Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho 4/25/07 - One If by Land

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts
Jericho 4/25/07 - One If by Land

The hostility mounts between the citizens of Jericho and New Bern. A handful of residents of New Bern are shot and injured after getting caught trying to steal from the Jericho salt mine.

Hawkings kicked ass in this episode! He was on a mission. I thought for a second there they were going to leave him in the cabin the whole time.

Does anyone else feel that the show should have taken place in "New Bern"? Seems like they had a lot more action going on there than in Jericho.
But finally, these past few episodes have really hit their stride.
Old 04-25-07, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that was a pretty badass shoot out scene. wasn't execpting that in a show like jericho. consider me hooked.. i love this show now. THey just need to get rid of the stupid kids and the other pointless drama and it can be a real kick ass show. so looks like it's going to be all out war next week.. hmm
Old 04-26-07, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It takes a lot of "talent" to reduce a potentially powerful post-apocolyptic scenario to what is essentially a reworking of B-western plot lines about cattle ranchers fighting over water rights, land disputes, etc.
Old 04-26-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by marty888
It takes a lot of "talent" to reduce a potentially powerful post-apocolyptic scenario to what is essentially a reworking of B-western plot lines about cattle ranchers fighting over water rights, land disputes, etc.

I had a similar thought. This really could be an Old West show.

They need to get back to Hawkins' story and the guy Daniel Benzali is portraying. Sadly, that doesn't look likely anytime soon. I couldn't care less about the upcoming 'war.'
Old 04-26-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I liked it - one of the better episodes IMO. Any news on whether it has been renewed or not? I seem to recall them saying there is only 1 or 2 episodes left and I was wondering if it will be a "Season finale" or a "series finale"
Old 04-26-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by marty888
How? You are taking the lives of one very small town in Kansas. Outside of them heading out of town the times they've shown, there isn't much they can do. Having stories limited to just the town would be boring.
Old 04-26-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
where the hell was Hawkins' M4s? or that suppressed sniper rifle he has
Old 04-26-07, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Love to see some type of prequel spin-off show with Hawkins.

The guy simply proves again that he is a pure badass!
Old 04-27-07, 10:01 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty lame situation with Jake and girl ... trusting her with info & names. The writers obviously didn't know how to get him out of jail.
Old 04-28-07, 01:08 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Damm that was a pretty good shootout
Old 04-28-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Quatermass
I liked it - one of the better episodes IMO. Any news on whether it has been renewed or not? I seem to recall them saying there is only 1 or 2 episodes left and I was wondering if it will be a "Season finale" or a "series finale"
CBS has not actually renewed ANY shows save for Survivor. However, Jericho is said to be on the bubble - the network likes the buzz and the creative direction but is concerned about the slagging ratings. They are inclined to renew it, but it may not be a full season order.
Old 04-29-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I really liked this episode. Hawkins is really turning into a badass that Jack Bauer should have been this season. If this does get a 2nd season, I think CBS will probably only order 13 episodes and then wait and see how they do 1st. CBS did the same thing with The Unit and Close to Home before they got a full 2nd season.