Reload this Page >

Dexter's Laboratory?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Dexter's Laboratory?

Old 05-08-07, 09:26 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dexter's Laboratory?

Who do we need to talk to about getting this released? My 5-year old daughter loves this show and got me into it. I was very surprised when I went to buy it that it was not available on DVD.

Thanks,
Rod319
Old 05-08-07, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm always intrigued how people always ask questions pertaining to something brought up in a WB chat less than 24 hours after it occurred. Is it just dumb luck?

Anyways, to answer the OP's question, according to Warner Bros. just last night, there're no plans for Dexter's Lab any time soon.
Old 05-08-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The entire original series was released on DVD many years ago as a contest prize only.
I think there were about ten sets made.
Old 05-08-07, 08:39 PM
Cool New Member

Ignition, Sorry, I looked at the WB Chat before posting...I just missed that part. I was specifically looking at the chat for the information.

There are no toys or DVDs for this series. I wish someone would realise that a treasure this series was.

Rod319
Old 05-08-07, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,391 Likes on 1,021 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
The entire original series was released on DVD many years ago as a contest prize only.
I think there were about ten sets made.

If you're trying to be funny, I'm not laughing. I would pay good money for Dexter's Lab on DVD, did they really do this?
Old 05-08-07, 10:44 PM
Cool New Member

I have seen a complete set on the 'net for sale. It just didn't look legit to me since it wasn't at any reputable site or even on Ebay.

Rod319
Old 05-08-07, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by rod319
Ignition, Sorry, I looked at the WB Chat before posting...I just missed that part. I was specifically looking at the chat for the information.

There are no toys or DVDs for this series. I wish someone would realise that a treasure this series was.

Rod319
No need to apologize... I wasn't attacking you or anything, it just seems like inevitably, whenever WB does a chat, someone asks about something brought up in the chat. It's just weird. It's like some people don't believe what the WB representative said in the chat.
Old 05-09-07, 12:12 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by ignition
I'm always intrigued how people always ask questions pertaining to something brought up in a WB chat less than 24 hours after it occurred. Is it just dumb luck?

Anyways, to answer the OP's question, according to Warner Bros. just last night, there're no plans for Dexter's Lab any time soon.
That's really a shame — Dexter's Lab was such a great show and even won a couple Emmys. It was one of CN's most popular cartoons for a few years, and we've seen Ed, Edd n Eddy sets and all the adult swim shows on DVD. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 05-09-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by milo bloom
If you're trying to be funny, I'm not laughing. I would pay good money for Dexter's Lab on DVD, did they really do this?
Yes.. but it was in 99 (?). I remember trying to get my hands on a set back then but as it with only a contest giveaway, it was pretty futile. The official word from WB on it when asked at the recent chat was "No plans for Dexter's Laboratory at this time, but willing to consider it." Since Powerpuff Girls are coming I'd imagine it's being considered.
Old 05-09-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,391 Likes on 1,021 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Yes.. but it was in 99 (?). I remember trying to get my hands on a set back then but as it with only a contest giveaway, it was pretty futile. The official word from WB on it when asked at the recent chat was "No plans for Dexter's Laboratory at this time, but willing to consider it." Since Powerpuff Girls are coming I'd imagine it's being considered.

Damn. And I used to swear by Cartoon Network years ago, now we only watch it for Adult Swim, (and lately they've put Courage the Cowardly Dog back in rotation). Dexter's, PPG, Courage, Cow and Chicken are all must buy's for me.
Old 05-09-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can add me to the list that would definitely buy Dexter's Laboratory. Great show.
Old 10-09-10, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Re: Dexter's Laboratory?

Season 1 is being released this Tuesday:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dexters...Season-1/13993
Old 10-10-10, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Dexter's Laboratory?

My Sam's Club already has it out on the shelf. I think it was around $19