answering machine message telling me to leave my name, address, number, etc. and they would call me back within 1 business day. Still waiting for the return call. Will be a pretty good deal if it comes through since it cost me $1.00 to win the Shrek. I've seen lots of the same Shrek doll in the machines before and since but this is the only one I've seen so far with the free movie ticket tag.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.