Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dirty Dancing 20th Anniversary Edition - DTS-ES track broken?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the DD 20th Anniversary Edition yesterday specifically for the DTS-ES 6.1 audio track. I select it from the Setup menu and play the movie. My receiver then can't decide if it wants to play the DTS-ES Discrete or DTS-ES Matrix. It switches back and forth twice per second for infinity and doesn't stop or ever play the DTS-ES track.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-11-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Had that problem with a disc of another title. I know what you mean, it's completely annoying.

I imagine it's the disc itself. If you return for replacement, you should be OK.
Old 05-11-07, 09:57 AM

How is the video transfer? I've been unable to locate any reviews of this disc in comparison with the "Ultimate Edition"
Old 05-11-07, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by lberkoski
How is the video transfer? I've been unable to locate any reviews of this disc in comparison with the "Ultimate Edition"
I'm probably not the best person to give a review of the video quality. I'm watching it on a almost 15 year old 4:3 RCA 60" TV via S-Video. For what it's worth though it looks pretty clean. I really wanted to hear the DTS-ES to see how they pulled that off even though there's not much reason for it in DD. I'm a 6.1 addict. heh...
Old 05-11-07, 05:28 PM

Well I just got back from Best Buy exchanging it for another copy. Same problem. Locks up on my receiver saying DTS-ES Discrete with no sound. Changing the audio on the remote to DD 5.1 EX does nothing. Oh well....
Old 07-30-07, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by lberkoski
I would like to know that too. If the new transfer is much better than the old, i would like to buy it.