Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Bust A Move Bash?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-18-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody purchased Bust A Move Bash yet for the Wii?
Old 04-18-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was trying to figure out if it's been delayed. I checked at four different stores today and I wasn't able to find it anywhere. My wife loved one of the installments on the PS2 and the Wiimote controls and eight player simultaneous play look great. I haven't seen any reviews yet though. I'll try to pick it up again tomorrow.
Old 04-18-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked it up today at Best Buy, but I'm still at school so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. If SPM doesn't suck me in when I get home, I'll try to get in some play time and give some impressions.
Old 04-19-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone?
Old 04-20-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My girlfriend and I finally got around to playing this tonight. We tried out the versus mode, where you can have up to 8 players at once. Its not like the other Bust-a-Move's, where each player had their own playing field, and one player wins when the bubbles reach the deadline for the other player. Instead, its a race to see who can destroy the most Jewels, which are pretty much bubbles that have jewels in them. I think each match goes for about 30 minutes.

Eventually, we tried playing it with 8 players, 6 of them being computer controlled. It got way too hectic, and we weren't really sure what was going on. Unfortunately, the versus mode in this game seems to be more based on luck than on skill. There were times where we'd just randomly aim and shoot as quickly as possible, and our scores skyrocketed. I'll post back later with more impressions, and if anyone has specific questions, I'll try to answer them.
Old 04-20-07, 01:01 AM

8 players at once, meaning you need 8 wii remotes? or is this like wario ware multi-player, one wii remote/one player at a time?
Old 04-20-07, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
I believe it is 4 wiimotes and 4 nunchucks.
Old 04-20-07, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

actually, it's 8 wiimotes
Old 04-20-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spinning plates
8 players at once, meaning you need 8 wii remotes? or is this like wario ware multi-player, one wii remote/one player at a time?
Its 4 wii remotes and 4 attachments, meaning you can use either a nunchuck or a classic controller.

I haven't tried the classic controller yet, but according to the manual, you use the analog sticks to aim the launcher.

As far as the Wii remote goes, there are 3 control options: 1) Gun (easy), 2) Gun, and 3) Baton. I'm not sure what Gun (easy) is, but with Gun you point at the screen and the launcher tracks where you point, I think. With baton, you hold the remote vertically and the launcher tilts as you tilt the remote. This is also the way it is controlled if you use a nunchuck.