Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Madonna track, "Hey You", for Live Earth. Download free!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Madonna has recorded a new song, "Hey You", for the upcoming Live Earth concerts, taking place on 07/07/07. She produced the track with Pharell Williams in London.

From MSN.com:

Inspired by Live Earth, Madonna has written a new song titled "Hey You," which is available exclusively on MSN, free of charge, for seven days. "Hey You" was produced by Pharrell Williams and Madonna and recorded in London. Madonna will perform "Hey You" as one of the headliners for Live Earth U.K., joining the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Genesis, the Beastie Boys and other performers at Wembley Stadium in London on July 7, as part of the 24-hour, seven-continent Live Earth concert series.

As the exclusive online destination for Live Earth, MSN is pleased to offer this song in conjunction with Madonna and is proud to donate 25 cents for each of the first 1 million downloads to the Alliance for Climate Protection, in support of Live Earth.

http://liveearth.msn.com/green/Madonnadownload

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ask that everyone here download the track. It's absolutely free, and will go towards a great cause!
Old 05-17-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is the full press release from Warner Bros. and Madonna.com:

MADONNA WRITES NEW SONG "HEY YOU" FOR UPCOMING LIVE EARTH CONCERT SERIES ON JULY 7TH

Song To Release at MSN May 16 in Downloadable MP3 Format

Microsoft Pledges Donation Making First Million Downloads Free to the Public

Warner Bros. Records to Release LIVE EARTH CD/DVD of Worldwide Shows

Inspired by the upcoming July 7th Live Earth series of concerts, Madonna has written a new song, "Hey You," which will be available to be downloaded in the MP3 format on Microsoft’s home page, http://liveearth.msn.com, on May 16. The first million downloads of "Hey You" will be free as Microsoft has pledged to donate $0.25 per download to the Alliance for Climate Protection for the first million downloads.

Madonna is scheduled to perform "Hey You" live at the Wembley Stadium Live Earth concert in London, it was confirmed by her record label, Warner Bros. Records, who have also announced that they will be releasing a live CD/DVD of the Live Earth Concert Series.

Madonna’s new song, "Hey You," recorded in London, was produced by Pharrell Williams and Madonna. She is one of seventeen headliners that have been announced including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Genesis, Beastie Boys and others who will perform at Wembley as part of the 24-hour, 7-continent Live Earth Concert Series.

"On 7/7/07, Live Earth will inspire people from around the world to combat global warming with live performances from superstar artists like Madonna," Live Earth Founder Kevin Wall said. "The early release of "Hey You" is an incredible boost to our efforts to get people engaged in the environmental cause. We are thrilled that Madonna donated her art to Live Earth and is a part of this movement for us."

Live Earth is a monumental music event on 7/7/07 that will bring together more than 100 headlining music artists and 2 billion people to launch an ongoing, mass movement to combat the climate crisis. Concerts will take place in New York; London; Sydney; Tokyo; Shanghai; Johannesburg; Rio de Janeiro; and Hamburg. Live Earth’s 24 hours of music across 7 continents will deliver a call to action and the solutions needed to answer the call. Live Earth marks the beginning of a multi-year campaign led by The Alliance for Climate Protection to move individuals, corporations and governments to take action.

The concerts will be streamed live at LiveEarth.MSN.com and available on CD/DVD.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the web:

www.madonna.com
www.msn.com
http://liveearth.msn.com/green/Madonnadownload
http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/
Old 05-17-07, 12:40 AM

decent song for a ballad... and FREE! and they donate money to a worthy cause?! what's not to love about this!
Old 05-17-07, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Pretty good song. Thanks.

Too bad there isn't any album art for me to copy for my itunes file, but now I'm just being greedy, I guess.
Old 05-17-07, 09:09 AM

thank you for the info! Good song, good price and a good cause. Cant beat that! I wonder if the other artists will follow suit?
Old 05-17-07, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice find. Thanks!
Old 05-17-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Decker
Pretty good song. Thanks.

Too bad there isn't any album art for me to copy for my itunes file, but now I'm just being greedy, I guess.
I saw this on the Live Earth site. This would make a cool cover.

Old 05-17-07, 06:06 PM

ok song. thanks though.
Old 05-18-07, 09:00 AM

i like it but a bit uninspiring for pharrell williams production.
Old 05-21-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe this has three more days to be able to download for free. I'm bumping for those who missed this, and would like to download it.
Old 05-23-07, 12:32 AM

Thanks for the info. and link. I downloaded the song, its a nice feel good song.