Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield - "The Math of Wrath" 5/22/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Shield - "The Math of Wrath" 5/22/07

Guest star: Paula Garcés (Officer Tina Hanlon), Alex O'Loughlin (Detective Kevin Hiatt), David Marciano (Detective Steve Billings) , Franka Potente (Diro Kesakhian)

Spoiler:
Vic learns about his true status at the Barn from Hiatt. Shane gets involved with the daughter of an Armenian mob boss. Claudette begins to question Hiatt's loyalty.

Oh boy! At least I know this will be a good episode this week after a frustrating set of Monday night finales!

I guess Franka Potente is joining the show which is way cool.
Old 05-22-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been one helluva season so far. Looking forward to tonight's ep!
Old 05-22-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IIRC, the season 5 commentary tracks had much praise for Franka's work with the show.
Old 05-22-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man... Shane is just burying himself with the Armenians. Typical Cletus - he thinks he's in control, but he'll soon find out the hard way that the Armenian mob now owns his hick ass.

Ronnie... can anything rattle him? Does he ever get upset?
Old 05-22-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"...I will throw down with you right now". Ronnie is the f-ckin' man!
Old 05-22-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Man all this extra screen time with Ronnie is great. Shit only 2 eps left!

Awesome promos for Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck also!
Old 05-22-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ronnie hasn't always been my favorite, but I think he became my favorite when he took a face full of stove and came back strong with the beard. They can kill Vic (as long as they take down Cletus and Aceveda as well), but Ronnie better make it out clean.

Last edited by Jimmy James; 05-22-07 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-22-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ronnie is unflappable.
Old 05-22-07, 10:25 PM

Kinda of a ho-hum episode IMO. Is it me or does this season seem like it has more "filler" episode's than previous season's?
Old 05-22-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by chaz k
Kinda of a ho-hum episode IMO. Is it me or does this season seem like it has more "filler" episode's than previous season's?
WOW..totally disagree

2 questions

Has a show ever been on this long while still getting better?

And has any show introduced a new character (not supporting) who fit in as seemlessly as Hyatt?

And whats great is that in other shows, you would be saying that the ronnie character has changed, but here its just that he is SOOOO emotionally removed that he was previously overpowered by the more dynamic personalitys like Shane and Lem....it just fits perfectly
Old 05-22-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chaz k
A "filler" episode is something that is completely unrelated to the long-term plot, and is just a toss-off episode. If you want a good example, look at the various TV episodes written by Jane Espenson (Buffy, Battlestar Galactica)

So while we haven't had as much action as previous seasons, none of the episodes constitute "filler."
Old 05-22-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Aceveda is really showing his true colors now.
Old 05-22-07, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the reason for less action is the obvious focus on the internal to a much greater extent than in past seasons.
Old 05-23-07, 12:53 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I liked Lem but his death leading to the incresed screentime for Ronnie has been great.

Ronnie's turning out to be everything Vic hoped Shane would be.
Old 05-23-07, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
WOW..totally disagree
Has a show ever been on this long while still getting better?
I've been thinking about that for a while now, and no I don't think so. Certainly not any shows I've watched.
The Shield hasn't even had a truly bad episode yet!
Old 05-23-07, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gunde
I've been thinking about that for a while now, and no I don't think so. Certainly not any shows I've watched.
The Shield hasn't even had a truly bad episode yet!
I agree. This is the only series that I can remember that consistently is great, and I honestly can't remember any "filler" episodes.
Old 05-23-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn, Shane showed no remorse for fingering a couple of stick-up guys for the Armenians to castrate. That's cold.

Loved the scene where Ronnie calls Vic out on killing Terry.

This isn't the final season, is it?
Old 05-23-07, 07:38 AM

Nope, one more season after this one.

Good episode - Cletus is going to screw himself yet again. 20 bucks says he bangs (or tries to) the Armenian mob boss in the next episode.
Old 05-23-07, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, I'm think Shane tries to bone Lola too. But great episode nonetheless.

I was pissed about the Nip/Tuck teaser though because I haven't seen season 4 yet (got into that series over last Xmas). Not to go off topic but is there a release date for that dvd?
Old 05-23-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX

Ronnie's turning out to be everything Vic hoped Shane would be.
Pretty much, hes not heartless, but he's cold, in terms of doing whats best for the greater good. Shane is too emotional, and of course Ronnie isnt

And as much as I love Vic, who thinks he should die in the final ep? I dont think I could handle him riding off in the sunset, having a good day.

Or better yet maybe him having to live with a circle of violence that will never end. But better than how 24 did it the other night

Last edited by stingermck; 05-23-07 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-23-07, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Fetzore
Nope, one more season after this one.

Good episode - Cletus is going to screw himself yet again. 20 bucks says he bangs (or tries to) the Armenian mob boss in the next episode.
At least she's be of age this time....and of course, the only reason he'd do her is because of his guilt about Lem.
Old 05-23-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Vic won't die in the final episode. He will be let go and recruited by CTU to hunt down Jack Bauer leading an ultimate Dragon Ball Z fight for the fate of the world.

Seriously though, I bet he goes down in the end for the Terry Crowley murder...that way the show ends and begins with the same storyline.
Old 05-23-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
I was pissed about the Nip/Tuck teaser though because I haven't seen season 4 yet (got into that series over last Xmas). Not to go off topic but is there a release date for that dvd?
9/04/07

Yeah, I always thought Ronnie was just too quiet. Like he never had lines, but now we can see why. His character is based on being the calm, cool observer in the group. But he was always the "go to" guy when anyone needed something done reliably and cooly - unlike Shane or Lem who had their own various character-driven reactions... Shane beating the shit out of fellow strike team member Tavon (whatever happened to him?!) or Lem burning the money train money.
Old 05-23-07, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Seriously though, I bet he goes down in the end for the Terry Crowley murder...that way the show ends and begins with the same storyline.
And I think Hyatt (new Striketeam guy, is that his name?) is going to be the one to bring him down. He's doing a little too much to get in Vic's good graces while going against Claudette, I'm pretty certain he's working with the Feds.
Old 05-23-07, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by johnglass
And I think Hyatt (new Striketeam guy, is that his name?) is going to be the one to bring him down. He's doing a little too much to get in Vic's good graces while going against Claudette, I'm pretty certain he's working with the Feds.
Good point... he has to know of Vic's history, so he could be working with the feds. Remember, the only reason Vic knew Terry was working for IAD was because Gilroy gave him the heads-up.

I'm also expecting something happening to Vic's ex and / or his kids. In some way, the violence and corruption he breeds comes back and kills or severely injures a member of his family.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.