Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney World Free Dining

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney World Free Dining

Old 05-12-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 315 Likes on 208 Posts
Disney World Free Dining

It's been out a while, but I didn't see it posted here. If you're going to Disney World in Aug/Sep of this year, they have the free dining plan again for people staying in Disney resorts. It's a really good deal--my theme park tickets/hotels/all food came to under $1100 for 2 on a 7 night stay, which rivals a cruise for vacation value, imo. If you fit 4 to a room, it would even be cheaper on a per person basis.

Here's a link to more details: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1411411
Old 05-12-07, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going right before free dining starts. (Aug 21-27) 6 nights at the Contemporary.
Old 05-12-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
I'm going right before free dining starts. (Aug 21-27) 6 nights at the Contemporary.
That sounds awesome--I would love to stay at a monorail resort. We're going the super cheap route though because we went last year and I didn't budget for this (it's an impulse vacation).
Old 05-12-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like someone is bring their posts from the disboard to here. Don't worry I have like 500 post there.
Old 06-07-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OMG--I just got upgraded by Disney to a 1 bedroom villa at Old Key West. I got 8 day park hoppers with water parks for one adult and one child, free dining, and a 1 bedroom villa for around $1200 (the extra is for the H20 park add on) for a 7 night stay. If anyone else here booked a package earlier, check your email for an upgrade offer ASAP! I got a villa because I was one of the first to call (as opposed to a studio, which would still have been pretty nice).

I have a jacuzzi tub in my bedroom now.

Old 06-07-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice! I booked through AAA, so I doubt they will be sending me any upgrade emails. I was kind of hoping to be upgraded when I check in.

Magic Kingdom view.
Old 06-07-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's to getting that great view! I have always thought the Contemporary or Polynesian with a view would be just about the best location in WDW. There are rumors that the next villas will be at the Contemporary, which I think would trump all the other condos if they've got MK views.
Old 06-10-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 226 Likes on 132 Posts
When I was a kid we used to stay at Polynesian, before they added all the new buildings. Used to have a great view of the fireworks every night from our room.
Old 06-10-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tasha99
OMG--I just got upgraded by Disney to a 1 bedroom villa at Old Key West. I got 8 day park hoppers with water parks for one adult and one child, free dining, and a 1 bedroom villa for around $1200 (the extra is for the H20 park add on) for a 7 night stay. If anyone else here booked a package earlier, check your email for an upgrade offer ASAP! I got a villa because I was one of the first to call (as opposed to a studio, which would still have been pretty nice).

I have a jacuzzi tub in my bedroom now.

Of course Old Key West is a DVC resort and not a regular hotel.
Old 06-11-07, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been out a while, but I didn't see it posted here. If you're going to Disney World in Aug/Sep of this year, they have the free dining plan again for people staying in Disney resorts. It's a really good deal--my theme park tickets/hotels/all food came to under $1100 for 2 on a 7 night stay, which rivals a cruise for vacation value, imo. If you fit 4 to a room, it would even be cheaper on a per person basis.

Here's a link to more details: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1411411
May I ask, which hotel + choices did you choose? I'd love that deal, but I can't get a quote that low on their site. Do I need a coupon or something? Thanks for the tips. Four people for that price would be perfect.
Old 06-11-07, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the upgrade offer was emailed to people who have already booked. I don't think you can sign up for it now.
Old 06-11-07, 01:35 AM

Received 499 Likes on 360 Posts
Our entire family's going for 2 weeks in late-January 2008. We have 3 rooms booked at Shades Of Green (Disney World's Military hotel across the street from the Polynesian). I'm hoping that when the annual passport discounts come out, we can switch over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's too bad we'll be missing the free dining plan.

For those of you that don't know, check out MouseSavers for all the latest Disney discounts, coupons and codes.

http://www.mousesavers.com/
Old 06-11-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
I missed the deal, I called too late. Oh well we are still going to have a blast. We are staying at the All Star Sports, but I am still trying to get rooms at POP, hopefully they will have some open.
I am glad we will not have to worry about meals - we will have to buy breakfast most days but we are not big on breakfast so this is no big deal. And we are going to hit some restuarants we would not other wise, we also have 3 character meals for our son.
Old 06-11-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you booked for free dining, I highly recommend that you make your reservations for your meals. There are very few places that you can walk up to for a table service meal during free dining. We went during free dining last year and saw a lot of people turned away, so much so that they started offering "bonus" options like pins and stuff if you traded your table service for counter service. I don't know if they offered as many rooms for the promotion this year though.
Old 06-11-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Where are you guys dining? My list:

Coral Reef
Tony's Town Square
California Grill
Sci Fi Drive In
'Ohana
Le Cellier
Jiko
Old 06-12-07, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
May I ask, which hotel + choices did you choose? I'd love that deal, but I can't get a quote that low on their site. Do I need a coupon or something? Thanks for the tips. Four people for that price would be perfect.
The difference might be that one of my people is a child (lower ticket rates). Another difference might be that I'm an idiot and there is tax in there or something--cause looking at my receipt they mailed me, it's a little over $1100, not under it. I chose All Star Music (all that was available when I booked) but got upgraded to a DVC 1 BR Villa at Old Key West, making the deal I got pretty darn incredible. (still pinching myself ) I wouldn't book online unless you're able to access the free dining somehow.

My Advance Dining Reservations are:
Crystal Palace
Scifi
Boma
Narcoosee's
Coral Reef (thinking of changing this to Raglan Road)
Marrakesh (thinking of changing this to Jiko and paying for Scifi out of pocket)
Old 06-12-07, 08:23 AM

My Advance Dining Reservations are:
Crystal Palace
Scifi
Boma
Narcoosee's
Coral Reef (thinking of changing this to Raglan Road)
Marrakesh (thinking of changing this to Jiko and paying for Scifi out of pocket)
Definitely change your Coral Reef reservation to Raglan Road. They have about 15-20 domestic/international beers on tap (if you're into that sort of thing), the food is great (though it can be a little pricey for certain items) and they have live Irish folk music (first make sure they have a band the night you want to go because I don't think they play everynight).

IMO, Coral Reef is a place to bring the kids because of the atmosphere, but the food is just average and has a tendency to be overpriced for the portion sizes that are offered.

I would also highly recommend Rainforest Cafe. Food is great and it's liek you're eating in the middle of a jungle, complete with animatronic animals and jungle noises. It's pretty cool if you've never been.

I'm so glad I'm marrying a girl whose parents own a Disney time-share and are more than willing to let us use points whenever we want.
Old 06-13-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jpoppe
Definitely change your Coral Reef reservation to Raglan Road. They have about 15-20 domestic/international beers on tap (if you're into that sort of thing), the food is great (though it can be a little pricey for certain items) and they have live Irish folk music (first make sure they have a band the night you want to go because I don't think they play everynight).

IMO, Coral Reef is a place to bring the kids because of the atmosphere, but the food is just average and has a tendency to be overpriced for the portion sizes that are offered.

I would also highly recommend Rainforest Cafe. Food is great and it's liek you're eating in the middle of a jungle, complete with animatronic animals and jungle noises. It's pretty cool if you've never been.

I'm so glad I'm marrying a girl whose parents own a Disney time-share and are more than willing to let us use points whenever we want.
Wow--I'm jealous! I know timeshares aren't the best thing to buy, but if I could afford it, I certainly would. Hey, at least it's not a $200 trash can or statue of a golfer.

I changed my dining reservations to:

Raglan Road
Boma
Scifi
Narcoosee
Jiko

I also wanted to go offsite to Rangetsu one night. Anyone been there? Any idea what cab fare from Old Key West would be?