Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old Fallout 3 trailer

Old 05-01-07, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Fallout 3 trailer

I had never seen this before. It is a trailer for Black Isle's Fallout 3. Black Isle went out of business in 2003, but Bethesda (of Elder Scrolls fame) bought the game, and they are working on it. Could you imagine a Fallout world as massive as an Elder Scrolls world? A 200 hour Fallout game?

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="409"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=19053"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=19053" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="409"></embed> </object>
Old 05-01-07, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I loved fallout. Definately one of the classics.
Old 05-01-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by taffer
Could you imagine a Fallout world as massive as an Elder Scrolls world? A 200 hour Fallout game?
Yes. Yes I can.
Old 05-01-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I just found this article on Fallout 3. It's from April so it's pretty current.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=5093&Itemid=2
Old 05-01-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
The demo looked kinda cool, although nothing particularly fancy. Can't wait to see how Bethesda is going to do the Fallout world.
Old 05-01-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Bethesda opened the Fallout forums about 10 days or so ago, so hopefully they're getting close to showing something.
Old 05-01-07, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The demo looked kinda cool, although nothing particularly fancy.
I loved it because it looks exactly the same as the old Fallout games except with 3D character models.

This is the version that Black Isle was working on. My feeling though is that Bethesda probably scrapped this version of the game altogether. Most likely Fallout 3 will end up looking like Elder Scrolls with guns.

That isn't a problem necessarily, but I prefer the "classic" Fallout look. They better keep some of the well-known Fallout elements like PIP Boy and "War... war never changes."
Old 05-01-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I loved it because it looks exactly the same as the old Fallout games except with 3D character models.

This is the version that Black Isle was working on. My feeling though is that Bethesda probably scrapped this version of the game altogether. Most likely Fallout 3 will end up looking like Elder Scrolls with guns.

That isn't a problem necessarily, but I prefer the "classic" Fallout look. They better keep some of the well-known Fallout elements like PIP Boy and "War... war never changes."
I'm sure they scrapped it, but I have a hard time believing they'll scrap the model completely for something closer to the Elder Scrolls games like first person view and such.
Old 05-01-07, 10:42 PM

After working on Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics, I really thought each game got better and better. Storylines were fantatic, great RTS systems and just the right amount of gore/creativity. It's nice to see some love coming back for them. After Tactics, they franchise went downhill, IMO. Still, Bethseda could do good work of it.. The Black Isle guys (now Obsidian) were on par or close to being on par with Blizzard at that time. Also check out Planescape:Torment .. one of the most underated RPG's at that time.
Old 05-01-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I rarely finish games. I usually get bored or just stop playing, but the Fallout series is one that I finished multiple times. One of my favorite games of all time. I'd certainly prefer the "classic" look and turn based play as opposed to some "Oblivion" type of play. I probably wouldn't play it any other way.
Old 05-02-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got a link from the Bethesda PR dude - http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Nothing special, just a countdown to a trailer and linked to the forums. Since when did countdowns to trailers become newsworthy?
Old 05-02-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Since when did countdowns to trailers become newsworthy?
I have to admit, I'm kind of excited
Old 05-02-07, 11:11 AM
Banned

It just says "teaser" so it won't even be a "real" trailer, just some quick teaser.

Regardless, I am excited too. After nine long years, Fallout 3 is almost here!!

Now if only the Duke would come out sometime this century...
Old 05-02-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You can download that tech demo!

http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=35862
Old 06-05-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Teaser for Fallout 3 now online.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/
Old 06-05-07, 04:40 PM
Banned

Fallout 3 coming to PC, PS3, and Xbox360

With the trailer arriving today, we felt it would be rather fitting to announce our July cover. We're blowing the lid off of one of the most anticipated returns of a franchise - Fallout 3. We bring you inside Bethesda and give you the first details about this post-apocalyptic open-ended RPG that's hitting the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2008.

My guess is Fallout 3 will be more like an Elder Scrolls game since the classic isometric gameplay would be a pain in the ass to play with a controller.

Last edited by taffer; 06-05-07 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-05-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I just hope they build a UI that's PC friendly. The UI in Oblivion for the PC was atrocious, especially when compared to Morrowind.

The teaser is pretty cool. Not much to go on, but I expected that. Glad to hear Ron Perlman's voice!
Old 06-05-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fallout 3 coming to PC, PS3, and Xbox360

My guess is Fallout 3 will be more like an Elder Scrolls game since the classic isometric gameplay would be a pain in the ass to play with a controller.
!
Old 06-06-07, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy Flurking Schnit!!
I've hoping to see this happen and I had even given up hope.

Please please please leave an option in there to play with an isometric top down view like commandos on the PC, and leave the 1st person spin off games for the consoles. I would turn gay for the guys at Bethesda if they do this right. Maybe.
Old 07-01-07, 02:41 PM
Banned

New Gamespot preview and first ever gameplay screenshots

The game uses an enhanced Oblivion engine and will be played in first person view by default. The game can be played in third person if you wish, but personally I think it will be clunky if it is like Oblivion's third person mode. The game will most likely be intended to be played in first person like Oblivion.

However, you can pause the game at any time and go into the turn-based action point mode reminiscent of the original games. The ability to target specific body parts is back. I noticed in the last screenshot above that there is no option to target the groin. I hope the groin shot will be added in the final game; the groin shot was one of my favorite things in the original games.

The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system returns (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck). The perk system returns. The Bloody Mess perk is back. Bloody Mess, of course, gives you the most gory death animations.

The over-the-top violence returns. Heads explode, limbs can be shot off, eyeballs come out of sockets, etc. just like in the original games. I hope that in the wake of the GTA and Manhunt controversies, that Bethesda won't be forced to tone the violence down.

The game also looks to be open-ended like the original games. During one quest you can nuke an entire city. Doing so, you lose all the quests, items, etc in that city, but it also opens up a brand new area with its own unique quests, items, etc.

Fall 2008 cannot get here soon enough. This is my most anticipated game for 2008.

Last edited by taffer; 07-01-07 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-01-07, 03:00 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Wow -- this is amazing stuff. Little detail I noticed -- judging from that last screenshot, it looks like you'll be able to make attempts to disarm enemies in combat. Pretty cool.

I hope the shots of the PIPBoy and the targeting system reassure the "Bethesda's going to screw it up!!!1!!" crowd.
Old 07-01-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I never played the other games in the series so while I don't understand the story up to this point I am very curious about the game.
Old 07-01-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

All that info was in Game Informer magazine this month, so I don't know about first ever

But yeah, the game's lookin pretty good
Old 07-01-07, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I never played the other games in the series

Along with the Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape Torment), Fallout 1 and 2 are almost universally regarded as some of the finest CRPGs out there.

I highly recommend you at least try them out. They are old 2D games, so the system requirements are really low (something like a 300 Mhz Pentium with 32 MB RAM).

Wal-mart used to have a combo pack of Fallout 1 and 2 for $10, but I haven't seen it in a few years.
Old 07-01-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan
!
x1000

Another formerly great PC RPG series bites the dust to cater to the console crowd.

Last edited by Tracer Bullet; 07-01-07 at 04:41 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.