Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Official SW site has sneak peek trailer of the new animated show!!!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-07, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the link to the first sneak peek trailer of the Star Wars animated show.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

The action and voice acting all look excellent in my opinion, and I love the animation. Though because it's a very stylized form of animation, inevitably some folks will like it, some folks won't.
Old 05-27-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Looks good. I'm excited. Is this for the 3rd volume of Clone Wars or one of the other SW projects in the works.

I'm cool with the animation, even if I did get a video game cutscene vibe from some of it.
Old 05-27-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where does this fit in with the original two seasons of Clone Wars?
Old 05-27-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that looks great. I was disappointed at first in hearing that it wouldn't be animated like the original series was. Now, after seeing that preview, it is clear that they are keeping the same style of the original series. Definitely looking forward to this.
Old 05-27-07, 08:04 PM

Don't know! I haven't kept up with any Star Wars news. I think it's just a more developed continuation of the Tartakovsky series.

The live-action won't have any of the main characters from the film, only a couple of secondary characters.
Old 05-27-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I would have to imagine between 2 and 3 of the prequels given that Dooku is still alive in this one.
Old 05-27-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Yup, as a huge SW fan I can say that it does exist during the gap between Episode 2 and 3 and also Asajj Ventruss is in it as well....sick Sith.
Old 05-27-07, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks good. Some of the video games have had some truly great animation - although some scenes e.g. the pulling out lightsaber, in the video looked a bit choppy. Hopefully that's just for the internet preview. It's a good idea to to give the video game type cgi a chance.

I think that this takes place before the other clone cartoons.
Old 05-27-07, 08:30 PM

It's a good idea to to give the video game type cgi a chance.
Well, money's a factor when it comes to TV. There's no way in hell they were going to go with a photoreal CG look. It's far too time consuming and far too expensive.
Old 05-27-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It doesn't work. Is there somewhere you have to click on the page?
Old 05-27-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
The page requires flash and javascript to be on.

Turn both on before clicking the link.
Old 05-27-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm in.
Old 05-27-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I went to the first screening where they showed this trailer at Celebration IV. The creators said George was more involved in this series and each episode would be about 22 minutes each. It will not be wall to wall action like the first Clone Wars. They kept mentioning how the series will have a New Hope feel to it focusing more on story than action. Also he mentioned that it will be more like the movies in which the Jedi's are not supermen like in the original Clone Wars taking out whole droid armies with one force move.

Currently no network has picked up the series, their hope is to have it on by Fall 2008 and it is filmed in HD. Throughout the whole hour panel they kept mentioning how they weren't allowed to show anything and in the end they showed the trailer twice. The place went nuts, and it looked amazing on the big screen. Anyway, the guy they recruited to do this whole thing is way into it and is a total Star Wars nerd, so I have hopes for this series.
Old 05-27-07, 10:53 PM

looks awesome, much better then what I was expecting
Old 05-28-07, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm not digging it. Rather have it in 2D.
Old 05-28-07, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I like it and I'll watch it.

To be honest, while this part of SW history is cool, I think I'm ready for learning about other parts of the Universe. I would love to see something focusing on the Empire and characters like Grand Moff Tarkin, Republic Commandos stories, or early Darth Vader adventures like the Dark Horse comics. I'd also be interested in the early history of the Jedi before they lost it all and had their asses handed to them.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-28-07 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-28-07, 06:23 AM

I'd like to see something about the rise of Palp/Sidious or Yoda and his species. I think I heard that GL doesn't like to talk about Yoda and his species, he likes to keep it a mystery.
Old 05-28-07, 09:01 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Cool.
Old 05-28-07, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by outcastja
Also he mentioned that it will be more like the movies in which the Jedi's are not supermen like in the original Clone Wars taking out whole droid armies with one force move.
Glad to hear it. It always bothered me why the jedi were such badasses in the original cartoon series, but yet they sucked ass in the movies. I wonder if General Grievous will be like the cartoon or movie version? In the cartoon, he was awesome fighting six jedi simultaneously, but in the movie he sucked ass too.

Does anyone else think that Anakin in this new cartoon looks nothing like Hayden? At least I assume that was supposed to be Anakin at the end of the trailer saying "Let's go R2."

There is supposed to be a live-action series too. Has it ever been announced what time period it is set in?

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I'd like to see something about the rise of Palp/Sidious or Yoda and his species. I think I heard that GL doesn't like to talk about Yoda and his species, he likes to keep it a mystery.
I always wanted to see a movie or TV series dealing with either the KOTOR era or Palpy as the apprentice of Darth Plagueis. I wish George would do an Episode 0 with one of those themes.

Old 05-28-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by outcastja
Also he mentioned that it will be more like the movies in which the Jedi's are not supermen like in the original Clone Wars taking out whole droid armies with one force move.
Jedi being supermen is how I always pictured that the Jedi in their prime would be. That's one of the many things I loved about the animated series.
Old 05-28-07, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by taffer
There is supposed to be a live-action series too. Has it ever been announced what time period it is set in?
Not yet. It's still a couple years out.

I heard a while back that it's set between Episodes III and IV and deals primarily with Boba Fett, but that was perhaps just some fanboy speculation. Sounds reasonable to me, though--I'd go for it.
Old 05-28-07, 10:48 AM

That's one of the many things I loved about the animated series.
It was so ridiculously over the top in the animated shorts that it bordered on stupid. One Jedi taking out thousands of droids with a single wave of his hands is a bit silly.
Old 05-28-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
The humans look horrible in CGI. I prefer the look of the original Clone Wars cartoons.
Old 05-28-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't mind the characters being the CGI version of the cartoon characters. Looks kinda cool to me at this point.
Old 05-28-07, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GuessWho
The humans look horrible in CGI. I prefer the look of the original Clone Wars cartoons.
Personally, I hated the anime look of the original series. The CGI is not high quality, but at least it is better than anime.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.