Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GH3 / Guitar Hero III Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
GH3 / Guitar Hero III Thread

SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 23, 2007 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- After warming their amps in the basement garage to rocking sold out shows at Stonehenge, fans of Activision, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) wildly popular Guitar Hero(TM) franchise will now be able to shred like never before with the next iteration of the game that will be available this fall. The new game will be released on the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system and PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Wii(TM) video game system from Nintendo.

Turning it up to 11, Guitar Hero fans will channel their inner rock god using Gibson Guitar's Les Paul and Kramer models as the industry standard. In addition, players will experience an incredible number of newly added features and explosive content including a new multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, grueling boss battles, a bevy of exclusive unlockable content and authentic rock venues. Expanded online multiplayer game modes will also allow axe-shredders worldwide to compete head-to-head for true legendary rock status.

While continuing to retain all the key features from their prior legendary performances, fresh downloadable content will be offered on multiple platforms, and players can now shred to a killer set list from many of the gnarliest rock songs ever recorded. Delivering more master tracks than ever before, strategic partnerships have been secured with all the major and independent music record labels and publishers to allow unrivaled access to their deep history of music catalogs, along with supplying artists' original recordings for even greater authenticity.

The initial list of face-melting awesomeness includes:

* Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
* Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
* Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
* School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
* Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

For the first time ever, Guitar Hero fans will also be able to thrash and burn with new wireless guitar controllers available for each platform. The exclusive Gibson guitars will include innovative features such as removable faceplates that will allow fans to later personalize their guitars and make it their own, and a new button color design that will be integrated for an even greater authentic feel and rock experience. Gibson Guitar's Les Paul model will be the battle axe of choice, and an industry standard for all rock gods on the Xbox 360(TM), PLAYSTATION(R)3 system, and Wii(TM). After much anticipation, PlayStation(R)2 system fans will also be receiving a new exclusive shape as well, the classic Kramer guitar, also a Gibson brand, popularized by hard rockers and known for its body design, pickups, electronics, and construction for furious finger fretting.

"The development team at Neversoft has been exceptional, and we've been able to incorporate a host of fresh new online and multi-player game play modes, along with exciting content into this version of Guitar Hero that our fans have been asking for. Also, many of the top bands and songs we've tried to get in the past are now on board, and we've definitely got some giant aces in the hole to say the least," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. "In addition, offering a new line of Gibson wireless guitars for each platform is going to truly add to the authentic rock star experience like no other."

The next iteration of Guitar Hero, published by RedOctane(R) and developed by Neversoft, is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information about Guitar Hero, please visit the dedicated community site www.guitarherogame.com.
Old 05-24-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This thread was started upon the request of numerous members.
Old 05-24-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They need more modern songs. One thing I hate about GH is all the 70's crap I've never heard of.
Old 05-24-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mopower
They need more modern songs. One thing I hate about GH is all the 70's crap I've never heard of.
Just because you haven't heard it before doesn't make it crap. I'll admit that I wasn't familiar with about half of the stuff on GHI & GHII, but that didn't stop me. In fact, I even enjoy playing songs that I don't particularly care for, because most of the time, the notelists make them enjoyable to play.

I welcome almost any song that is guitar-based into GHIII, and I will most likely enjoy playing it.
Old 05-24-07, 10:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Rumor has it that the Wii version will have you snap your Wiimote into the guitar which means all the wireless capabilities will come from there. I hope this translates to a lower price point for that version (but I doubt it).
Old 05-24-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wwwwwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

The thing I'm concerned about is them changing the fucking guitar after they made us 360 owners wait for 6 fucking months to get #2, and not even have the fucking guitar be wireless AND $10 more than the PS2 version. If the guitar is that much better on 3, I'm going to be pissed...
Old 05-24-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I suck at GH (I borrowed a friend's), but I will be getting this.
Old 05-24-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

considering the game is called "Guitar Hero", it seems obvious they would choose an era like the 70s, which was synonymous with guitar heros in general.
Old 05-24-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Rumor has it that the Wii version will have you snap your Wiimote into the guitar which means all the wireless capabilities will come from there. I hope this translates to a lower price point for that version (but I doubt it).
I don't really understand how that would work? Is there some sort of connection which will allow them to use extra buttons not included on the regular Wiimote? I have never played the game, but I don't remember the guitar looking like the Wii would be a good fit for it.

By the way, what's the cheapest way to get this game and an extra guitar? I want to get into the series, but I don't want to spend a boatload. Is PS2 the best option?
Old 05-24-07, 10:38 AM

The initial list of face-melting awesomeness includes:

I thought for sure they'd save this one for Sitar Hero.

Rockin' news, though. I've been hoping for "Cult of Personality," and I was pissed that they went with "Crazy on You" instead of "Barracuda" for GHII, and now they fixed that.

But most of all, I've been hoping/speculating for a Les Paul guitar, and wireless guitars packed in, and now we're getting both. Fantastic.
Old 05-24-07, 10:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The Wiimote has a port on it (used by the nunchuk and classic controllers) that allows any sort of input. So you would use the buttons on the guitar, which would be sent via the Wiimote back to the Wii. The Wiimote itself would be little more than a transmitter (unless the motion sensing is somehow utilized).

This is all rumor, of course, based more on what's possible than anything.
Old 05-24-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MWB
I thought for sure they'd save this one for Sitar Hero.

Rockin' news, though. I've been hoping for "Cult of Personality," and I was pissed that they went with "Crazy on You" instead of "Barracuda" for GHII, and now they fixed that.

But most of all, I've been hoping/speculating for a Les Paul guitar, and wireless guitars packed in, and now we're getting both. Fantastic.
What I would really love is for me to be able to plug in my own real les paul and have it interact with the game.
Old 05-24-07, 10:48 AM

what would be the point then?
Old 05-24-07, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
what would be the point then?
So you can brag about your own real Les Paul.
Old 05-24-07, 10:54 AM

good point

you have a classic or a standard?
Old 05-24-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MWB
So you can brag about your own real Les Paul.
That's really not what I meant at all. I just think it would be cool to combine the two activities into one, that's all.

Kurrpt - I have both.
Old 05-24-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's funny. I'm the opposite. I hardly listen to new music, so I didn't know what half the modern stuff was. I still like playing some of them though, even if I wouldn't listen to them on the radio.
Old 05-24-07, 11:30 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
In addition, players will experience an incredible number of newly added features and explosive content including a new multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, grueling boss battles
What? Action inspired multiplayer modes? Boss battles? What the fuck does that mean?

* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)
This alone has already sold me
Old 05-24-07, 11:36 AM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)

I'm probably not the first person to notice this, but all 3 of these songs were also in Dazed & Confused...this makes me slightly hopeful for Deep Purple - Highway Star & Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
Old 05-24-07, 11:37 AM

I agree...this playlist looks awsome
Old 05-24-07, 12:10 PM

That's really not what I meant at all. I just think it would be cool to combine the two activities into one, that's all.

Kurrpt - I have both.

are they both gibsons (non-epiphone)?

I used to have a gibson lp classic, but upgraded to a PRS single cut
Old 05-24-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
are they both gibsons (non-epiphone)?

I used to have a gibson lp classic, but upgraded to a PRS single cut
Yup, both great deals too (well under market). They just re-did the classics line and they have non-tinted inlays and 57 classics in them. They look and sound great.

I am currently looking for a PRS CE22 at a good price. I used to have a few PRS's but sold them all
Old 05-24-07, 12:24 PM

Ce's are pretty sweet for the price, I must say

If you do a little shopping-around, you should be able to get a used custom 22 for 1200-1500

i'd definitely recommend that
Old 05-24-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
I'd like to see some genre specific downloadable content.

Punk Rock
80's Metal
Southern Rock

and the like.

Or maybe band specific content? That'd be cool too.
Old 05-24-07, 02:11 PM
Retired

For the first time ever, Guitar Hero fans will also be able to thrash and burn with new wireless guitar controllers available for each platform. The exclusive Gibson guitars will include innovative features such as removable faceplates that will allow fans to later personalize their guitars and make it their own, and a new button color design that will be integrated for an even greater authentic feel and rock experience.
Hope this new button color design doesn't mean it won't work with GHI and GHII controllers.

I'll buy it if I can buy the game only version for PS2, but will pass otherwise as I don't need a 3rd controller--nor want to shell out another $80-90 for the bundle.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.