Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Fuel releases two sample tracks from upcoming album

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-09-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you that have any interest, Fuel (it should be called the Carl Bell band instead) released two sample tracks from their soon to be released album. Gone and Wasted Time. www.fuelweb.com or www.fuelies.net for more info.

The new singer is pretty good. But it just doesn't have that magic like it used to for me. Brett, while not the greatest singer in the world, just had this special energy. Two very good samples though. Just not great to me like it used to be. Most of you Fuel fans probably already know but I thought I would post it here for those who somewhat follow or like the band. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Shimmer35; 04-10-07 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-10-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard the new songs yet.

Sounds like they definitely went for a singer who sounded similar to Scallions. Gone sounds decent. Couldn't find Wasted Time on there though. I may end up purchasing this album.
Old 04-10-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wasted Time is on the front page of www.fuelies.net and Gone plays when you go to www.fuelweb.com.
Old 04-10-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Did not care for either track. Brett really added something to the sound of this band that they can't re-create. I can't imagine hearing this guy sing Hemmorage with the power and emotion of Brett. Too bad, I really liked this band.
Old 04-10-07, 10:23 PM

I really wish when bands got a new singer they would just change their name. I really don't like this new guy, really nasily and 80's hair band sounding.
Old 06-20-07, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to the Fuel wikipedia page the new album is titled Angels & Devils and will be released on August 7. New lead singer is Toryn Green.
Old 06-23-07, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bummer, I just picked up their very first album they released on some type of indie label before they hit it big. Much harder sounding then their initial big label release. Found it at a pawn shop for $3. Too bad about the change of singers. Sorry for my ignorance but what happened to the previous frontman?
Old 06-25-07, 04:51 PM

I was really into Fuel from Sunburn to Natural Selection, but Brett leaving the band had me wary. These tracks confirmed my fear...I must have seen Fuel some 20-25 times when Brett was the lead~this guy just doesn't have the energy..I agree sounds too 80s metal band for my taste

As for what happened to Brett, he left the band because Carl Bell (the writer of the songs) didn't really respect his input..and there were "creative differences". I don't think it was a really hateful exit but something that was bound to happen. I believe Brett is playing bass guitar in another band now.