The Shield - "Exiled" 5/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Shield - "Exiled" 5/15/07

"Exiled"

Spoiler:
After Vic disowns him, Shane turns to the Armenian mob for help. Vic gets more involved with the San Marcos investigation, while Dutch and Billings are able to track down someone who survived the massacre.

Well is anyone still watching? I didn't even see a thread for last week's episode. So the cat is out of the bag. I never did like Shane. Killing Lem certainly didn't improve my fondness for him.

BTW - Autumn Chiklis is finally growing into her looks. She was not a pretty little girl!
Old 05-15-07, 02:12 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan

Well is anyone still watching? I didn't even see a thread for last week's episode.
Many of us have already finished with the season, but that thread is here.
Old 05-15-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Why would everyone be done with the season? Not enjoying it?

Im still wondering about Tigre...
Old 05-15-07, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Why would everyone be done with the season? Not enjoying it?
finished = we've already seen the final episodes
They've already aired on French TV.
Old 05-15-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MechanicalMan
finished = we've already seen the final episodes
They've already aired on French TV.
Well I want to discuss them as they air here. So anyone who is patient enough to let it unfold for the next few weeks, please post away. Anyone else, please don't post spoilers!
Old 05-15-07, 03:48 PM

Wasn't Tigre seen crying at Lem's casket in the webisode?
Old 05-15-07, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hooo boy... I have a feeling that Vic just royally screwed up handing that gang captain the disposable phone...
Old 05-15-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Hooo boy... I have a feeling that Vic just royally screwed up handing that gang captain the disposable phone...
Wasn't sure if it's either that or the fact that about 10 different people found out about the guy being undercover tonight. Even Aceveda blabbed.
Old 05-15-07, 10:29 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Yeah, I figure it's going to be the guy Acevada told that will turn out to be the leak.
Old 05-15-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Daryl
Wasn't sure if it's either that or the fact that about 10 different people found out about the guy being undercover tonight. Even Aceveda blabbed.
True. Could be that the phone thing is an attempt to make us think that is the reason behind whatshisname going missing, when in reality it's the guy that Aceveda talked to.
Old 05-16-07, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

True. Could be that the phone thing is an attempt to make us think that is the reason behind whatshisname going missing, when in reality it's the guy that Aceveda talked to.
I'd think it would be the opposite. The more obvious problem if you ask me is this guy Aceveda is so enthralled with. They have foreshadowed him being a problem with the scene where he brings him into the Barn.
Old 05-16-07, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A couple of other things. I'm not sure I can swallow Shane suddenly being able to out-Vic Vic. Suddenly he's a mastermind who thinking 2 steps ahead of the man who sees every angle!

And while Katey Sagal might be getting up there in years in the face, she's still rack-tacular in the chest
Old 05-16-07, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode last night, definitely.

It was nice to see that, apparently, Shane has got some brains (I felt like he didn't when he left the team after the money train incident and tried to go out on his own).

Aceveda can still blow me.
Old 05-16-07, 09:56 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shane didn't see that he would spark a gas turf war. As shown over and over, he's a wannabe Vic without the mental equipment.
Old 05-16-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
Yeah, I figure it's going to be the guy Acevada told that will turn out to be the leak.
As soon as AssInvader starter talking to that guy tonight, everyone one of my buddies and I watching audibly groaned because you just knew he was going to out the UC and it was going to get him killed. Do you think that means Mister Neighborhood Pride Land Developer is dirty? Doesn't like someone infiltrating his "constituency"? Or was it an accident? Either way Vic has a whole new reason to hate Acevada (not that he was lacking for them previously) since the UC seemed to have earned Vic's respect, and trusted him only to be discovered and killed.

Doc
Old 05-16-07, 10:04 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The guy he gave the phone to was mexican, Hernan was with the Salvadorans. Hernan was pretty low on the food chain in the gang, I doubt the Biz Lat would recognize the number.
Old 05-16-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A couple of other things. I'm not sure I can swallow Shane suddenly being able to out-Vic Vic. Suddenly he's a mastermind who thinking 2 steps ahead of the man who sees every angle!

And while Katey Sagal might be getting up there in years in the face, she's still rack-tacular in the chest
I was thinking that about Shane also, but I also realized that a lot of what he's done is just survival instinct and not great planning. Cletus is still messing up, as evidenced by him going to the freakin' Armenians for protection. If they find out he was involved with the money train, he's screwed.

Katey is damned amazing in the chest. And let's be honest, for her years, her face is damned good. I'd still hit it.
Old 05-16-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX
The guy he gave the phone to was mexican, Hernan was with the Salvadorans. Hernan was pretty low on the food chain in the gang, I doubt the Biz Lat would recognize the number.
I agree, but at the same time, it seems weird that they specifically mentioned this throwaway phone twice. It seems like it will be at least an angle Vic will pursue assuming Hernan turns up dead.
Old 05-16-07, 10:26 AM

It seems like it will be at least an angle Vic will pursue assuming Hernan turns up dead.
huh?

wasn't he at the gas station?
Old 05-16-07, 10:38 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
No, that was the station owner who apparently didn't refuse the gasoline shipment.
Old 05-16-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dek
No, that was the station owner who apparently didn't refuse the gasoline shipment.
That didn't make sense to me either. Who then DID that to him? Shane? The Armenians were asking Shane to go persuade this guy like they wanted to stay out of the loop on the coercion. So he didn't refuse the delivery and then the Armenians murdered him? Why didn't they just threaten him themselves and keep Cletus out of it?

So no one mentioned finding the one-armed man. That was just messed up. What the hell was he planning to do? Hide in a cheap ass motel for the rest of his life with a bag of money ~$300K?

I'm really digging Hyatt, but I'm not sure how good buddying up with Vic is going to be for his career.

When they went to raid the house the shooters were in, what was going on? Were two guys doing a girl from both ends in front of the open fridge while the third watched/got a beverage? I couldn't really tell exactly what was happening.
Old 05-16-07, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So no one mentioned finding the one-armed man. That was just messed up. What the hell was he planning to do? Hide in a cheap ass motel for the rest of his life with a bag of money ~$300K?
I admit, I'm a little confused by this whole storyline. Not quite sure what to make of it, but am enjoying the ride.
I'm really digging Hyatt, but I'm not sure how good buddying up with Vic is going to be for his career.
I am, too. I thought I'd hate him as Vic's replacement, but he's been cool so far.
When they went to raid the house the shooters were in, what was going on? Were two guys doing a girl from both ends in front of the open fridge while the third watched/got a beverage?
Exactly. At first I thought maybe it was a guy getting tag-teamed given their reaction, but on a second viewing it was indeed a chick.
Old 05-16-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Pretty confusing episode. Wish there was an episode guide for this show like fox does for 24.

Were the real shooters really in the house? Or they were just random gang members? The guy pulling out the dip immun defense there was Mexican or Salvadoran?
Old 05-16-07, 02:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ranger
The guy pulling out the dip immun defense there was Mexican or Salvadoran?
Mexican
Old 05-16-07, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by orderandlaw
Great episode last night, definitely.

It was nice to see that, apparently, Shane has got some brains (I felt like he didn't when he left the team after the money train incident and tried to go out on his own).

Aceveda can still blow me.
As long as there's no camera phone around, anyway, right?

I think Shane's learned a thing or two from Vic, even if he's not as smart, as evidenced by Vic's stunned face after being handed the envelope.

Vic's supposed to be gone real soon, right? I wonder what will keep him around?

Julian was pretty dang good as a Strike Team member. I thought for sure there'd be something from him when there were all those nekkid dudes in that house but am glad that was bypassed...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.