Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Volition.com?

Old 04-11-07, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Volition.com?

I was going to post this in "Other", but wasn't exactly sure where it goes. I found this site and was curious if it's legit. Has anyone ever heard of it before or used it?
Old 04-12-07, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've only used it once in their free movie screenings section. I signed up with a +Volition unique email address and several months later received a couple of phishing attempt emails addressed to that same address and noticed it also turned up in a Google search on some dating service server.

At that point, I emailed the site requesting to opt out of any sharing lists and passed along that info in case someone hacked their site and got their info and received nothing but flippant, condescending replies from someone there basically calling me a liar and that I must have used that unique email address someplace else and that is where that info came from as they never share addresses.

That doesn't mean they don't provide something worthwhile, I never used it for anything other than a movie preview, but that was my experience anyway.