Reload this Page >

Full Metal Jacket Collector's Ed version help

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 05-11-07, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick question:

I recently purchased a Full Metal Jacket Collector's Set (Creativer Design Art) from a reputable seller. It appeared to be factory sealed, but when opened, was missing the CD soundtrack. I have seen other sets for ssale where this is the case, but when I review the set contents on Amazon, it shows the CD soundtrack included.

I did a search but couldnt find a definite answer.

Can someone let me know what the deal is with this set? Was it rereleased at some point without the soundtrack? Is it legit?

I am hoping I wasnt unintentionally sold a bootleg set.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-07, 03:08 AM

I can tell you mine has 2 discs, the 1st one is on the left when you open the box & its the movie. Behind all the papers & film cell is the second disc which is indeed the soundtrack cd.
Old 05-12-07, 04:51 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
In later printings creative design art , the products manufacturer, cut the price of the item and replaced the cd soundtrack with a cdrom. Your product is legitimate if it has a cd rom in the place of the cd soundtrack. It was a move on cda's part to lower the price to sell more product. The picture on amazon is of the set before the manufacturer dropped the msrp price when it removed the cd soundtrack. Your seller should have noted the cd soundtrack not being in the set in their description.

Last edited by g; 05-12-07 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-12-07, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by g
In later printings creative design art , the products manufacturer, cut the price of the item and replaced the cd soundtrack with a cdrom. Your product is legitimate if it has a cd rom in the place of the cd soundtrack. It was a move on cda's part to lower the price to sell more product. The picture on amazon is of the set before the manufacturer dropped the msrp price when it removed the cd soundtrack. Your seller should have noted the cd soundtrack not being in the set in their description.

I can vouch for this. When I bought the Full Metal Jacket and Clockwork Orange set in 2005 from HitMeNow.com, I received them without the soundtrack, but had the cd-rom in it's place. It also didn't come with a voucher to get the movie posters (I was kinda pissed about that). They were both factory sealed as well.
Old 05-12-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got the set with the CD-rom too.