TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

30 Rock - "Cleveland" - 4/19/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-07, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
30 Rock - "Cleveland" - 4/19/07

Couldn't find a thread for this yet.

Another great episode. Loved Lemon being the model in Cleveland. My favorite part was the whole Tracy Jordan being forced out of the business by a powerful group of black entertainers called the Black Crusaders, led by Oprah and Bill Cosby (ala Dave Chappelle and the Dark Crusaders).

I wonder if this show will suffer any damage because of the whole Alec Baldwin controversy now? Hope not. Probably too late in the season, and the show has already been renewed anyway.
Old 04-20-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Funniest part was when Alec Baldwin grabbed Tina Fey and said, "Lemon, you didn't tell me that the Black Crusaders were after Tracy!" and then the next shot was of him tearing ass down the hallway.
Old 04-20-07, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anybody watch this show?

Hilarious episode...
Old 04-20-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I wonder if this show will suffer any damage because of the whole Alec Baldwin controversy now? Hope not. Probably too late in the season, and the show has already been renewed anyway.
I must be really out of the loop, because I have no idea what you are referring to.

I lost it when the guy on the street spit in Lemon's mouth while she was talking about how great NY is. The "Cleveland" song was pretty good too. Tracy's rants are getting to be almost as funny as Alec's.
Old 04-20-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What was the deal with Jane Krakowski trying to put on multiple panties over her jeans?
Old 04-20-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bralph
I lost it when the guy on the street spit in Lemon's mouth while she was talking about how great NY is. The "Cleveland" song was pretty good too. Tracy's rants are getting to be almost as funny as Alec's.
That part, and the part with the lady getting pushed into the trash had me rewinding and .

I must be really out of the loop, because I have no idea what you are referring to.
Him and Kim Bassinger are getting a divorce. He's got a set up time to call his daughter (she's 11 or 12) and talk to her. Apparently the daughter has missed 1 too many phone calls from Alec. He left like a 2 minute message just railing on her, cussing her out for blowing him off again.
Old 04-20-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is the link from the Other Forum that includes a transcript:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=498465
Old 04-20-07, 08:23 AM
Suspended

I never realized my hometown was so lame. Its funny how they kept spewing things that only Clevelanders would know about like the heights and The Jake. everyone else would be like what? I'm surprised there was no LeBron James or Drew Carey reference.

PS I'm from Cleveland and have NEVER been inside the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I've been to free concerts outside of it though.
Old 04-20-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Him and Kim Bassinger are getting a divorce. He's got a set up time to call his daughter (she's 11 or 12) and talk to her. Apparently the daughter has missed 1 too many phone calls from Alec. He left like a 2 minute message just railing on her, cussing her out for blowing him off again.

Voicemail Rant Reheats Alec-Kim Feud
By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
2 hours ago

The festering bad blood between movie-star exes Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger erupted Thursday when an angry phone message from Baldwin to his daughter was made public. On the recording, Baldwin can be heard berating his 11-year-old, Ireland, "You are a rude, thoughtless little pig."

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being," he says, apparently upset that she did not answer her phone for a planned call.

"I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone."

He goes on to say that he plans to fly from New York to Los Angeles "for the day just to straighten you out on this issue."

The recording was published by celebrity news site TMZ.com, which said that the call was placed on April 11.

Baldwin's spokesman said in a statement Thursday that, "in the best interest of the child," the 49-year-old actor "will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order.

"The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order," the statement continued. "Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

"The voice mail speaks for itself," Basinger's spokeswoman said.

Calls to Basinger's and Baldwin's attorneys were not returned.

Baldwin and Basinger, 53, were married in 1993. They have been involved in prolonged legal disputes over custody and other issues since she filed for divorce in 2001, which was granted in 2002. The couple's differences have been aired several times in public.

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in October for violating terms of a 2004 custody agreement. A motion by her lawyers to dismiss the charges was denied Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. The next hearing on visitation issues is scheduled for May 4.
Old 04-20-07, 10:22 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I feel trendy. A couple summers ago, I spent a short vacation in Cleveland.
Old 04-20-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It won't hurt the show. I mean, maybe if Alec's character on 30 Rock were some sort of "Danny Tanner"-ish father figure, but...he's not.
Old 04-20-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I almost started a thread last night but I got sidetracked. I thought the ep was hilarious. Will we see another Catfight down the line? This time between Phoebe and Lemon. They are obviously buidling towards something. I loved how Lemon's humidifiers got brought up again. She's such a cute lil mess.

Jane drunk saying crazy shit and trying on panties.

The Black Guy in the wheelchair had me laughing for 2 minutes straight.

..and oh, what was up with Tina/Lemon and the word "Blerg" all night? Was she doing it on a dare?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-20-07 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-20-07, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
then the next shot was of him tearing ass down the hallway.
ok, so where is the missing scene? Baldwin runs off to do something to help Tracey, but then there's a shot of a Nation-looking guy on a bus trailing Tracey and then back to Baldwin's office......where did he run off to???? He was like Batman one minute, but then, nothing.....something is missing. I think there's too much going on in that show for 22 minutes....they need 10 extra minutes to get in all the jokes and to show all the characters: Tina eats 2/3s of the screen-time (yes, it's her show and she's very funny), but there are several other funny people who get short-changed every episode. It's a crazy, uneven show that could be as good as Arrested Development (oh, no, was that blasphemy? maybe...AD is a repeat-viewing show, and 30 Rock doesn't have that multi-layered quality...but it could still get it.)
Old 04-20-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

hehe, another great episode. Hopefully, they address what Jack did to get the Black Crusaders off of Tracy.

I had quite the opposite experience in Cleveland.
Old 04-20-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Another funny episode.
Old 04-20-07, 02:49 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
yeah jack giving floyd the pep talk before the interview was great..

then the guy rolled up in the wheelchair, and he was black!

Jack is all well played whatever his name was.

I will miss the floydster though he was a good addition,
Old 04-20-07, 03:21 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

I got the impression next week's episode will tie up the apparent loose ends from this week's.

I love Tina Fey more and more each week. She was priceless in this episode, especially with Jenna: "You need to cool it" at lunch, and "Yes, ma'am, though I don't know you, I will help you" at the clothing store. So funny.

Also love this line: "We're all models west of the Allegheny." So true, Jenna. So true.
Old 04-20-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I also laughed heartily when Jack hauled ass after finding out about the Black Crusaders being on Tracy. Just a good sight gag.

When Tina let that guy spit on her, you had to appreciate to what lengths she'll go for a laugh. (But it was gross).
Old 04-20-07, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tracy wanting to do a Michael McDonald cover CD was awesome
Old 04-20-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Living 25 miles from Cleveland, I can only say that "The Cleve" segment was surreal.

This show is brilliant !!!
Old 04-20-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Alec Baldwin is right about his daughter, and I fully support the show. Way to give a 12 year old hell, AB.
Old 04-20-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In Baldwin's voicemail, I just imagine it's Donaghy talking to Lemon and it becomes pretty funny.
Old 04-20-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bet he left a similar message for Oprah and that is what got Tracy out of trouble with the Black Crusaders.
Old 04-20-07, 09:58 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Tracy wanting to do a Michael McDonald cover CD was awesome
Kenneth's MM impersonation was hilarious.
Old 04-21-07, 12:16 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I think the blergh, and certainly by the hammer of thor were references to Galayquest.

I just rewatched the ep. like I normally do.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.