Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Krispy Kreme - FREE Doughnut - Friday, June 1, 2007

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 06-01-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

http://www.krispykreme.com/
Old 06-01-07, 09:57 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more Krispy Kreme in AZ.

Old 06-01-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No more Krispy Kreme here in Toronto either (except maybe a small display in gas stations and in Wal-Mart). But toward the end of their existence here they seemed to be getting desperate for customers. I walked in once to use a free drink coupon and they practically begged me to take a free donut. I do not turn down free donuts.
Old 06-02-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time I've gone into the Tulsa Krispy Kreme, they were always handing out free doughnuts while you were waiting in line.
Old 06-02-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,285 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardW
Every time I've gone into the Tulsa Krispy Kreme, they were always handing out free doughnuts while you were waiting in line.
Yep. Every now and then I'd go to one and I'd only need to get an orange juice to go with my free doughnut. No wonder they went out of business.
Old 06-02-07, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They were a fad, thankfully. I wouldn't take one even if they were passing them out for free, I don't need the empty calories and grams of fat.

http://www.krispykreme.com/doughnuts.pdf
Old 06-02-07, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Anybody have a list of supermarkets/convenience stores that carry Krispy Kreme? The wife (Japanese) wants to try one and the nearest stores have all closed.
Old 06-02-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rexinnih
Anybody have a list of supermarkets/convenience stores that carry Krispy Kreme? The wife (Japanese) wants to try one and the nearest stores have all closed.
I know I've seen Krispy Kreme sections at Stater Bros. before. I'm not sure if they still have them though, since I don't really go there looking for donuts.
Old 06-02-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
They were a fad, thankfully. I wouldn't take one even if they were passing them out for free, I don't need the empty calories and grams of fat.

http://www.krispykreme.com/doughnuts.pdf
Thats why you dont have to eat them... I wouldnt call them a fad, they are still around, have been all my life... BTW... one KK glazed doughnut has lesss fat and calories than a bagel w/cream cheese...

Granted, I dont eat them often either (been sitting with a free dozen coupon forever)... but I still like them... its nice to have empty calorie things every once in a while... and this is coming from someone who jogs daild plus hits the gym on a daily basis as well
Old 06-02-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lewisb73
Thats why you dont have to eat them... I wouldnt call them a fad, they are still around, have been all my life... BTW... one KK glazed doughnut has lesss fat and calories than a bagel w/cream cheese...
Point taken, in moderation they aren't any worse than a lot of other things out there, though I still that Krispy Kream was a fad that is dying out now because they have oversaturated the market (selling at grocery stores). Which is why many of the stand alone stores are closing.

My view is biased because there's just this real fat guy I work with who eats multiple donuts on a regular basis. To me, mainly because of seeing him eating donuts on a regular basis, donuts = being a fat slob though again, in moderation, they really aren't that bad. Certainly no worse than a candy bar or certain hamburgers.
Old 06-03-07, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat

My view is biased because there's just this real fat guy I work with who eats multiple donuts on a regular basis. To me, mainly because of seeing him eating donuts on a regular basis, donuts = being a fat slob though again, in moderation, they really aren't that bad. Certainly no worse than a candy bar or certain hamburgers.

?
Old 06-04-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oddly enough, he does live in Springfield.
Old 06-12-07, 01:54 PM

There;s a Krispy Kreme near where I live, and they give out free doughnuts every time I come in there. I don't know how many I've gotten in total, but they don't seem to mind giving them out.