Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best place to sell used DVDs? Games?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-07-07, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!

I have about 30 DVDs that I don't see myself getting much use out of in the future, and I was hoping to do something constructive with them. Trading does not seem like it will work too well, as most of them are not at the peak of the mainstream, nor are they very obscure or rare. (They're also of all different genres, so trading many at once to one person seems unlikely) So, I was thinking that selling them to a store would be the best route to take. What's good these days?

I have an FYE/Coconuts, a Suncoast, a Blockbuster, and an EBGames relatively nearby, but I wasn't sure which place would give the best trade-in value and whether or not the money would be in cash or store credit. I'm also not sure if EBGames is even accepting movies at this point. Any opinions on these places or suggestions for other choices would be greatly appreciated.

There's also a Blu-Ray title I'm looking to trade in, if the advice for that is different from above.

Similarly, I'm looking at the possibility of unloading a few old PSX, PS2, and DC games. Again, what is the best option for these sorts of things these days?

eBay seems like it would work, but I feel like I'd probably only get a couple of dollars per title, and I'd rather hang on to the stuff and let it collect dust with the possibility of future use still there, rather than spend all of that time listing items and then packing/shipping them for a couple of dollars.

Anyway, thanks for looking, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 04-07-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can check out www.secondspin.com but your DVDs will need to be in mint condition.

For top $$$... ebay.
Old 04-07-07, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Searching the forum for secondspin.com helped out with all of the answers, thanks Heat.

I actually went ahead and set up an 'order' with them. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
Old 04-07-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Compare all of the main sites. Check out mx123.com and dvdpawn.com as well. I've used both, and they pay by either check or PayPal. Just see what the total would be for each site, and go with the one that would be best for you.

You can also get store credit at DVDPlanet. For many things they give you more than the other sites, but it can take a lot longer to get your credit. I don't know how it is for SecondSpin, but at MX123 and DVDPawn, they pay you just a day or two, three at the most, after they recieve the package you send them.