Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Alien Head DVD Set $119.90 at Play-Asia

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alien Head DVD Set $119.90 at Play-Asia

This is the Quadrilogy set that is Region 3. So you'll either need a region free player or just upgrade your existing set to this great package like I did.

That's $119.90 American dollars plus $68 in Shipping. Not bad for an out-of-print set that's hard to find at a decent price.

Compare to: HMV.co.uk - 134.99 GBP = 268.003 USD + Shipping 37.00 GBP = 73.4508 USD Total: $341.45
Amazon.uk sellers: 145-269.99 GBP (287-535.98 USD)
DVDAsian - $199.01 (inc. Media Mail Ship) - this was also a good price.
E-Bay - $375 + 117 Shipping

Here's the Link if your're interested. Play-Asia indicates it's for a limited time only.

I can't stand the Quadrilogy box the movies came in. Mine fell apart in the first couple of months (glue gave out). I've always had my eye on this Alien Head so yeah it's still alot of money but it's cool as hell. Plus my just shipped today after ordering last night. Can't wait.

Old 05-17-07, 01:19 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks! I'm in for 1.
Old 05-17-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bought 11. Gonna rack in dough repackaging them with the R1 set and selling
Old 05-17-07, 04:01 PM

Bought 15 - going to build my own army of aliens
Old 05-17-07, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by kaze0
Bought 11. Gonna rack in dough repackaging them with the R1 set and selling

i really hope you're lying, what a douchebag thing to do.
Old 05-17-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Bought 15 - going to build my own army of aliens
Now you just need the Special Limited Edition Alien Torso DVD packaging!
(and then the Left Arm, Right Arm, Abdomen, Left Leg, Right Leg and Tail packaging...)
Old 05-17-07, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in for 50, Gotta make sure I have the biggest alien army incase we goto war.
Old 05-17-07, 06:14 PM

in for 30 - should feed the family for weeks
Old 05-17-07, 06:46 PM
Cool New Member

I'm glad I bought mine before you guys came along. lol
Old 05-18-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by takingchase
i really hope you're lying, what a douchebag thing to do.
Really? Providing a service to people, that's a bad?

A financially risky thing to do? Maybe, but probably not.

Douchebag move? Nope.
Old 05-18-07, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Before posting you should have atleast researched what was the one sold at the site you are referring at.

1st of all the image you used from skullface.com does not depict the Alien Head set sold at Play. The one pictured by skullface was the Japanese Alien Head ( the best crafted Alien Head set out there) that comes with an Alien Kubrick.

The one sold at play was the HK release made by Widesight Ent.

So the price you mentioned.. well its juts the price it meant to carry. In fact there are other sites that sells it cheaper than the one you mentioned

Again, please research further before sharing.

Originally Posted by tjn007
This is the Quadrilogy set that is Region 3. So you'll either need a region free player or just upgrade your existing set to this great package like I did.

That's $119.90 American dollars plus $68 in Shipping. Not bad for an out-of-print set that's hard to find at a decent price.

Compare to: HMV.co.uk - 134.99 GBP = 268.003 USD + Shipping 37.00 GBP = 73.4508 USD Total: $341.45
Amazon.uk sellers: 145-269.99 GBP (287-535.98 USD)
DVDAsian - $199.01 (inc. Media Mail Ship) - this was also a good price.
E-Bay - $375 + 117 Shipping

Here's the Link if your're interested. Play-Asia indicates it's for a limited time only.

I can't stand the Quadrilogy box the movies came in. Mine fell apart in the first couple of months (glue gave out). I've always had my eye on this Alien Head so yeah it's still alot of money but it's cool as hell. Plus my just shipped today after ordering last night. Can't wait.

Old 05-18-07, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Before posting you should have atleast researched what was the one sold at the site you are referring at.

1st of all the image you used from skullface.com does not depict the Alien Head set sold at Play. The one pictured by skullface was the Japanese Alien Head ( the best crafted Alien Head set out there) that comes with an Alien Kubrick.

So the price you mentioned.. well its juts the price it meant to carry. In fact there are other sites that sells it cheaper than the one you mentioned

Since you've obviously done the research, why not go one step further and share it with us? Where can we find it cheaper and how much does it cost? And how about a link to a picture of the actual product?

What's worse? Somebody who acidentally shares a falsehood or somebody who knows the truth but won't share it?
Old 05-18-07, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Peep
Since you've obviously done the research, why not go one step further and share it with us? Where can we find it cheaper and how much does it cost? And how about a link to a picture of the actual product?

What's worse? Somebody who acidentally shares a falsehood or somebody who knows the truth but won't share it?
Please don't ask the MASTER to share his secrets....Him and only him can have the ultimate knowledge and only he knows everything.....If he says so it has to be the truth....
Old 05-18-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Really? Providing a service to people, that's a bad?

A financially risky thing to do? Maybe, but probably not.

Douchebag move? Nope.
I think there's a difference between "Hey I could hook a few people up with this using an R1 set instead and make a couple bucks." and
Bought 11. Gonna rack [sic] in dough repackaging them with the R1 set and selling
which is not about serving people but about trying to pull as much money as possible from people.

not to mention, buying 11 of them would be asinine, as that's rather rude to anyone else on this board who might've just wanted the darn thing if there's a limited supply.
Old 05-18-07, 11:19 AM

if you guys don't cut it out my neo bust is gonna "whoa" all of you...
and my planet of the apes head is gonna...gonna...poop on you!
there!
Old 05-18-07, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by elektrohog
if you guys don't cut it out my neo bust is gonna "whoa" all of you...
and my planet of the apes head is gonna...gonna...poop on you!
there!
We should find a way to COMBINE THEM!

A Whoa-ing monkey alien (hellboykonggollum...)
Old 05-18-07, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by xage

Sorry it was my bad that I didn't specify which version the Alien Head was. But here's the scoop: From what I can find, the Head itself is the same regardless whether you buy Region 2 or 3. Yes the "Japanese version" has the Alien Kubrick and I think a booklet and of course the movies.

I only care about the Alien Head. I already have the region 1 movies and all I'm going to do is take them out of that horrid digi-pack foldout and place then in the head. I would much rather spend less than $200 (inc ship) than over $400 for the Japanese version just to get the Kubrick and the booklet. The picture posted was only to be representative of the Alien Head, not what was available in the entire package.

This is not a usual purchase for me. Mostly I buy "off the shelf/internet" for the standard release/special edition. I find that most of the movie editions that come with special packaging are crappy in Region 1.

So please don't shoot the messenger. I was only trying to make people aware of what is out there and if someone can find either a better deal or set to purchase, please share. This is the purpose of the forum since we're all movie/dvd nuts. So if I offended anyone's view of what should be represented, that was not my intent.
Old 05-18-07, 05:10 PM

Here is the new set up...

Alien Head (region 2) Vs. Planet of the Apes Head (Region 1)

I imagine the Alien has a British Hisssssssss...

Mike
Old 05-18-07, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by icarwngs55
Here is the new set up...

Alien Head (region 2) Vs. Planet of the Apes Head (Region 1)

I imagine the Alien has a British Hisssssssss...

Mike
You know, there is a Predator head set out there as well.........
Old 05-18-07, 08:03 PM
Cool New Member

Sonny from I, Robot also.
Old 05-18-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tjn007
...So please don't shoot the messenger. I was only trying to make people aware of what is out there and if someone can find either a better deal or set to purchase, please share. This is the purpose of the forum since we're all movie/dvd nuts. So if I offended anyone's view of what should be represented, that was not my intent.
good job tjn007!

professional and stand-up responses are much welcome in these sometimes chaotic threads
Old 05-18-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
I think the OP needs to be shot -- when my set arrived I gleefully ripped open the package and cracked open the head -- the OP did not bother to warn us about the ACID BLOOD INSIDE! Now I'm typing this with one hand (and not the good manner).

Oh well, at least I fared better than my neighbor . . . he ordered the R4 Facehugger version . . . it jumped right of the box and latched onto his face. It's OK though, it just fell off after a couple of days . . . <cue ominous music>
Old 05-19-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

which is not about serving people but about trying to pull as much money as possible from people.

not to mention, buying 11 of them would be asinine, as that's rather rude to anyone else on this board who might've just wanted the darn thing if there's a limited supply.
Welcome to America. That is Capatilism. No need to bust the guys chops. He is just open and honest about what many many others are doing. Dont sweat it to much, they wont make a lot of money.

Some idiot on ebay will drag the market down by marking it up a few bucks over what he paid. He would rather work for himself for minimum wage than McDonalds.
Old 05-19-07, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Welcome to America. That is Capatilism. No need to bust the guys chops. He is just open and honest about what many many others are doing. Dont sweat it to much, they wont make a lot of money.

Some idiot on ebay will drag the market down by marking it up a few bucks over what he paid. He would rather work for himself for minimum wage than McDonalds.
Yeah, it's capitalism, and I didn't bust his chops, merely contesting the claim that he was "providing a service" (and that it wasn't a "douchebag move").

Not really providing a service to take advantage of people.
Admittedly, they might perceive it as such if they aren't aware of the original source, but "empirically" it isn't.
It's how it is, but that doesn't make it nice. It's whether you ACCEPT these things, not that they are suddenly nice because "that's how it is."

(I do accept them, on some level, but disagreed with the virulence directed at the virulent response to that claim)
Old 05-19-07, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Abob Teff
I think the OP needs to be shot -- when my set arrived I gleefully ripped open the package and cracked open the head -- the OP did not bother to warn us about the ACID BLOOD INSIDE! Now I'm typing this with one hand (and not the good manner).

Oh well, at least I fared better than my neighbor . . . he ordered the R4 Facehugger version . . . it jumped right of the box and latched onto his face. It's OK though, it just fell off after a couple of days . . . <cue ominous music>
That's some funny shit. Thanks for the laugh.

I was dying to get one of these things when they came out, but I wasn't region free then. And $200 is still a hefty chunk of change.

Last edited by Living Dead; 05-19-07 at 06:14 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.