Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Disasembled and Star Wars Jedi Tales Volume 7 (ever)?

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Avengers: Disasembled and Star Wars Jedi Tales Volume 7 (ever)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars Jedi Tales Volume 7 (ever)?

Will we ever see Volume 7 of the Star Wars Jedi Tales? It's been about a year since the last one...

Last edited by Kube; 05-24-07 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-24-07, 08:38 PM

You mean SW Tales hasn't been cancelled? I have the first six trades and I thought that was it.
Old 05-24-07, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought and hoped it was ongoing....and have been waiting for a vol. 7.

Data...are you implying that it was always intended to go to six and that was it? I had no idea...
Old 05-24-07, 08:53 PM

Well, no I wasn't implying anything. I just thought there were no comics to collect after the sixth trade.

Erm, we are talking about the SW Tales, the book with the short non-canon stories of our favourite SW characters ? Some are humorous, some touching, all are good. That book, right? The best SW comic, IMO 'cause the writers don't take the SW myth seriously and all their stories are fun. My favourite story was the duel between Vader and Maul. Classic!

And if we're both talking about two different books, I apologise and boy, am I embarassed.
Old 05-24-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi...yup that's the one I was talking about. Love them. I wasn't keeping up with them on an issue by issue basis. I always waited for them to come out with the TPB. So, I didn't realize that they had stopped making them. So, i kept checking for the TPB. Silly me.

And they were the only Star Wars comics I liked. Although the last volume wasn't my favorite. It had a long story in it that didn't grab me.
Old 05-24-07, 09:03 PM

Yeah, I wasn't picking the individual issues either. Just wait for the trade. I don't have the books with me right now but I seem to recall that there was an editorial in the last book that said SW Tales was over (or did it say that it will continue?) Do you have the book with you now? Go check it. I'll check it later when I get home and update you.
Old 05-24-07, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nah, i don't have it with me.

You sound like you know you're stuff though. Too bad though.
Old 05-25-07, 04:32 AM

Kube, I've just checked SW Tales vol. 6 and it looks like yeah, #24 was the last issue and that's it. The last page where they wrote "Happy Trails, Everybody" pretty much sums it up. Pity. I guess no one else was reading that book except us. SW Tales was the only SW comic worth reading.
Old 05-25-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DZ, that is too bad.

I can't read any of those other SW comics. None of them are any interesting.

They were probably hoping that more people than just you and me would read them.
Old 05-25-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Is Avengers: Disassembled that horrible arc that pretty much destroyed the Avengers that Buseik and Perez had started? Or is that something different? I absolutely hated that arc, and it was pretty much the end of the Avengers for me... until Mighty Avengers, that is.