Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Jericho: is it a good show?

firteen88
05-02-07, 03:04 PM
I know nothing about this show but see alot of poeple talking about it in these forums. Is it worth seeing (I watch lost/heroes/24/prison break/house). What season is it in? Is season 1 on DVD yet?

Thanks,

Noonan
05-02-07, 03:06 PM
I watched it when it started but lost interest after 5-6 episodes. Partially because I was expecting it to get canceled. From what I remember, it's not a bad show but there were a lot of better shows that started this past fall which didn't make it.

Mopower
05-02-07, 03:06 PM
It's the 2nd half of the first season and no it isn't a good show. It's entertaining in parts. Some episodes are better than others. But if you want to watch a WWIII show that centers on people cheating on each other and trying to one up a rival town then by all means go for it.

Groucho
05-02-07, 03:12 PM
It's a good show. It used to be a bad show, the first half of the season...but in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

firteen88
05-02-07, 03:14 PM
Ahh mixed reviews

kinetic
05-02-07, 03:21 PM
i think it's good. its enjoyable for me anyways..

MrX
05-02-07, 04:03 PM
Not really.

I had the last 4 episodes recorded but never had the desire to watch them so I deleted them and gave up.

Red Dog
05-02-07, 04:16 PM
Not particularly. Before the hiatus, it really sucked. After the hiatus, it marginally sucked.

Cardiff Giant11
05-02-07, 05:14 PM
I've been there since the start and ever since coming back from hiatus, it's been MUCH better. The pre hiatus episodes were mediocre at best but some of the post hiatus episodes have been great. My Wednesday's always involve Jericho and Lost.

Slayer2005
05-02-07, 05:47 PM
It's entertaining enough for me. I'd say it's "OK" or "Decent Enough" originally (Mediocre is a good word to describe it I guess), but lately it's been fairly good. There are much better shows on (ie Heroes, Lost, Veronica Mars, etc), but I like to have plenty of stuff to follow. I like that it is post apocalyptic stuff too though. :)

bboisvert
05-02-07, 05:56 PM
Not particularly. Before the hiatus, it really sucked. After the hiatus, it marginally sucked.

That's my vote. I end up catching more episodes than I miss, for one reason or another, but it ain't a good show. Not even in the ballpark.

Breakfast with Girls
05-02-07, 05:58 PM
No.

firteen88
05-02-07, 06:01 PM
Anywhere I can go to see the pilot?

saoirse
05-02-07, 06:20 PM
Pretty crappy and a lot of bad acting, especially the mother.

bboisvert
05-02-07, 06:41 PM
Anywhere I can go to see the pilot?

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/videos.php

firteen88
05-02-07, 06:56 PM
Cool thanks, I'm gonna watch now

firteen88
05-02-07, 07:51 PM
Just watched the pilot. Not too bad, good enough to make me watch the next one

Rockmjd23
05-02-07, 11:01 PM
I like it due to the unintentional humor.

bboisvert
05-02-07, 11:21 PM
Just watched the pilot. Not too bad, good enough to make me watch the next one

That's the frustrating part of the show... it has an intriging premise and you can think of dozens of interesting and unique (for American television) ways it can go.

And then you get an episode about who's going to get to bake the cakes for the annual town bake sale. What the fuck? There's a freaking nuclear holocaust going on and everyone seems concerned with Melrose Place/Waltons-level drama. It's out of place and provides far too much (unintentional) humor.

johnnysd
05-02-07, 11:23 PM
It was excellent tonight.

1998Nole
05-02-07, 11:29 PM
It was excellent tonight.
I agree and it sucks next week is the "season finale" or so it stated. I really hope they don't pull and Invasion.

magiccmom
05-03-07, 12:22 AM
Tried to watch it but found it too depressing week after week.

Scorpio
05-03-07, 12:28 AM
One of my favorite new shows alongside Heroes. Have not missed an episode. Nice to have a show that isn't about cops, doctors, or lawyers.

Finisher
05-03-07, 01:13 AM
So glad I stuck with this show.

The past few episodes have been fantastic. All that buildup is finally paying off.

nateman
05-03-07, 02:47 AM
It's CBS's funniest comedy next to CSI: Miami. well the King of Queens is a good Comedy on CBS but the Acting in Jericho/Miami is so bad its good. I watch 2 eps of Jericho when it first started back in the fall but i missed alot of eps after that so I'll probally pick up the DVD if they release it.

Bateman
05-03-07, 04:46 AM
My take on the show is it started out OK but after the first few episodes it was very mediocre however it had just enough to keep it interesting. The second half of the season has been much better and seems to improve with every episode. The last half dozen episodes have been very enjoyable and I really hope this show sticks around for another season after finally hitting its stride.

DJariya
05-03-07, 05:15 AM
I would say Jericho and Day Break were the best serial dramas that were introduced this TV season. It's too bad that Jericho split it's season into 2 parts and has been struggling to regain viewership. Hopefully Wednesday's episode will help gain more momentum for the finale next week.

Bandoman
05-03-07, 07:29 AM
One of my favorite new shows alongside Heroes. Have not missed an episode. Nice to have a show that isn't about cops, doctors, or lawyers.

Well then I guess you wouldn't enjoy the show I'm creating: "Detective Duggan, M.D., Esq."

Kaffe_02
05-03-07, 07:56 AM
Ive been enjoying it. Its an interesting concept that is done pretty well. Definetly worth giving it a go.

MrE
05-03-07, 08:51 AM
Interesting ideas but the dialogue was almost unlistenable in the beginning. I started watching after the hiatus and there was some improvement but, as some have noted, it can still be amateur hour at the drop of a hat. The series needs a good story editor with a better ear for dialogue.

Shady12
05-03-07, 09:56 AM
And some non-crappy music.

Red Dog
05-03-07, 10:07 AM
And some non-crappy music.

The musical montage at the end of last night's episode was vomit-inducing.

Ayre
05-03-07, 10:09 AM
I thought the acoustic rendition of the Foo Fighters, "Times Like These" was good. Not sure who performed it.

MFRONE
05-03-07, 10:40 AM
I thought the acoustic rendition of the Foo Fighters, "Times Like These" was good. Not sure who performed it.
Foo Fighters performed it

kinetic
05-03-07, 11:05 AM
Foo Fighters performed it

lol

mwbmis
05-03-07, 11:48 AM
Interesting to see that in next week's preview...

I guess Heather's not dead after all. They've certainly left her fate rather ambiguous

mdc3000
05-03-07, 12:12 PM
That was one of the weirdest uses of music I've ever seen... Times like these did not fit with what was happening onscreen at all IMO. I just this morning caught up on 4 eps that I had PVR'd. I liked it when it first started, though the middle episodes were kind of dull, and up until a few episodes ago I was almost through with it... when April died etc. the melodrama was really amped up...but then the whole Hawkin/Jake teaming up thing started and now I'm back into it. Looks like next week should be a strong finish.

Quatermass
05-03-07, 01:46 PM
I just found out yesterday that Lennie James, the guy who plays Hawkins, is British. What is it with these guys pretending to be American? We've got Lincoln Burrows on Prison Break, House, and now this guy.
Do we have any of our people over there pretending to be British? (besides Madonna)

Last night was the best episode so far, IMO, in spite of the music. I hope it gets picked up for next season.