Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Best place to purchase travel insurance?

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 04-30-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm making reservations for my honeymoon right now and I'd like to know where is the best place to get travel insurance in case things go wrong.

I've already paid for the resort (all inclusive) via my fiance's work. (They give up to 50% discount on prices) All I have left to do is purchase the plane tickets. AMEX said they provide insurance automatically for a small charge added to the ticket price.

Are there other options and what should I be aware of? Thanks for any help my fellow DVDTalkers can provide.
Old 05-01-07, 01:48 AM

I've used insuremytrip.com

You type in your information and they give you quotes from tons of companies. I've never had a problem filing a claim on any policy that I'd purchased through them, and prices were a ton cheaper than what any of the travel or credit card companies wanted to charge me.
Old 05-01-07, 11:17 AM
Cool New Member

I have used Access America for travel insurance and was very pleased. Used them for two different cruises where you pay way ahead of time and wanted coverage in case we needed to cancel or had a medical problem out of the country. Had a problem with lost luggage in Europe last summer and was without luggage for four days. (The luggage finally showed up on the ship the night we sailed. We had called the port agent for the cruise line when we realized we had a problem. The airline was not as helpful.) We had to buy some clothes because we did not know when the luggage would turn up and when we were home Access America was very helpful. After filing the forms and receipts they promptly gave us a refund for what we had to spend up to the policy limit.

I highly recommend them.

Oh, also only insure what you can not get refunded. Normally hotels are cancellable up to the day of arrival and air tickets can usually be changed for a fee. What you pay is based on how much (dollar amount) you are insuring and your age.
Free air tickets are not covered (from mileage plans, etc.) The insurance is for actual out of pocket expenses.

Have a great honeymoon.