DVD Talk
What happens at an Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Review Interview? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : What happens at an Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Review Interview?

hitmanjules
05-01-07, 05:12 PM
Hi, my older brother recently got a notice in the mail to report in person for an eligibility review interview. He was discharged from the Navy (squid) early this year and has been collecting unemployment. He has to gather up all his job contacts and such from the past 3 months and I guess recieve help on finding a decent job. How good are they (the interviewers) at hooking people up - Do they have a secret stash of jobs they hand out during this meeting? How long is the appointment? If anyone has been through this, any info is greatly appreciated.

ernestrp
05-01-07, 05:39 PM
I had a relative go through this recently. I think every state is different on how they run things. Maybe google your state and unemployment insurance? I think they had to check in every 2 weeks and tell them where they went to look for jobs. I think they also send you to interviews. I dont think think they have a secret stash of jobs.

-popcorn-

PopcornTreeCt
05-01-07, 06:16 PM
Wait a second. Are you guys talking about health insurance? You can get insurance through unemployment?

OldDude
05-01-07, 06:22 PM
To collect unemployment, you have to be "actively seeking" work. This is basically a test of whether you are trying hard enough to deserve continuation of benefits.

movie diva
05-01-07, 06:24 PM
They just want to make sure he is looking for a job,and not watching TV all day long. The last time I had to do it I think the meeting was 5 minutes.

stevevt
05-01-07, 06:49 PM
If they had a secret stash of awesome jobs, why would they be unemployment insurance eligibility reviewers?

hitmanjules
05-01-07, 11:21 PM
5 minutes? How can they get anything done? I guess I'll tell my bro he shouldn't get dressed up.

Trelach24
05-01-07, 11:37 PM
Just tell him to call and cancel because he has a job interview.

devilshalo
05-02-07, 01:33 PM
Just tell him to call and cancel because he has a job interview.
Make sure to mention Vandelay Industries.