TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost Season Four Tidbits SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Lost Season Four Tidbits SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

From Ask Ausiello @ TVG:

"The four-toed statue is something we will get to next season," Cuse revealed. "Sometimes we're surprised by the things people get fixated on. We tried to answer a fair number of questions this year, but that's one we just didn't get to."

ALSO

"There will definitely be a lot more of Jacob in Season 4."
Old 05-31-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd expect the statue would be near the temple the Others are hiking toward?
Old 05-31-07, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be my guess as well Chew. If they do have a giant temple on this Island how much of it have we not seen yet? The thing must be huge to hold the losties camp, the others mini town and a giant temple. Makes you wonder how much, if any, of the Island the losties have actually gone over.
Old 05-31-07, 11:56 PM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
Am I the only person who thinks that the possible flash-forward was just a one time thing?

There is a lot of the island to still talk about and I don't see them using too many flash-forwards to tell those stories using hind-sight.
Old 06-01-07, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Am I the only person who thinks that the possible flash-forward was just a one time thing?
I wouldn't be too suprised if they pulled a "Oh, it was just Desmond having a vision, and if things aren't changed this is the way Jack will end up" or something like that. But I've long since quit trying to figure out anything on Lost, it's futile. I'm just along for the ride now.

"Sometimes we're surprised by the things people get fixated on"
What, they thought people wouldn't get fixated on a huge, four-toed statue in middle of nowhere on a deserted island?
Old 06-01-07, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
From Ask Ausiello @ TVG:

ALSO

"There will definitely be a lot more of Jacob in Season 4."
That worries me.
Old 06-01-07, 03:37 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Here's a stupid question, and I'm sure it's been asked and answered many times. I just can't find the answer.

How many more seasons are there? I thought they were going to end it after 5 seasons. But I keep seeing people refer to "3 more seasons". Shouldn't there only be 2 more seasons?
Old 06-01-07, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Here's a stupid question, and I'm sure it's been asked and answered many times. I just can't find the answer.

How many more seasons are there? I thought they were going to end it after 5 seasons. But I keep seeing people refer to "3 more seasons". Shouldn't there only be 2 more seasons?
It was announced a few weeks ago there will be 3 more seasons with 16 episodes per season. Each season will run repeat-free, and should start January or February.
Old 06-01-07, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave

Producers wanted 2 more seasons, insisted they only had 48 more episodes of story to tell.

ABC decided to cut that number into three seasons.

Producers thought this was not a bad compromise and eventually took to the idea of extra time to write and shoot the episodes.

And so we have 3 more seasons of 16 episodes, running from first week of feb sweeps right up until the end of May sweeps, without any reruns. I only hope that we can still have our beloved 2-hour finales that LOST pulls off like no other show, and a few extended episodes (5-10 minutes of extra footage, a la certain Season 2 episodes) now that the show is rumored to be going back to an earlier timeslot. At 10/9c, the shows could not run over 60 minutes due to newscasts.
Old 06-01-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
No. The producers stated that there will be both FBs and FFs from here on out.
Old 06-01-07, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

More juicy ones today:

* Season Four's flash forward sequences are essentially a season-within-a-season. Don't freak out, its not another mini-pod thing-a-ma-jig. The particulars have not been planned but apparently they are looking at a mix of flash backs and flash words, with a larger number of flash forwards.
* The flash forwards tell a linear story, but will be presented in non-linear format from the vantage point of different characters. (This kills the 'only Kate and Jack' got off the island theory.) The big kicker is the Flash Forwards will be shot, according to the source, in Los Angeles.
* Production will begin in mid-August and complete in March. That means that roughly 11-13 episodes will be completed by the time LOST airs. With spoiler-gate 2007 behind us, what are the odds that LOST will be locking its production down tighter than ever?

Source: thetailsection.com
Old 06-01-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
I'm not really sure how I feel about extensive use of flash-forwards.

The Jack one from the finale worked because it was shocking when Kate showed up and you realized what was really happening.

But I think they run the risk of taking too much jeopardy off of the characters in the present. We already know that Jack and Kate aren't in any real danger; we know that they make it off of the island. And the more characters they start doing this to, the more the island story arc will be lessened.

On the other hand, it feels like we've had all of the flashback of the Losties that we need. We already know more than we need to about Jack; we know almost everything about everyone else. I think the only ones that are really left are the Other characters, like Ben, Juliette, Richard, Alex, and Rousseau. Things like Ben's first meeting with Jacob, Richard's story, Juliette's time with the Others, Rousseau's ill-fated mission still need to be covered. And all of that probably isn't going to fill up another 48 episodes.

My biggest concern is that introducing flash-forwards sounded like a good idea on paper or at the writers' round table, but it's something that won't work on the screen.
Old 06-01-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I'm not really sure how I feel about extensive use of flash-forwards.

The Jack one from the finale worked because it was shocking when Kate showed up and you realized what was really happening.

But I think they run the risk of taking too much jeopardy off of the characters in the present. We already know that Jack and Kate aren't in any real danger; we know that they make it off of the island. And the more characters they start doing this to, the more the island story arc will be lessened.

On the other hand, it feels like we've had all of the flashback of the Losties that we need. We already know more than we need to about Jack; we know almost everything about everyone else. I think the only ones that are really left are the Other characters, like Ben, Juliette, Richard, Alex, and Rousseau. Things like Ben's first meeting with Jacob, Richard's story, Juliette's time with the Others, Rousseau's ill-fated mission still need to be covered. And all of that probably isn't going to fill up another 48 episodes.

My biggest concern is that introducing flash-forwards sounded like a good idea on paper or at the writers' round table, but it's something that won't work on the screen.
The only way it works is if the future we are seeing is not "set in stone", and we are only seeing a potential future.
Old 06-01-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it depends on what they do in the flashes forward. If they show us that Rose got off the island but is insane, that leaves a lot of intrigue. What drove her insane? Did it happen on the island? Did it happen once she got back? I'm a bit worried due to the number of flashes forward it sounds like they plan, but they could pull it off well, even if we're dealing with a set in stone future.
Old 06-01-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also, whose to say that the flashforwards occur completely after what we see in the next 3 seasons. What if they converge at some point... meaning over the course of the next 3 season, they leave the island and then come back and we see episodes of the "present" that take place after what we're now seeing in flashforwards. This would still leave some mystery because it would mean that all of the answers are, of course, not revealed before they leave the island, but some would remain for when they return of their own volition.
Old 06-01-07, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm going to make a bold prediction that might easily turn out to be wrong:

due to the costs of production in Hawaii, they'll leave the island by the end of next season. I think it's probable that they have to do so by the end of season 4 or 5, and it just makes more sense to me that they're aiming for 2 seasons after the rescue.
Old 06-01-07, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My prediction about Kate and Jack is that they have a baby together and when Kate says "I have to get back to him", she's talking about their child.
Old 06-01-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 867 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
My prediction about Kate and Jack is that they have a baby together and when Kate says "I have to get back to him", she's talking about their child.
Wouldn't it be more obvious if it was Sawyer Jr.? We know they already shacked up on the island. Whether or not she got knocked up, we don't know. We know she probably didn't carry to term on island, unless Juliet found a cure.
Old 06-01-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Guess we'll have to wait a few years to find out
Old 06-07-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Another one for today:

Damon Lindelof tells me, "Desmond will have to deal with the aftereffects and the guilt of [Charlie's death]. He will question whether or not Charlie would have made this sacrifice, had he not told him that was what he was going to do? He will question the role he played in Charlie's death." So, it sounds like big sexy Dezzie is haunted by Charlie's passing, as many of us fans are! Source: Kristin on E!Online
Old 06-07-07, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does anyone know when Season 3 will be out on DVD?
Old 06-07-07, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by saoirse
I believe there was a website that listed all abc shows dvd releases and had Lost as being released sometime in December.
Old 06-07-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by saoirse
LOST Season 3 DVD Release info
Old 06-08-07, 01:08 PM

Thanks guys.
Old 06-27-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Kristin of E! is reporting that the producers are making a hard run at Harold Perrineau to return in the new season.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.