Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

How I Met Your Mother season 1 $14.99 @ Costco

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-07, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How I Met Your Mother season 1 $14.99 @ Costco

While at Costco today, I noticed the first season of HIMYM stickered at $14.99. There were only a few copies in stock, but I remember noting a $23.99 price in previous visits. Seems that maybe they are trying to get rid of the remaining stock?

I grabbed a copy, as I love this show but held off on buying it, thinking there would eventually be a great deal. Amazon is selling this set for $28.49, and Buy.com appears to be the cheapest at $25.

22 episodes for $15!
Old 04-19-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Suit up!!! We're going to Costco!
Old 04-19-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is going to be legen...wait for it...dary! Thanks for the information. I'll definitely grab this (even though they released it only in full frame) it's still worthy of a purchase.
Old 04-19-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Shit! Well, that kills it (and probably explains the low price, Weeds was similarily mutiliated and subsequently highly discounted). I am going to stick with my HD recordings instead.
Old 04-19-07, 09:39 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Hopefully get out to the local one over the weekend and fingers crossed that they have some in stock. Is priced up at $14.99, or is that the price at check out after rebate or whatever?
Old 04-19-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the price at all Costcos, and not just a YMMV situation?

I plan on going to the Grog Shop this weekend, and don't want to leave early to make a detour to Costco if my chances of obtaining a copy are slim.

(Side note: I live an hour and a half away from Cleveland, which is the reason for not wanting to leave early.)
Old 04-19-07, 10:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I love the show! Hopefully my store will have it.
Old 04-19-07, 10:35 PM

damn that's cheap! my bf bought it for me at costco a couple months ago at 22. :/

-Kat
Old 04-20-07, 10:16 AM

DVDMagic-
The set was stickered at $14.99. No coupons, no rebates. Rang up at that price without issue. The sku is 187786, and the price tag is not laid over another tag, or put on haphazardly. Definitely seems that this set of stock came in from the warehouse at this price.

invisiblegt-
Not sure which side of Cleveland you live on, but I made my purchase at the Mayfield store just off I-271. There were still about 5 copies in stock as of just before closing last night.
Old 04-20-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just saw this at my local Costco (Independence, MO) tonight with the $14.99 sticker. As Renee described, this is definitely the regular price now. There's no sales or special stickers or anything.

Full frame butchering aside, this is a good set if you're a big fan of the show. It's worth it at that price.
Old 04-21-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, OP, as well as Renee... Looks like my Sunday drive will inclue a little side trip.

EDIT: I did not realize Costco was a strictly "member-only" store (the closest is an hour and a half away, so I've actually never been to one). So, it looks like I will not be picking up a copy on Sunday.

Last edited by invisiblegt; 04-21-07 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-21-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Thanks, OP, as well as Renee... Looks like my Sunday drive will inclue a little side trip.

EDIT: I did not realize Costco was a strictly "member-only" store (the closest is an hour and a half away, so I've actually never been to one). So, it looks like I will not be picking up a copy on Sunday.
You should be able to get a one day pass(you'll have to pay a little extra though). Membership at Costco is also risk free. They will refund your membership fee at any time if you are not satisfied.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 04-21-07 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-22-07, 07:10 AM

Found several copies at my Costco in plano, tx. Thanks!
Old 04-23-07, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Shit! Well, that kills it (and probably explains the low price, Weeds was similarily mutiliated and subsequently highly discounted). I am going to stick with my HD recordings instead.
Yep--so annoying. It is being release in WS in the UK May 7 (if you have a region free player)--but will probably take a while for it to drop to a reasonable price (right now~$44 on amazon.co.uk)
Old 04-23-07, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Sweet. More Swarley for your buck.
Old 04-23-07, 09:25 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

stopped in yesterday and after some searching managed to find a set. Caught a couple of episodes of this when it was on and figured I'd wait til it came out on DVD - for this price you can't go wrong
Old 04-24-07, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I planned on picking this up, cause a friend of mine swears it is the funniest thing on TV, and I have never checked it out, but I'm not gonna watch in FF if it is bc'd in WS and will be available elsewhere...
Old 04-24-07, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
I planned on picking this up, cause a friend of mine swears it is the funniest thing on TV, and I have never checked it out, but I'm not gonna watch in FF if it is bc'd in WS and will be available elsewhere...
Yeah, it's really annoying the show is only in full screen on DVD. It was never released on widescreen (aside from the CBS HD broadcasts, of course). Even though it is only full screen, it's definitely worth checking out as it is one of the funniest shows on TV like your friend states. The first season will probably never be re-released on widescreen DVD, so it's definitely worth picking up particularly at the less than $15 price.