Penn & Teller Bull****: Detoxing - 04/12/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Showtime, 9:00pm.

Season 5, Episode 4: Detoxing

Penn & Teller expose the truth behind our supposedly toxic insides. We find out about "colonics" and those "cleansing" diets including today's diet darling, the "Neera Super Cleanse." An actual Parasitologist - a scientist who studies parasites - tells us the truth about the parasites among and within us. A visit to the world's largest inflatable walk-through colon rounds out the episode.
Should be fun.

Next week: Exorcism.
Old 04-14-07, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't remember the last time I averted my eyes from the screen so much! Definitely one of the few times I wish I had seen this show on a small CRT television. Nasty.
Old 04-14-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, it was one of the ugliest shows ever. I averted my eyes and kept putting my hand in front of my eyes. My wife was laughing at me. As a former operating room nurse she often saw much worse, I guess.

But it was also a surprisingly good show. Although this was one of those "shooting fish in a barrel" topics, I thought they did a great job with the science and those people deserved the bashing. Personally, I think I did a lot better going to a gastroenterologist for my Crohn's Disease than I would have going to a "detoxer." Talk about being full of shit.
Old 04-19-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Yeah, we actually started watching this one while we were eating dinner and had to turn it off.

Good stuff, and one of my favorite Penn quotes ever: "Your colon is not an english muffin!"