Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GRAW2 or Lost Planet

Old 04-07-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
GRAW2 or Lost Planet

Hey Gang

I just checked the BB pre-sales ad and there is zero, ziltch, nodda 360 games on sale this coming week. I recently got a BB coupon on-line for $10 off GRAW2 good till April 18th. I've got my BB reward Zone Points ($30) that I've got to use by the 14th. I really haven't seen too much on either game as late though I have read about new maps for Lost Planet. I was just trying to figure which would be better overall from a FPS, upgraded maps, enjoyment factor and online. Right now I've got Gears and RS:LV. Thanks for input.

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Old 04-07-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts
It's a tough call, I actually enjoyed Lost Planets single player more than GRAW2 (GRAW2 is still spectacular, but I couldn't shake the been there, done that feel). That said, GRAW2s multiplayer blows Lost Planet out of the water.
Old 04-07-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed Lost Planet's single player at first, but towards the end I was getting bored with it. I didn't find the multiplayer very entertaining either. The single player in GRAW2 was good, but pretty short. I've had a blast playing multiplayer in GRAW2, especially the co-op missions.

My vote would be for GRAW2, but the game feels more like GRAW1.5, which is a good thing for me because I loved the original GRAW. I'm not sure if the demo for Lost Planet is still up, but download the GRAW2 demo (there's a seperate demo for single and multiplayer). If you enjoy the demo, I think you'll like the game.
Old 04-07-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I was not a huge fan of Lost Planet. I would go for GRAW2.
Old 04-07-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Lost Planet has a excellent single player and fun multiplayer and awesome graphics. GRAW2 is fun online but single player is pretty much standard fare for these type of games. I would say Lost Planet
Old 04-07-07, 03:44 PM
Banned

Both Lost Planet and GRAW2 are good games. GRAW2 is more-of-the-same if you have already played GRAW1 though. The difficulty in GRAW2 was toned down a lot too. Lost Planet has mechs you can use, and who doesn't love mechs.
Old 04-08-07, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I've only played the GRAW2 demo so I can't really say anything. I have Lost Planet and while the single player was decent, for me the online play is where it's at. To be honest I'm rather shocked by the near hatred for LP around here while the latest GTA rip off, Crackdown gets near orgasmic love and praise. Oh well, that's life.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-08-07 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-08-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't speak to GRAW 2, but I've been playing the single player campaign on Lost World and really liking it. Its a good game with kind of an arcadey, kind of slant on the shooter genre (at least in campaign). The monsters/bosses are somewhat lit up in the area you that they are vulnerable in and there's a pattern to their actions. I find it entertaining, but if that's not your taste you may not like it. In the campaign mode, I wouldn't exactly call the AI, intelligent. But its still fun. And oh yeah, as someone else mentioned it has Mechs
Old 04-09-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

They just released 2 amazing Map Packs for Lost Planet and a free map(originally for the LE) is coming in a few months. In the 2nd map pack you're fighting in an Office Building complex that's modeled after Capcom's Osaka Japan Headquarters.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-09-07 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-10-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Well I played the LP demo last night and it wasn't bad at all. I was wondering though this demo came out before the final game. Is it about right or were improvments made and the game turned out better? I saw where there were "only" like 11 or 12 missions. That seems pretty short compared to Gears or RS:LV?

I haven't played the GRAW2 yet. I did see a similar posts over at XBL and it was about 50/50 split on which game though LP may have had a edge.

Kenny J
Old 04-11-07, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Isn't the GRAW2 demo still up? I know they had it up no too long ago.