Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Anyone seen this Baby Vs. Cobra video?

Ronnie Dobbs
05-11-07, 07:28 AM
Its becoming the new hot viral on youtube. I think its fucked up though.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEIr_LAm2xc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nEIr_LAm2xc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Slayer2005
05-11-07, 07:35 AM
That's messed up that they defanged a cobra for stunts like this.

Rockmjd23
05-11-07, 07:39 AM
It looks like they also sewed the cobra's mouth shut. It's all fun and games until the child comes across a wild cobra and thinks he can play with it. :lol:

DeputyDave
05-11-07, 07:40 AM
That's messed up that they defanged a cobra for stunts like this.Yeah, but it's still crazy.

BTW (and no offense to the OP) am I the only one who is getting tired of the media's over saturation of the term "viral"?

PixyJunket
05-11-07, 07:45 AM
BTW (and no offense to the OP) am I the only one who is getting tired of the media's over saturation of the term "viral"?Viral = people that do nothing but check their MySpace page forty times a day and click every link somebody sends them?

Ronnie Dobbs
05-11-07, 07:53 AM
Viral = people that do nothing but check their MySpace page forty times a day and click every link somebody sends them?

Apparently those "viral" people are worth a quarter of a billion dollars to advertisers.

Charlie Goose
05-11-07, 07:56 AM
Next up:

Puppy vs. Fire Ants

achau9598
05-11-07, 08:00 AM
that is horrendous! how can someone put that child in that situation? and you can hear them laughing as the cobra strikes each time.

Iron Chef
05-11-07, 08:02 AM
I wonder if the kid was breast fed

DeputyDave
05-11-07, 08:05 AM
that is horrendous! how can someone put that child in that situation? and you can hear them laughing as the cobra strikes each time.I'm gonna bet that the laughing parents were Vegans.

Shagrath
05-11-07, 08:10 AM
That's completely messed up! Those people should be shot for animal cruelty, as it is definately apparent that the snake's mouth is sewn closed and its fangs have probably been removed as well. They should also be sterilized for putting their child in this stupid situation and laughing about it.

Idiots.

yojimbo44
05-11-07, 08:20 AM
sweet jebus - what is the world coming to? this is funny? this is entertainment? it would be interesting to see how many hits this gets on youtube - and parents should be charged for crap like this.

as an aside, in a fair fight, i've got $50 on cobra.

Michael Corvin
05-11-07, 08:25 AM
That is fucked up. Couldn't the snake still wrap itself around the baby's throat? What is wrong with people?

Save Ferris
05-11-07, 09:05 AM
I was raised by wolves.

It wasnt videotaped but I wrassled a western diamondback when I was 2, the den was in danger.

Minor Threat
05-11-07, 09:13 AM
That's one pissed off snake.....

VinVega
05-11-07, 09:16 AM
That's completely messed up! Those people should be shot for animal cruelty, as it is definately apparent that the snake's mouth is sewn closed and its fangs have probably been removed as well. They should also be sterilized for putting their child in this stupid situation and laughing about it.

Idiots.
Yes, this looks like the height of stupidity.

Quake1028
05-11-07, 09:22 AM
Fucking morons. Baby will probably be scarred for life if they remember this, and they basically destroyed a beautiful snake.

PixyJunket
05-11-07, 09:30 AM
Yes, this looks like the height of stupidity.Gee, I wonder why it's the "hot new" viral, then. Wait, never mind. :lol:

Kittydreamer
05-11-07, 09:58 AM
What is wrong with people? Seriously, that is way over fucked up.

kvrdave
05-11-07, 10:09 AM
We need to understand their culture. Unless, of course, they eat meat or do something with animals we disapprove of. -wink-

cultshock
05-11-07, 10:51 AM
and they basically destroyed a beautiful snake.

Unfortunately, maiming cobras like that is a very common practice with snake charmers. It's not like those guys actually have any talent or magic ability that prevented them from being bitten over all the years.

grrrah
05-11-07, 10:55 AM
We need to understand their culture.

I agree.

Rockmjd23
05-11-07, 10:56 AM
He must have been. That's where the immunity against cobra venom came from.

Morf
05-11-07, 11:00 AM
It's a good thing they used a training cobra - that kid was slow as fuck!

woofman
05-11-07, 11:24 AM
Wow, one of the most disturbing videos ever. Apparently they don't believe in KARMA! :why: -ohbfrank-

Numanoid
05-11-07, 11:35 AM
That's completely messed up! Those people should be shot for animal cruelty, as it is definately apparent that the snake's mouth is sewn closed and its fangs have probably been removed as well. Yeah. Good thing we don't physically alter animals in this country for our own convenience!

Numanoid
05-11-07, 11:36 AM
What I want to know is, did the parents of that kid get dressing tips from Donald Duck and Porky Pig?

jfoobar
05-11-07, 12:07 PM
Yeah. Good thing we don't physically alter animals in this country for our own convenience!

Heh, nice.

Obey The D
05-11-07, 01:10 PM
Yeah. Good thing we don't physically alter animals in this country for our own convenience!

Tell me about it.

If someone told me, "Look Dave, you've got two options: 1) We extract your teeth and sew your mouth shut."

Me:"Fuck that...what's the second option?"

Person: "We cut you balls off."

Me: [Two seconds after hearing second option] "I think I'm going to go with number 1."

Rockmjd23
05-11-07, 01:11 PM
You mean like the pillow angel?

woofman
05-11-07, 01:22 PM
After getting over the initial shock of that video it makes me want to ponder the moral issues and differences in social customs and rituals. God knows Americans have customs others probably find revolting, this one sure makes you think about our different perspectives.

Bandoman
05-11-07, 01:31 PM
Tell me about it.

If someone told me, "Look Dave, you've got two options: 1) We extract your teeth and sew your mouth shut."

Me:"Fuck that...what's the second option?"

Person: "We cut you balls off."

Me: [Two seconds after hearing second option] "I think I'm going to go with number 1."

Are you seriously equating spaying/neutering a dog or cat with what was done to this snake?

Obey The D
05-11-07, 01:35 PM
Are you seriously equating spaying/neutering a dog or cat with what was done to this snake?

I guess I should have added a wink after my "tell me about it" comment.

Brent L

In this case, I'm sure the child is still being breast fed. -ohbfrank-

Kudama
You mean like the pillow angel?
Classic.

Obey The D
05-11-07, 01:39 PM
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. I heard the parents did this so they could collect enough money to buy the kid a pair of pants. Seems like something only a caring parent would do.

;)

Bandoman
05-11-07, 01:41 PM
I guess I should have added a wink after my "tell me about it" comment.

Sorry, my joke-o-meter must be off this afternoon.

Numanoid
05-11-07, 01:42 PM
After getting over the initial shock of that video it makes me want to ponder the moral issues and differences in social customs and rituals. God knows Americans have customs others probably find revolting, this one sure makes you think about our different perspectives.Ever heard of cock-fighting, dog-fighting, bear-baiting, frog-jumping, greased-pig-chasing, not to mention what's done to the animals we raise for food? Are you going to condemn an entire culture based on what one family with a video camera is doing? Do you think there aren't videos out there of Americans torturing animals for their own entertainment?

Disc Jockey
05-11-07, 02:35 PM
Numanioid, don't forget the rodeos.

Numanoid
05-11-07, 02:39 PM
Oh shit yeah, rodeos!

Crocker Jarmen
05-11-07, 03:03 PM
That is fucked up. Couldn't the snake still wrap itself around the baby's throat? What is wrong with people?

Watch till the end, that's exactly what happens. I wish the video had not cut off there so I could know that they were infact able to pull the snake off the baby.

Trelach24
05-11-07, 03:23 PM
Why does anyone care about this? OH NO! The baby is playing with a completely harmless cobra!!! Call child services! Please.

And let's not believe that this family went out and defanged and/or sewed this cobra's mouth shut just so they could shoot this video.

Tracer Bullet
05-11-07, 03:30 PM
Why does anyone care about this? OH NO! The baby is playing with a completely harmless cobra!!! Call child services! Please.

You're kidding, right? I mean, I hate kids probably more than anyone else on this forum, and I think this is absolutely fucked up.

Shazam
05-11-07, 03:48 PM
Ever heard of cock-fighting, dog-fighting, bear-baiting, frog-jumping, greased-pig-chasing, not to mention what's done to the animals we raise for food? Are you going to condemn an entire culture based on what one family with a video camera is doing? Do you think there aren't videos out there of Americans torturing animals for their own entertainment?Whoa dude, we gotta keep cock-fighting. I want chicks fighting to get my cock.

Rockmjd23
05-11-07, 03:50 PM
And let's not believe that this family went out and defanged and/or sewed this cobra's mouth shut just so they could shoot this video.
Who cares why they did it? It's a death sentence for the cobra.

Numanoid
05-11-07, 04:00 PM
You realize that snakes are like rats in that part of the world, right? Why don't you people take your indignation out on someone who deserves it, like this guy: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=500253 :lol:

Altimus Prime
05-11-07, 06:17 PM
OK, calm down everybody. Remember, we should celebrate diversity. We have to respect their culture. We have to...

... ah, fuck it. They're all fucked in the head. That is among the stupidest, lamest shit I have ever seen someone pull. And on top of it all, to video tape it and put it on the Internet. They're fucking morons, but they're fucking morons with 'net access.

We'll never advance as a species to the levels sci fi likes to depict us at so long as so much of us are barely evolved above pond scum.

And I thought I had - most animals, including their babies - would have enough sense to not go near a snake like that, or would respond to its posturing. What does a clueless human baby do? Oh, gets closer, grabs it.

7Keys
05-11-07, 07:59 PM
You're kidding, right? I mean, I hate kids probably more than anyone else on this forum, and I think this is absolutely fucked up.

:lol: Please tell me you're not a parent.

But, I don't care if it is fangless and the mouth is sewn shut. It's still very disturbing and anybody there that let that happened should be tied up and thrown in a pit of cobras with fangs and w/o their mouth sewn shut.

On the other hand, that baby showed no fear.

cultshock
05-11-07, 09:47 PM
I don't think this represents any kind of "culture difference" at all. It probably has nothing at all to do with any kind of different culture's customs, but just an isolated case of really stupid parents, doing something incredibly dumb with their kids. Kinda like really dumb parents you hear about in the news almost every friggin' day in this country too. Witnessing events that make you realize some people should be banned from having children is universal, and spans across countries and cultures. :lol:

Tracer Bullet
05-11-07, 09:51 PM
:lol: Please tell me you're not a parent.

Did you miss the part where I said I hate kids? ;)

ChiTownAbs, Inc
05-11-07, 09:58 PM
Did you miss the part where I said I hate kids? ;)

Does not imply you are not a parent.

Brent L
05-11-07, 10:29 PM
To me, the worst part of this is that the snake could've poked out the kid's eyes had it hit just perfectly.

I think it's more than fair to say that this isn't the first time the baby has been in this position.

mllefoo
05-11-07, 11:33 PM
that is horrendous! how can someone put that child in that situation? and you can hear them laughing as the cobra strikes each time.
The snake is obviously defanged, or they wouldn't be laughing like that.

Either that, or the parents are practicing eugenics.

DVD Polizei
05-11-07, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I'll have the Baby Masala with some Pakoras, please.

mllefoo
05-11-07, 11:37 PM
Watch till the end, that's exactly what happens. I wish the video had not cut off there so I could know that they were infact able to pull the snake off the baby.
Cobras are not constrictors. The tail whipped around out of instinct, but I doubt a cobra could squeeze all that hard.

The venomous snakes generally don't need to expend any real energy, apart from injecting venom, to capture prety.

On the other hand, an anaconda could constrict and kill the kid in two seconds.

DVD Polizei
05-11-07, 11:44 PM
Maybe the cobra gummed the baby to death.

JMG
05-12-07, 12:11 AM
:eek: Poor little mowgli. -ohbfrank-

woofman
05-12-07, 08:34 AM
Ever heard of cock-fighting, dog-fighting, bear-baiting, frog-jumping, greased-pig-chasing, not to mention what's done to the animals we raise for food? Are you going to condemn an entire culture based on what one family with a video camera is doing? Do you think there aren't videos out there of Americans torturing animals for their own entertainment?

Not so much, merely pondering the moral acceptance and dynamics between cultures based on rituals (regardless of how widely accepted-or legal they are) that we see and hear about.

DVD Polizei
05-12-07, 10:28 AM
Gives me ideas if I have to punish my future 2-year old.

Little DVD P: "Mommadadda!"

DVD P: "What? You givin' daddy backtalk?"

Little DVD P: "Bagga! Wagggadadda! Boogoodoodoo!"

DVD P: "Ok, fine. In the crib with a dozen toothless cobras!"

The Bus
05-12-07, 11:36 AM
Wait, this cobra is defanged?!?

That baby's a pussy.

nazz
05-12-07, 12:15 PM
To me, the worst part of this is that the snake could've poked out the kid's eyes had it hit just perfectly.

http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/archives/images/a%20christmas%20story.jpg

DVD Polizei
05-12-07, 12:25 PM
Wait, this cobra is defanged?!?

That baby's a pussy.

I was thinking retarded.

Hiro11
05-12-07, 08:39 PM
I like the mildly puzzled look on the baby's face when the cobra strikes.