Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost -- "d.o.c." - 4.25.2007

Season 3, Episode 18: "D.O.C."

Director: Frederick E.O. Toye
Written By: Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis
Original Air Date: April 25th, 2007

ABC Synopsis:
Spoiler:
"Sun allows Juliet to examine her when she learns that all of "The Others" pregnant woman died before they gave birth on the island. Meanwhile, Desmond and an unlikely nemesis collaborate to save a new island inhabitant's life."

Guest Cast:
Spoiler:
Andrew Divoff (Mikhail), Byron Chung (Mr. Paik), Alexis Rhee (older woman), Marsha Thomason (Naomi), Jean Chung (Paik's Secretary), Esmond Chung (Paik's Associate), John Shin (Mr.Kwon)

Last edited by hardercore; 04-25-07 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-24-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Your Spoilers:
Spoiler:
04/23 - Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: Jae Lee commited suicide. Sun's father didn't push him off the balcony. Damon and Carlton made a point to mention that the father of Sun's baby could be Jin, Jae Lee, or a mystery person. Apparently, some people thought Jae Lee was murdered. Penny sent the parachutist. Damon and Carlton do not refer to her as Naomi. Naomi will be explained further in "D.O.C." More of Juliet's motives will be shown in "D.O.C." Source: Lost Podcasts
# 04/17 - D.O.C. will take us back to the death-of-pregnant-women storyline. Source: Lost Podcasts
# 04/09 - After discovering that all of "The Others'" pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, an extremely reticent Sun allows Juliet to examine her -- and uncovers the identity of the unborn child's father. Meanwhile, Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant. Guest starring are Byron Chung as Mr. Paik, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, John Shin as Mr. Kwon, Alexis Rhee as older woman, Esmond Chung as Paik's associate and Jean Chung as Paik's secretary. Source: ABC
# 04/08 - After learning that the Others' pregnant women all died before giving birth on the island, Sun allows Juliet to examine her; Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant. Source: WCHS
# 03/30 - Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz reveal: Sun is going to learn interesting things about what happens to pregnant women on the island and when she does learn these things, it's going to impact her relationship with Jin in a profound way. We will find out that Sun has a secret feat that she is hiding from Jin, and that will not only be voiced, but answered. [During the Jin and Sun flashback,] you will get a taste of them as newlyweds and kind of see where he was before he started to be Mr. Paik's head henchmen. Source: Lost - The Official Magazine, Issue #10, May/June 2007
# 03/11 - Lost was filming in downtown Honolulu again, this time near Chinatown. They set up along College Walk and North Kukui St., near a Taoist temple and within view of assorted Asian architecture. It was along the river, or canal, that borders downtown. They were filming a busy street scene with background extras crossing a bridge, including a cop in a blue shirt and a white hat. Pigeons scattered on cue. The focus of the scene was Yunjin Kim, or "Sun." She approaches a middle aged Asian woman leaning against the low wall of the canal. Sun pulls an envelope out of her bag, and hands it to the woman. The woman eagerly starts to open in, but Sun clamps it closed. They talk. Sun pushes the envelope sternly into the woman's hands, turns, and walks away. Source: The Transmission [Note: Pictures can be seen here.]

Your major spoiler that you probably shouldn't read and will blow your mind. Seriously, don't read it. I'm a spoiler guy and I wish I didn't know this. If true, will totally change the face of LOST:

Spoiler:
At the close of the episode the Losties will inform Naomi (the parachute girl) that they're survivors of Oceanic flight 815. Naomi will give them the news that what they've just told her is impossible seeing as how the wreckage of that flight was found and recovered, and that there were no survivors.
Old 04-25-07, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Based on the spoilers and past speculation, it seems apparent to me that
Spoiler:
Jin can't be the father. If he is, Sun will die because the conception would have taken place after the crash. So, either Egghead is the dad, and Sun is safe but will have to tell Jin the truth. Or, Jin is the father and Sun's life is at risk.
Old 04-25-07, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What's most intriguing of all to me is
Spoiler:
Mikhail being slated to re-appear in this episode.

I've gone cold-turkey with spoilers leading up to the finale so I dunno if it has anything to do with what you guys posted above, but I just happened to stumble upon this while finding out the guest star info for this thread. Very interesting indeed.
Old 04-25-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Based on the spoilers and past speculation, it seems apparent to me that
Spoiler:
Jin can't be the father. If he is, Sun will die because the conception would have taken place after the crash. So, either Egghead is the dad, and Sun is safe but will have to tell Jin the truth. Or, Jin is the father and Sun's life is at risk.
But don't you dare call this a Catch-22!

Hey, hardercore, you should probably try to get a more generic picture up there than the person that the flashbacks will center on since many people consider that a spoiler and it is obvious that is the point of the picture.

Last edited by pinata242; 04-25-07 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-25-07, 08:50 AM
Suspended

Not reading spoilers, but still can't wait!
Old 04-25-07, 08:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
i've just said No to spoilers as well.

Looking forward to it!
Old 04-25-07, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's nice to look forward to Wednesdays again. Can't wait.
Old 04-25-07, 09:27 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That blonde women from the others look familar, what other shows has she been on?
Old 04-25-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Fok
That blonde women from the others look familar, what other shows has she been on?
She was on 2 early episodes of Boston Legal as an ex of Alan Shore's. She had been committed to a looney bin after trying to run him over. After she was released, she started practicing law.

I believe she's also the wife in the Tim Allen Santa Clause movies.
Old 04-25-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Hey, hardercore, you should probably try to get a more generic picture up there than the person that the flashbacks will center on since many people consider that a spoiler and it is obvious that is the point of the picture.
You're probably right -- I've changed the image.

Anyway, I get the feeling that this will be the last in a line of solid, but not spectacular buildup-for-the-finale episodes. A few things point in that direction:
Spoiler:
The episode is penned by writers renowned for being given the sharp end of the stick and having to write "filler" episodes (think Born To Run, Fire+Water, Dave, Tricia Tanaka Is Dead, Exposé). Also, next week sees the beginning of May sweeps and promises the return of Locke and his father, the story arc with which, we're told, will be central to the events of the finale.

Last edited by hardercore; 04-25-07 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-25-07, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
She was also in the film Gia with Angelina Jolie. She played Linda McCartney in The Linda McCartney Story TV movie that airs over and over again on cable.
Old 04-25-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
i've just said No to spoilers as well.

Looking forward to it!
me too, i read the spoilers for last week and it really took the wind from the episode's sails. I was left saying "that's it?!?!"
Old 04-25-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fok
Played Jim Caviezel's mom in Frequency

Played a nun in the "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" episode of House

Played a shrink and Keri Weaver's first lesbian gf in ER.
Old 04-25-07, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished watching it

Spoiler:
The baby is Jin's. Juliet told Sun that the women tend to make it until the middle of the second trimester, which is another two months for Sun. She leaves a message for Ben telling him about her findings, and also says that she is working on getting a sample from Kate. Naomi tells Hurley that the plane from 815 was found, and there were no survivors.

Old 04-25-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Awesome episode.
Old 04-25-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Seriously, this show gets better and better. Sun and Juliette are my two favorite characters now.

Though I do have a feeling
Spoiler:
the "no survivors" was setup by those w/ outside access
Old 04-25-07, 10:00 PM

I just laughed when she said that there were no survivors. This makes me sick but I love it!
Old 04-25-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

this show has been getting better every week. Freakin amazing ending.
Old 04-25-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Awesome episode.

Holy Shit. Great ending!
Old 04-25-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Good to know my sources were right about the ending. Now i know to start ignoring them
Old 04-25-07, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Okay so how is the Wishmaster still alive?
DVD Talk Legend

Damn that was friggin awesome episode.

Interesting that Mikhail said this island heals differently. Pretty much confirm that this island can heal.
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I found the end annoying and cliched.

Juliet is such a scary sociopath. I'd buy air from her, though.

So how did patchy survive the defense fields?
Old 04-25-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
So how did patchy survive the defense fields?
The island healed him, duh.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.