Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount - 'Cancelling' items / discontinued items

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-07, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the store with DeepDiscount's service these days ???

In April 07, I placed an order which contained a Universal Twin Pack of MIAMI VICE UNRATED/INSIDE MAN.

Several weeks after placing this order - it would appear that this 'twin' pack was OOP or discontinued.

Last week I received an email from DD stating that it would be about 1 week before they got stock in.

Then - another email arrived a few days later :
Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

I then noticed on my order the following :

You have requested this item be cancelled. The request
is pending, please check back soon for an updated status
This was not requested by me.

A follow-up from DD states that the ordered item will not progress because it is :
We are sorry, our records indicate that your order for the DVD : MIAMI VICE/INSIDE MAN was not processed
as the item is discontinued and no longer available with us. However, in some cases they may be reissued
at a later date. If the item is reissued you will find it on our site at that time.

HEY DD - this TWIN PACK might be 'discontinued' BUT you have these 2 ITEMS AVAILABLE ON your UNIVERSAL $10.48 SALE. (Must question why Universal put these twin packs out only to discountinue them so quickly !!)

WHY CAN'T THEY FULFILL THESE TWO TITLES FROM THIS 'SALE' STOCK ??? Its not like these 2 titles AREN'T available !!!!!

DD customer service has been poor of late. I placed an order with a February Universal sale - only to have 3 items from my order 'disappear' from the confirmation email - and YET are still viewable within the Order on the DD website ("we can't see them")

Sure - i could go ahead and PLACE ANOTHER ORDER for these titles - which I will now end up doing yet again - BUT GEEESHHH DEEPDISCOUNT - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !!!! DON'T LEAVE YOUR CUSTOMERS OUT IN THE COLD !!!
Old 05-12-07, 05:36 AM
Banned

I left DDD quite some time ago and never looked back...IMO they are the worst internet company to deal with and their prices are not cheap at all....
Old 05-12-07, 09:29 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
. . . their prices are not cheap at all....
Please offer some names of the stores you do consider superior in their pricing for DVD's and CD's.
Old 05-12-07, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by JAA
Please offer some names of the stores you do consider superior in their pricing for DVD's and CD's.
I went back to Amazon. The dvds I have been ordering, especially new releases, are cheaper there.
Old 05-14-07, 08:15 AM
Banned

New release dvds....Walmart sells the cheapest....Amazon is the best for delivery, I want it fast I get it fast...DDD with their free shipping you grow old waiting for it...I have been DDD free for over a year now and I don't miss them one bit....
Old 05-14-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazon is best for new releases, and many old dvd's as well.
Old 05-14-07, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
New release dvds....Walmart sells the cheapest....
Depends where you live. My Walmart has no competition so all new releases are $19.xx.
Old 05-14-07, 11:14 AM
Suspended

it depends on the title, but i was surprised how much stuff is at times cheaper on Amazon. The Amazon prices seem to be more fleeting though. DD prices seem to be more consistent in their cheapness though.

however, Amazon has done similar things with my orders re: screwing them up and then not communicating clearly w/me about it.

if OP hasn't called DD to discuss with a live person i would suggest that. if you are super nice to them and try to work it out, maybe they'll send you those two individual titles for that price?

they have always been helpful to me, when emails seemed to either not make sense or were wrong

either way, sorry to hear of that problem. sux.