Lost -- "the Man Behind the Curtain" -- 05.09.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"the Man Behind the Curtain"

Ben begrudgingly begins to introduce Locke to the secrets of the island, beginning with the mysterious Jacob. Meanwhile, Juliet's secret goes public.
Old 05-08-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 05-08-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some info for tonight ...

Director: Bobby Roth
Written By: Elizabeth Sarnoff, Drew Goddard
Original Air Date: May 9th, 2007

A Ben-centric episode.

ABC Synopsis:
Spoiler:
"Ben unwillingly divulges information to Locke about the island, taking him on a journey to various locations including strange monuments and the mysterious Jacob. Back at the beach, Juliet's secret is revealed. Flashbacks will show us the origins of DHARMA and the history of the island, including 'the purge'."

Guest Cast:
Spoiler:
Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert), Marsha Thomason (Naomi), Tania Raymonde (Alex), Mira Furlan (Danielle Rousseau), Francois Chau (Dr. Marvin Candle), Madeline Carroll (Annie), Samantha Mathis (Olivia), Doug Hutchison (Horace), Carrie Preston (Emily), Jon Gries (Roger Linus), Sterling Beaumon (Young Ben), Andrew Divoff (Mikhail), M.C. Gainey (Tom)

Last edited by hardercore; 05-09-07 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-08-07, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Can't wait!
Or...as JasonF said in this week's Heroes thread.

Old 05-08-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City

m * 9.8 m/s^2
Old 05-09-07, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2-minute Preview

Spoiler:
From that clip, it looks supiciously like Jacob is an alter-ego of Ben's

Last edited by hardercore; 05-09-07 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-09-07, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Can't wait!
Beat me to it....REALLY can't wait for tonight!
Old 05-09-07, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really looking forward to this episode. The season has gotten better with each new episode that passes.
Old 05-09-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
ABC Synopsis:
Spoiler:
"Ben unwillingly divulges information to Locke about the island, taking him on a journey to various locations including strange monuments and the mysterious Jacob. Back at the beach, Juliet's secret is revealed. Flashbacks will show us the origins of DHARMA and the history of the island, including 'the purge'."
I REALLY REALLY hope the ep lives up to the expectations laid out in that synopsis. WOW!
Old 05-09-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It will be very hard to stay away from this thread until I'm able to watch this episoded tivo'ed on Thurday evening.
Old 05-09-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Your spoilers. Nothing too revealing here, in fact, I would say that this episode has been locked down pretty tight so very little of substance has come out.

Spoiler:

Episode 3.20: The Man Behind the Curtain (Ben-centric)
Airdate: May 9, 2007

* 05/04 - We will learn more about Jacob next week. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 04/25 -
Spoiler:
François Chau, who plays Dr. Marvin Candle, revealed in interview: "Yes, Marvin Candle is on the island [in episode 20]. Without giving too much away, I can only say that I have yet to have the chance to work with some of the other characters." Source: BuddyTV

* 04/23 - Ben begrudgingly begins to introduce Locke to the secrets of the island, beginning with the mysterious Jacob. Meanwhile, Juliet's secret goes public. Guest starring are M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, Sterling Beaumon as young Ben, Jon Gries as Roger Linus, Carrie Preston as Emily, Doug Hutchison as Horace, Samantha Mathis as Olivia and Madeline Carroll as Annie. Source: ABC
* 04/23 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: Ben has been in love. We will get a "sense" of it in 2 weeks. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 04/17 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: We will see Dharma before the purge and we might see how they repelled the smoke monster with the sonic fence. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 04/17 - I hear we're going to meet Ben's mommy and daddy. We will get much more info about Ben's origins and the origins of the island. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 04/16 -
Spoiler:
Someone you wouldn't expect to see wearing a Dharma suit will appear in episode 20. There will be a big, epic, shocking scene. We will see more Dharma vans. Roger wasn't the only workman. Source: Lost Spoilers

* 04/06 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: More info on the DeDroots soon. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 03/27 - It looks like you'll get more action on Hurley's... van. Producers are currently casting for a "Roger," a working-class janitor in his early forties who is bitter about his place in life but has higher aspirations. The notice says of the character, "He has troubled and complex relationship with his son; he finds himself caught up in a mysterious situation beyond his imaginings; and the actor must not be claustrophobic." Pretty sure this is the skeleton — "Roger Work Man"—from Hurley's episode. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 03/27 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: We'll see the Dharma van again, it will have a flashback of sorts and see how it came to be in the jungle. We will also see another Volkswagen product on the island. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 03/23 - Looks like episode #320 is 'hippie-centric' with a flashback to the '70's. Features Horace, a scientist/mathematician and Olivia an attractive elementary school teacher. Both embody a 'hippie' idealism. Olivia may show up later in other episodes. Source: secretagentman @ TWoP
Old 05-09-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Guest Starring -
Spoiler:
Samantha Mathis!
Spoiler:
I had such a crush on her when I was younger due to Pump Up the Volume and Super Mario Bros.

I hope she lives up to my adolescent memory.
Old 05-09-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Supposedly two words will be uttered that changes Locke's direction on the island forever. I wonder what those might be? I have an idea what it could be.
Old 05-09-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Supposedly two words will be uttered that changes Locke's direction on the island forever. I wonder what those might be? I have an idea what it could be.
Spoiler:
Zombie Dad
Old 05-09-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Some Dvdtalkers getting ready to watch lost:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MTczMTA0"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MTczMTA0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Fans of Lost - Brought to you by Break.com Video Search
Old 05-09-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt?
Old 05-09-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Spoiler:
Zombie Dad
No, this is what I think that Ben says to Locke in regards to who "Jacob" is:

Spoiler:
You are.
Old 05-09-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
You are.
That's what I was thinking too.
Old 05-09-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Spoiler:
You are.
I don't get how that would make any sense. Care to elaborate your theorem?
Old 05-09-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt?
Try John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt and see how that sounds.
Old 05-09-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
It's not mine, but since we both had the same thought, I'll respond:

Spoiler:
Jacob is their "savior" who has not yet returned to his flock (the Others). They follow his teachings and wait for his return to usher in a new era. This jives with John's reception at Other's camp. They thought it was their savior returning to them.

Also, think about the Jesus parallel. Before finding himself, he had to spend time in the desert tempted by Satan. He had to pass the test before taking the next step. Same with John and his father.
Old 05-09-07, 10:58 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-09-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
I guess we will find out (although maybe not this season). I'm sure he will too be thinking about how this makes sense and why his journey changes completely. I have heard that time travel has been verified, although some other people deny it, which could make this plausible.
Old 05-09-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I've been waiting for this episode since I saw the title listed a month or so ago. Can't wait!!
Old 05-09-07, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's not mine, but since we both had the same thought, I'll respond:

Spoiler:
Jacob is their "savior" who has not yet returned to his flock (the Others). They follow his teachings and wait for his return to usher in a new era. This jives with John's reception at Other's camp. They thought it was their savior returning to them.

Also, think about the Jesus parallel. Before finding himself, he had to spend time in the desert tempted by Satan. He had to pass the test before taking the next step. Same with John and his father.
I think this is a possibility as well. I don't think we will get the whole picture until somewhere down the road possible by next season or season five. I still think that the Others are remnants of the Dharma team that once was after they brought them down and "purged" out the "bad" people. The Others are now trying to "repair" what Dharma has done and ultimately save mankind. The same way that the Christian world was made to believe that Jesus is their saviour and was sent by God to save mankind. The character of Jacob , whoever it is, is seen as this same type of person.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.