Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Customer Appreciation Days

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-23-07, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
I know this might not belong here, but I knew that this is the best forum to come to for help. I am going to buy a new HDTV, but I was waiting for Best Buy to send out those 10% off coupons that they occasionally do. I believe the last coupons were mailed out over president's day, and I thought that the next ones came some time in June, but I am not sure (and do not feel like waiting that long to get my new TV). Does anybody know when exactly Best Buy sends out their customer appreciation 10% off coupons?
Thanks,
Will
Old 04-23-07, 05:15 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had some that expire today.
Old 04-23-07, 05:20 PM

look for them in may. best buy will be kicking off dads and grads campaign soon(if it has no started). From working there, I can tell you that you can get a great deal on a TV at any time. Bargaining works, especially when you do install, warranty, or buy more stuff.

PS-->you get discounts when you upgrade to hd channels though best buy with comcast or directv. check you store for more info.
Old 04-23-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jim
I had some that expire today.
makes two of us.
Old 04-23-07, 08:44 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dpz301
makes two of us.
I got some for this past weekend as well.
Old 04-23-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got them and sometimes you get a 12% off one if you have a reward zone card. Is it me or when they do the customer appreciation days, they should offer 25-50% off items? Now that would make me really feel appreciated, not just 10-12%.
Old 04-24-07, 04:32 PM

Dang, looks like i missed this weekend's coupons (temporarily out of town). I will look for more in May.
Also, amd555 mentioned bargaining with Best Buy--I was unaware that they negotiated their prices. Have you successfully done this before?
Thanks.
Old 04-24-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just got the ones that expired yesterday. Way to go, USPS.
Old 04-24-07, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've noticed that they seem to coincide with three-day holiday weekends, so look for some on Memorial Day Weekend (May 26-28).
Old 04-24-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've yet to receive any...
Old 04-24-07, 07:40 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mnementh
Thats what happened to me the last time...
Old 04-24-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mnementh
Sounds like my last CostCo coupon book - got it in mail 2 days before expiration. Had already been in effect for 2+ weeks.
Old 04-24-07, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I could really use some of these in the next couple of weeks seeing as how I gotta pick up a couple XBox 360 games for my fiancee before mid-May.
Old 04-24-07, 08:16 PM

you can

Originally Posted by WGinsberg
Dang, looks like i missed this weekend's coupons (temporarily out of town). I will look for more in May.
Also, amd555 mentioned bargaining with Best Buy--I was unaware that they negotiated their prices. Have you successfully done this before?
Thanks.
I work for bby, but not the home theater dept. I can tell you that I've seen some great deals walkout the door. You'll get a good price if you: 1. Sign up or upgrade your comcast or directv, 2. Buy install, 3. buy extended warranty, 4. buy an open box item. Go towards 8 o'clock in the eve. good luck
Old 04-24-07, 08:37 PM

nice deal
Old 04-24-07, 11:18 PM

I seem to recall that there were coupons over father's day weekend last year, in case no memorial day coupons arrive. Does anybody else remember this too?
Old 04-25-07, 01:16 AM

I Got My 12% off Coupon Last Week

If you know what brand of TV your wanting go to a search engine like www.nextag.com or google or whatever one you come to and run it and you will find that it will be cheaper buying it out of state. why? NO SALES TAX and if you get a a really good one like www.6ave.com where shipping is only
.06 cent. I've bought 3 HDTV plus several other electronics from them. They will deliever it right to your front door.
Old 04-25-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, you just missed this weekend's coupons. They've been putting these out more often recently though. I wouldn't be surprised to see another set for Memorial Day.
Old 04-25-07, 04:06 PM

I live in Pennsylvania. How does it work purchasing out of state to dodge the tax? I'd prefer to buy in a Best Buy like store, if possible. Can I buy online and pick it up in a different state?
Old 04-25-07, 04:37 PM
X
Administrator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by WGinsberg
I know this might not belong here, but I knew that this is the best forum to come to for help.
That is no excuse for knowingly posting in the wrong forum and making more work for moderators.
Old 05-01-07, 04:35 PM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by davron
If you know what brand of TV your wanting go to a search engine like www.nextag.com or google or whatever one you come to and run it and you will find that it will be cheaper buying it out of state. why? NO SALES TAX and if you get a a really good one like www.6ave.com where shipping is only
.06 cent. I've bought 3 HDTV plus several other electronics from them. They will deliever it right to your front door.
I agree. I never understood why people buy stuff at stores like BB, who not only overcharge you, but you also have to pay sales tax.
Old 05-08-07, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by exm
I agree. I never understood why people buy stuff at stores like BB, who not only overcharge you, but you also have to pay sales tax.
Uh, shipping costs? Pre-purchase inspection? Ease of return?

We are talking about a potentially large HDTV.
Old 05-08-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Uh, shipping costs? Pre-purchase inspection? Ease of return?

We are talking about a potentially large HDTV.

Those are the main reasons I would buy an HDTV from a Sears, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

I can imagine, knowing my luck, I would get a broken TV, or it would break very quickly and I would be stuck having to worry about shipping it out, being without it for weeks, waiting for it to get sent back, etc.

On that note- is there a consensus "best" place to buy an HDTV? One with liberal return policies if there's a problem, or if it doesn't look as good at home as the display model, or something like that?

I know I've heard either Costco/Sam's has liberal policies where you can return for any reason for a long period of time but I thought I've also heard one or both are changing their policies soon. TIA.
Old 05-08-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06

I know I've heard either Costco/Sam's has liberal policies where you can return for any reason for a long period of time but I thought I've also heard one or both are changing their policies soon. TIA.
Costco has changed it to three months for all electronics.
Old 05-09-07, 09:39 AM

look for clearance items at BB. they will do anything to get it out the door, including selling it below cost. It doesnt hurt to ask!