Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount - How are they with cancelling orders?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-11-07, 01:03 AM
SJL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy all,

Earlier i put a rather expensive (nearly $200US) boxset in my cart in an attempt to see their overseas shipping costs.

For some reason one of the pages between starting checkout and confirming your order disappeared and i accidently placed an order.

I emailed them instantly (and will call when they open tomorrow), but that doesn't stop me worrying.

Has anyone had experience with them (since they merged their stores) in regards to cancelling orders? And if so, how'd you go?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-07, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by SJL
Howdy all,

Earlier i put a rather expensive (nearly $200US) boxset in my cart in an attempt to see their overseas shipping costs.

For some reason one of the pages between starting checkout and confirming your order disappeared and i accidently placed an order.

I emailed them instantly (and will call when they open tomorrow), but that doesn't stop me worrying.

Has anyone had experience with them (since they merged their stores) in regards to cancelling orders? And if so, how'd you go?

Thanks in advance.
The email should be sufficient ( also depends if the item is IN STOCK - added - it would take them a day or so to 'fulfill' the order in any case.) They are quite quick on responding to emails.

Still - the major 'issue' is their website - and LACK OF ANY POSTAGE / SHIPPING DETAILS for INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS !!!!!!!

DDD : it was there in the previous 'version' of your site - PLEASE PUT IT BACK !!!
Old 04-11-07, 04:21 AM
SJL

Originally Posted by tonyjg
The email should be sufficient ( also depends if the item is IN STOCK - added - it would take them a day or so to 'fulfill' the order in any case.) They are quite quick on responding to emails.
They responded a few hours ago, but quite weirdly asked for my full name and address and my "customer number".

I've never had a customer number (to my knowledge, anyway) and cannot find any reference to it on their site, in 'My Account' or otherwise.

Don't know why they'd need more information to cancel an order given i'd told them the order number, and my name.

Fingers crossed they fix it up soon.

BTW It was listed as in stock, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by tonyjg
Still - the major 'issue' is their website - and LACK OF ANY POSTAGE / SHIPPING DETAILS for INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS !!!!!!!
Yep, that's what forced me to do a mock order (or so i thought).

No way of knowing their shipping costs for international orders without going to the checkout process.
Old 04-11-07, 07:55 AM

Is there not any option of cancellation orders? I have seen in many other websites. I placed order and i canceled it next day, that was very simple.
Old 04-11-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't cancel orders through their website unfortunately.
Old 04-11-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SJL
They responded a few hours ago, but quite weirdly asked for my full name and address and my "customer number".
I've never had a customer number (to my knowledge, anyway) and cannot find any reference to it on their site, in 'My Account' or otherwise.
There really is no need to know your "customer number", whatever that is. I was asked the same thing once and after the CSR was finally able to access my info (using order #) remarked "Why do you have so many customer numbers". Nobody seems to know about those cust. #s except the CSR. I always Log In to my account and it generates a new cust. # and new order # with each order.
Old 04-11-07, 04:12 PM

they are pretty good with cancelling orders. you just have to call them and it gets cancelled asap. you even get a cancellation email to confirm that they went through with it.
Old 04-11-07, 05:05 PM
SJL

Originally Posted by forsho01
they are pretty good with cancelling orders. you just have to call them and it gets cancelled asap. you even get a cancellation email to confirm that they went through with it.
They didn't reply to my follow up email of 14 hours ago.

I just called them and they, despite the order not having shipped, said there was 'nothing they could do', and that the order will ship.

I pleaded with them, and they didn't care.

I asked to speak to someone more senior and was told "sorry, no one is available", and in the end was effectively told that it was 'my bad luck' and i'm stuck with it.

Off to my bank for a chargeback now, and as far as i'm concerned, DD can rot in hell.