Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield - "Chasing Ghosts" - 5/8/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shield - "Chasing Ghosts" - 5/8/07

Vic made a great power play to keep his job.

I can't believe that Shane left that meet alive. I have a feeling that Ronnie will end up being the one that does the deed, though.

Who's going down when Dutch blows up?
Old 05-08-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Dutch looking through the window at Wyatt as he was talking with Tina and Danny was good.

Good show. I thought Vic would find out about Lem next week. Nice surprise.

Good that Cassidy learned the truth and met Lee. Awkward but at least it's over with.
Old 05-08-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I liked the prison scene a lot. I am not the biggest fan of Anthony Anderson but he is great on the show.
Old 05-08-07, 10:46 PM

Cassidy is just a character, not a real person.

This is the best season of The Shield ever so far. Chiklas deserves Emmy consideration again, he is killin' it. However, I still wish everything blowed together a little better. Like the episode in the beginning of the season where Ronnie was working with Dutch and showing he's a bad@ss, what was up with that? It was great, but I figured they were going somewhere with this. And Shane has been really inconsistent this season going from not wanting to find out about Lem, to being guilty to the point of suicidal because of Lem to completely moving past it.

If they kill off Shane this season, what's the major plotline for Season 7? They clearly could would have to come back to something else from the series.
Old 05-08-07, 10:47 PM

Not a big fan of Anthony Anderson??? If I didn't know better, I'd say you're trashtalking Hang Time!
Old 05-08-07, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Whats going to happen is that Shane will be building a case against Vic and Ron...

Vic and Ron will try to kill him and Mara to protect themselves...

And realize that they are trying to do what Shane DID to Lem
Old 05-08-07, 10:50 PM

You might be right. I think it would be cooler if they had kind of an under-the-surface war for a while.
Old 05-08-07, 11:02 PM
Banned

I'm on Shane's side.
Vic is a tool for not understanding Shane.
Old 05-08-07, 11:05 PM

You guys really see tv characters as real people, eh?
Old 05-08-07, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by harrydoyle
WHat the fuck does this even mean?

How would you like me to discuss a TV show on a message board?

"I think that the caracter of Shane, (as played by Walton Goggins and created by Sean Ryan) will try to sell out Vic (as played by Michael Chicklis and created by Sean Ryan)....."
Old 05-08-07, 11:23 PM

If Shane is going to try and build a case against Vic and Ron, I wonder if we'll see the money train brought up again. Can't get much bigger than that. Maybe Shane will tip off the Armenians about what happened to their money.
Old 05-08-07, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Am I the only one wondering... What the hell happened to Tigre?!?!?!
Old 05-09-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 725 Likes on 530 Posts
Another strong episode. Surprised and very pleased that this was directed by Darabont. Love that they've painted Shane in such a way that he's now come to terms with killing Lem and his beliefs and rationalizations have put him over the top. Vic going thru so many different emotions in this episode should really give Chiklis the Emmy.
Old 05-09-07, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have to say, while I thought this ep was good, and the confrontation between Vic and Shane to be good as well, it still wasn't what I thought it would be.

I think I also have a problem with how everything seemed to unravel. So...Vic finds out from the undercover cop in the last ep that Guordo didn't kill Lem. Now in this ep, Shane pretty much is telling Vic to lay off, that there isn't anything more to find. And just because he says this...Vic starts considering that Shane could have killed Lem.

I expected Vic to come across some huge evidence that would tip him off. Or someone tells him something, and that puts a bug in his ear, and he starts unravelling the mystery until Shane cracked. But, it just appeared to me that Shane's attitude in the Barn prompted Vic to go..."Hmmm...what was Shane doing the night Lem was killed?" I know he came across the Kavanaugh confession...but that was already after he had first considered the possibility that Shane may have murdered Lem.
Old 05-09-07, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
WHat the fuck does this even mean?

How would you like me to discuss a TV show on a message board?

"I think that the caracter of Shane, (as played by Walton Goggins and created by Sean Ryan) will try to sell out Vic (as played by Michael Chicklis and created by Sean Ryan)....."
LOL, seriously, especially after he himself referenced Shane, Dutch, Ronnie, and Lem in his own post (and misspelled Chiklis).
Old 05-09-07, 01:22 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Solid episode.

I liked the little turn to the dark side we saw from Julian his week, when he blocked the door when Vic was going up the junkie soccer moms skirt.

I think Dutch shooting Billings is more likely at this point than Shane getting capped
Old 05-09-07, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by harrydoyle
Wait wait - you mean this isn't a reality show about dirty cops?
Then what's with the shaky hand-held camera?
Old 05-09-07, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
What really gave Shane away to Vic was that he didn't seem to care about finding Lem's killer anymore, even after finding out Guardo didn't do it. Compound that with his recent erratic behavior just coming to a complete stop and then Kavanaugh's final report which basically spelled out that Shane lied to Vic and Ronnie about being tailed.

As for Shane, he seems to be over it and able to confront Vic because of his confession to Mara. She has been his downside since he met her.
Old 05-09-07, 07:10 AM

"LOL, seriously, especially after he himself referenced Shane, Dutch, Ronnie, and Lem in his own post (and misspelled Chiklis)."

Yes, throwing the old spelling error in the face is always fun, I'd be lying if I said I've never partaken. Kudos.

Still, there's a difference between discussing the characters actions and saying "I'm on Shane's side," or "Good that Cassidy learned the truth and met Lee. Awkward but at least it's over with."
Old 05-09-07, 07:13 AM

Although going back to my original post, it does read like I just ingested a Brett Favre late night snack. So mocking wholeheartedly deserved.
Old 05-09-07, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
The only two people who know the truth about Terry are Vic and Cletus correct? I wonder if that will come up.
Old 05-09-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Solid episode.

I liked the little turn to the dark side we saw from Julian his week...
I can't believe you said that.

Anyway, Shane's parting point to Vic was a good one: "G** D*** hypocrite."

Vic better be careful how he plays this, because Shane does have everything on him, and visa versa, which should make for some pretty compelling TV...
Old 05-09-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDaddy
The only two people who know the truth about Terry are Vic and Cletus correct? I wonder if that will come up.
It's pretty much the bloodline story for the entire show so I expect it to be around till the last episode of season 7. As for who knows the truth, I'd say the entire barn has their suspects of Vic doing it. He was investigated by Aceveda and IAD twice over the same thing. Only witnesses who saw it were Vic and Shane however.

IMO a few of the major Strike Team storylines are going to come back before the show is over.
Old 05-09-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wm lopez
I'm on Shane's side.
Vic is a tool for not understanding Shane.
Shane made an impulse decision on half-assed information given to him from someone that has never played straight with the team. That's far from what Vic would have done.

That's what Shane's problem has always been over the years - he desperately wants to be just like Vic, but he's not smart enough or tough enough to be able to pull it off, so he fucks everything up.

Consequently, Shane has always been Vic's biggest weakness, as Vic has tried to protect Shane even when it would have been better to just put a bullet in his head.
Old 05-09-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
...Vic was going up the junkie soccer moms skirt.
I didn't think about it like that, but that's a great line!

I was thinking Ron was in the background recording the conversation between Vic and Shane.

It's looking more and more like they are going to have a hard time getting Vic to retire early.

Now who is Goggins and Chiklis everyone keeps mentioning? I don't remember anyone by that name is this episode?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.