Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

De Niro and Pacino Reunite in Righteous Kill

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20473

De Niro and Pacino Reunite for Kill
Source: Variety May 17, 2007

Robert De Niro and Al Pacino will team for the second time in Righteous Kill, a $60 million independent production put together by Nu Image's Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films, reports Variety.

Shooting will begin August 6 in Connecticut, with some work in Chicago to follow. The two stars play cops chasing a serial killer. Jon Avnet will direct and produce and the script is by Inside Man screenwriter Russell Gewirtz.

"This is an event in world history," Nu Image's Avi Lerner said. "They were in two scenes in 'Heat.' In this movie, they are in the whole thing together."

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?lay...117965130&cs=1

De Niro, Pacino reunite for 'Kill'
Duo to reteam in independent film

CANNES -- Robert De Niro and Al Pacino will team onscreen for just the second time in "Righteous Kill," a $60 million indie production put together by Nu Image's Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films.
Shooting will begin Aug. 6 in Connecticut, with some work in Gotham to follow. The two stars play cops chasing a serial killer. Jon Avnet will direct and produce and the script is by "Inside Man" scribe Russell Gewirtz.

Nu Image topper Avi Lerner and Randall Emmett, two of the pic's six producers, did not disclose additional plot details or the source material during a short press briefing Thursday. Rights to all world territories are being shopped in Cannes.

Emmett said the idea for the film originated from the two actors' desire to co-star. "They're friends, and this really all got started from that," he said.

With typical showmanship, seated in the Nu Image Noga Hilton suite overlooking the beach, Lerner went a step farther.

"This is an event in world history," he said. "They were in two scenes in 'Heat.' In this movie, they are in the whole thing together."

Last edited by fryinpan1; 05-17-07 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-17-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I can see the posters now...

From the director of Fried Green Tomatoes and the producers of Shark Attack III: Megalodon
Old 05-17-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yummy.
Old 05-17-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Two cops chasing a serial killer? Yawn.

This may have been good 10 years ago.
Old 05-17-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If this was like 10 years ago I'd be jumping for joy over this news. Now, not so much. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this film because I love Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro is great but this seems too little too late.
Old 05-17-07, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Jon Avnet? This is the best they could find to direct two legends?
Old 05-17-07, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
I'd like to think that $60M films are no longer considered indie.
Old 05-17-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If a movie stars both De Niro and Pacino, I'm there.
Old 05-17-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Me too, though I hope they don't pull one of the two as being the serial killer.
Old 05-17-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I'll see it, but Jon Avnet? Hopefully DeNiro gets some time to throw his two cents in on a scene or two. The scriptwriter has an impressive track record, but the director does too much mush IMO, even though his last thriller, Double Jeopardy, was a hit. (not a deserved one)
Old 05-17-07, 05:55 PM
Banned

Pacino & DeNiro in their 60's chasing a killer in $60 million movie?
There must be a lot of c.g.i. in Pacino & DeNiro's appearance to make them look in their 30's.
Old 05-17-07, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Ditto
Old 05-17-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kickass
Old 05-17-07, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
That sums it up for me.
Old 05-17-07, 08:46 PM

They had 2 scenes in the film HEAT

But in this Indie movie, they will in it for the whole film!!!!!!!

Their's very few actors I jump around the house for when I hear their teaming up, and Pacino and De Niro, are worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S CELEBRATE PACINO AND DE NIRO ON SCREEN FOR THE WHOLE FILM!!!!!!
THE WORLD WAITS!!!!!!!!!!!!
They had 2 scenes in the film HEAT

But in this Indie movie, they will in it for the whole film!!!!!!!

Their's very few actors I jump around the house for when I hear their teaming up, and Pacino and De Niro, are worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S CELEBRATE PACINO AND DE NIRO ON SCREEN FOR THE WHOLE FILM!!!!!!
THE WORLD WAITS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS A WORLD EVENT
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
TELL YOUR FAMILY
TELL YOUR BABIES
HELL TELL THE MOUSE YOU CAN'T CATCH!!!
PACINO AND DE NIRO ARE COMING TOGETHER LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

PARTY TIME!!!! I'M BUYING.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2007-05-17/#3
De Niro, Pacino Team for Indie Movie
Robert De Niro and Al Pacino will co-star in the indie film Righteous Kill from Nu Image's Millennium Films and Emmett Furla Films, Daily Variety reported from the Cannes Film Festival today (Thursday). The trade publication quoted Nu Image chief Avi Lerner as saying, "This is an event in world history." Lerner pointed out that De Niro and Pacino had appeared together only once before in a film. "They were in two scenes in Heat. In this movie, they are in the whole thing together," he said.
Old 05-17-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Hey, I think this could be great! DeNiro and Pacino together sharing some serious screen time? Great!

Now the script damned well better be good....
Old 05-17-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I'm there opening night...
Old 05-17-07, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
That sums it up for me.
Total agreement here. Well, if they're actually in the same scene for more than five minutes..

Hope I can find out where they'll be shooting beforehand.
Old 05-18-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I heard somewhere there was a rumor that Pacino and DeNiro never shot their scene in the diner together in Heat, but Michael Mann debunked it by producing a photo of the set on the day they shot it.
Old 05-18-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I heard somewhere there was a rumor that Pacino and DeNiro never shot their scene in the diner together in Heat, but Michael Mann debunked it by producing a photo of the set on the day they shot it.
Yeah, this rumor has been around a long time for some reason. There were plenty of press photos and behind the scenes stuff of them together in the diner talking to Mann while shooting. I believe there's a couple wide shots during the scene which show them together also. The conspiracy theorists wanted to think there was some unfound hostility between them, even though they're friends.
Old 05-18-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 05-18-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Yeah, this rumor has been around a long time for some reason. There were plenty of press photos and behind the scenes stuff of them together in the diner talking to Mann while shooting. I believe there's a couple wide shots during the scene which show them together also. The conspiracy theorists wanted to think there was some unfound hostility between them, even though they're friends.
I've seen Heat at least dozen times. The diner scene is shot in that you always see the back of one their heads.. so for that scene, the "conspiracy" might be warranted. However, they are in the exact same shot in the scene directly before the diner (where Hanna pulls McCauley over) and in the final scene.. so yeah.
Old 05-18-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
I've seen Heat at least dozen times. The diner scene is shot in that you always see the back of one their heads.. so for that scene, the "conspiracy" might be warranted. However, they are in the exact same shot in the scene directly before the diner (where Hanna pulls McCauley over) and in the final scene.. so yeah.
Yep you're right. I was thinking of this still shot for some reason, even though it wasn't in the movie.

Old 05-18-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I'm there opening night...
IF it gets one, Nu Image usually makes it straight to DVD or very few theaters.
Old 05-18-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd rather put my penis in a blender than watch a film made by Nu Image and Millenium Films. Hyuk. Seriously, how this production company is remaining in business is beyond me. Either they have some solid fucking dirt on a good portion of everyone who's wealthy in Hollywood or those direct-to-Sci-Fi Channel films are raking in some serious cash. I believe they're also involved with drug trafficking, but that's just me.

[Yes, I know they're making their money in international deals, but I like to think otherwise.]

Now let's just ignore the Sci-Fi channel/direct-to-video shit they've made and let's focus on the others.

Prozac Nation. Picked up by Miramax. Terrible reviews and bad word of mouth send it straight-to-video.

Undisputed. Another film picked up by Miramax and it happens to be one of Walter Hill's worst films. It spawns numerous direct-to-video sequels that New Line picked-up when Miramax wanted nothing to do with them.

Highwaymen. Picked up by New Line, pulled from theaters within two weeks. Not only that, the film only made it in about 175 locations.

Mozart and the Whale. Josh Hartnett plays a retard and the Hollywood press goes apeshit. Picked up by Sony as apart of a deal they struck with the company, sent direct-to-video. To be honest, this is the company's only decent film. However, it's Rainman-lite as far as I'm concerned.

Edison. Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, Justin Timberlake. What could go wrong? Was apart of Sony's deal as I mentioned earlier, re-titled to Edison Force, went direct-to-video.

16 Blocks. This was apart of a brief production deal the company set-up with Warner Brothers. Richard Donner and Bruce Willis doing what they do best -- cashing in a paycheck.

The Black Dahlia. Millennium funded a good portion of the back end for this Universal film. This was meant to be DePalma's return, but it tanked.

The Wicker Man. Apart of that Warner deal. It finally proved to the world what a talentless hack Neil LaBute was and might've been Nicolas Cage's worst preformance yet (but damn, was it entertaining).

Home of the Brave. Picked up by MGM. The film had a quick one-week release in New York and Los Angeles for Oscar consideration. Word of mouth shut that down and the film was quickly pulled off the release schedule. MGM finally released it "silently" last week in select cities with very little expansion planned.

88 Minutes. Al Pacino film shot two years ago that takes place in real time. Has had theatrical releases internationally to very negative reviews, no word on a US release -- however, it's most likely going -- wait for it -- wait for it -- direct-to-DVD.

Yeah, a horrific track record.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.