Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deepdiscount - Buy 1, Never Get one Free

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deepdiscount - Buy 1, Never Get one Free

Old 04-05-07, 05:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deepdiscount - Buy 1, Never Get One Free

So back when they had the b1g1 Anchor Bay TV deal I order Sledge Hammer Season 2 and Hecules Season 1. I receive Sledge rather quickly and wait... and wait... and wait.. and finally look into why I never received Hercules.

Looks like they no longer carry it and now don't seem to understand why I'm upset about not getting the free item that I essentially paid for when I paid full price for Sledge.

Anybody else have this happen? If so, what did they do for you?

The people I talked to didn't seem to have any interest in making this right.

Last edited by cardaway; 04-05-07 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So let me get this straight. During a BOGO sale you ordered two titles. They shipped you the item you paid for and billed you full price, but never shipped the freebie. Is that right? I can certainly see why you'd be upset. That's not right at all. As far as I'm concerned you should be able to get another item free or a half refund or something.
Old 04-05-07, 06:03 PM

they did the same thing to me with the fright packs which were part of that sale. they gave me a list of titles to replace the original dvd I was supposed to get free. It got really frustrating as the first three things I picked, I got a "sorry we don't carry that title any longer" line. It took them over a week on average for them to return e-mails, so all in all I spent about a month trying to find a title they still had and I wound up with some Agatha Christie set I just gave to my grandma so I could get this ordeal over with. Deep Discount has given good service in the past, but they really dropped the ball this time. Also like you they didn't inform me about the missing title. I had to talk to them myself and the CSRs I talked to made me feel like I was really inconveniencing them by making them give me what they owed. Thanks OP you're getting me all pissed off again at the runaround they gave me.
Old 04-05-07, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it sounds like the conversion to also selling books and etc. has left them lacking in the customer service department.
Old 04-05-07, 08:16 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
This has been a problem for long before the conversion to the new store. They did this to people who ordered the boomerang dvd and others
Old 04-07-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This has always been a problem with DDD when the 'free' or 'discounted' title is out of stock. If they can't get it in, or get it in after the promotion is over, they don't want to honor the deal. Their CS has always seemed mystified when you call them about.
Old 04-07-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ah, good times. Reminds me why I stopped doing business with them.
Old 04-07-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

During a previous Buy --- Get One Free at DDD I did have Boomerang on order and after about 5 weeks they finally determined that it was pulled from production and they re-sent me the list of all titles originally included in the offer, telling me to pick one along with substitute choices in case of inventory shortages. I got my first choice and have no complaints about their resolution.