Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24s world war 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
24s world war 3

It seems like theres been a lot of talk about the threat of starting world war 3 this season. Could this seasons finale end with the start of the war? In TV guide they said there's a big transission at the end that'll change 24. If the writers wanted to do something completely different for next year this would definately be a different angle. There'd be so many new stories that wouldn't need to have terroists threats anymore and still be very compelling.
Old 05-15-07, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
A world war that begins and ends in one day. What will tv writers think of next? I say they should bag this idea, if they're considering it, and move on to something else. Hell I would rather see CTU pillow fights with the ladies for 24 hours then watch that silly idea unfold. The whole Russian scenario has been so forced and very stupid.
Old 05-15-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
this didn't need a new thread.
Old 05-15-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mhg83
It seems like theres been a lot of talk about the threat of starting world war 3 this season. Could this seasons finale end with the start of the war? In TV guide they said there's a big transission at the end that'll change 24. If the writers wanted to do something completely different for next year this would definately be a different angle. There'd be so many new stories that wouldn't need to have terroists threats anymore and still be very compelling.

Actually. I like that. World war three. Next season in a post apocoloptyic Jack.

Maybe instead of trying to save the world. He tries to save his son, or Kim or something who knows.
Old 05-15-07, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still think the best idea I've heard to date is a going w/ the movie cross over and have 28 Hours Later where Jack is fighting rage infested zombies
Old 05-15-07, 11:07 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I want Bauer to deal with an Alien threat next season. No one would see that coming.
Old 05-15-07, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe ten years from now in the 24 universe Jack will be taking on his son/nephew as the main villain.
Old 05-16-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
I still think the best idea I've heard to date is a going w/ the movie cross over and have 28 Hours Later where Jack is fighting rage infested zombies
Man, don't even say shit like that if you can't make it happen!

I would be all over that!
Old 05-16-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Maybe ten years from now in the 24 universe Jack will be taking on his son/nephew as the main villain.
I think Jack's nephew/son will probably join forces with Behrooz to take Jack down. Zombie Tony will save the day though.
Old 05-16-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Methinks the OP, a new member by the way, is a writer for '24' and is trying see if the idea will fly.

Well, sir, I ask you to please give us Jack v. zombies, including an incredibly hot Kim-zombie dressed like she was in S1. We can ogle her for a few minutes before Jack lops off her head. Thanks.
Old 05-16-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nemein
I've also been calling for zombies for a while now.
Old 05-16-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CharlieK
Methinks the OP, a new member by the way, is a writer for '24' and is trying see if the idea will fly.
Given his spelling, I hope to god not. However, with the quality of this season, it would make sense.
Old 05-16-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Actually. I like that. World war three. Next season in a post apocoloptyic Jack.

Maybe instead of trying to save the world. He tries to save his son, or Kim or something who knows.
Or he wanders the deserts of Australia fighting nomads for gasoline.
Old 05-16-07, 07:31 PM
Banned

Next year Jack will be brought into the Prison Break plot.
Old 05-16-07, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
They should just make a deal with ABC so Jack can cross over into the last season of Lost. He can solve all their problems (starting with a brutal death for Dr. Jack - I've hated him since season 2) in the space of a day.
Old 05-16-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Next seasons 24 can be Jack integrating himself into other shows to wrap up annoying plotholes. Lost: he can torture Ben so that we really know what the Fuck is going on. Then he heads over to Prison Break and shows Michael how to really handle his buisness and actually not get caught. Then he goes over to Two Men and whatever and pounds Charlie Sheen senseless while he sexes up his roommates ladies. A trip to American Idol just might do away with that show and its contestants for good (thank God!!!). That takes care of the four hour pilot.