Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelor-An Officer and A Gentleman April 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bachelor-An Officer and A Gentleman April 2

Naval officer Andy Baldwin hopes to finally meet the right woman from among the 25 Bachelorettes. He knows it's going to be a special night: It's also his 30th birthday!

Host Chris Harrison instructs Andy to give his first rose to the bachelorette who impresses him the most on first sight as the women start to arrive by fives in separate limos.

Anyone watching this? Seriously, this guy is almost too good to be true and hard to live up too. But he said on "Dancing with the Stars" that it does end in a marriage proposal. Should be a fun season!
Old 04-04-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The women are actually decent looking this season, so I may sneak a peek or two during its run this spring.
Old 04-04-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
He actually got rid of the ugliest ones unlike most of the Bachelors. With the bitch and the lush gone, I wonder where the drama is going to come from. Anyone notice the chick with the Loni Anderson in WKRP hair?

The hottest ones are these 3:

I noticed one their jobs is shown as "Former Miss Illinois." WTF. Does she just sit at home all day now.

I didn't know

was going to be on the show.
Old 04-04-07, 01:20 PM

I think the one whose mom got married when she met the guy on the Inca trail has a great chance. He sure mixed some substance with eye candy.
Old 04-04-07, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I didn't know

was going to be on the show.
Old 04-04-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked these remaining gals:
Stephanie W:

Alexis:

Tiffany W:

Bevin (not photogenic, but liked her demeanor):

middle of the pack:

Stephanie T: like the rack more than the face.

Tessa: eh...

Tina: WTF with the singing (that's the next channel over on Fox)?

He did let the wrong Danielle go, why did he let Danielle V go home?
Old 04-04-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
There were several women with scary eyes.

I only watched the chicks get out of the limos. I thought the best looking one was the very first one. For the most part, the women ranged from unattractive to ordinary.

Speaking of The Bachelor, I have a friend who is dating a girl (quite attractive) who was on the Charlie O'Connell edition. It sucks because I never watched that one, and she apparently made a spectacle of herself (if the recap write-ups I've read are accurate) in the first episode. Do any of the cable networks repeat the old seasons?
Old 04-04-07, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Speaking of The Bachelor, I have a friend who is dating a girl (quite attractive) who was on the Charlie O'Connell edition. It sucks because I never watched that one, and she apparently made a spectacle of herself (if the recap write-ups I've read are accurate) in the first episode. Do any of the cable networks repeat the old seasons?

Can you find her here?

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/...mary.php?i=628
Old 04-04-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by magiccmom

That's where I read the episode recap. It's Kristine.
Old 04-04-07, 03:13 PM

That's where I read the episode recap. It's Kristine.
Ha Ha! Don't remember that but I sure wish I did...!!
Old 04-04-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone watching this? Seriously, this guy is almost too good to be true and hard to live up too. But he said on "Dancing with the Stars" that it does end in a marriage proposal. Should be a fun season!
It doesn't always end in a marriage proposal?
Old 04-04-07, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
It doesn't always end in a marriage proposal?

Not always. They always show the guy buying a ring, but he hasn't always proposed to the woman he ultimately picks.
Old 04-04-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Patman
Alexis:

I think she was the first one out of the limos that I liked the most.
Old 04-05-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One of the girls was listed as being 23 years old but if she is 23 those were some hard years as she looks closer to 40. I do not remember her name.

One of the girls is a "sorority recruiter." If that was my job I think I would come up with a title that sounded like I had a real job, not one of those "I never have to grow up" jobs.

I laughed when the drunk fell down and she didn't spill a single drop of her booze. Lots of practice I think.

The refrigerator had a little bit of stuff in the door racks and the rest of the entire fridge was filled top-to-bottom with booze. It's going to be a fun season.

Last edited by cdollaz; 04-05-07 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not always. They always show the guy buying a ring, but he hasn't always proposed to the woman he ultimately picks.
Yeah, sometimes it's just a promise ring or a friendship ring if the guy just ain't sure about it at that time.
Old 05-21-07, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The final is on right now, the two finalists are Bevin and Tessa.

Bevin:

Tessa:

And the winner is... Tessa.

I'd like to see them actually get married and start a life, I'm tired of seeing the "winners" break up right after the last show.
Old 05-21-07, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't get it, I've always found Tessa a bit of a tease with moon-faced looks that do nothing for me. I think Andy was just scared that Bevin would turn out to be a psycho, or her earlier marriage might have left her damaged goods.
Old 05-21-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Tessa was the better choice, but then again this was the first episode I caught.

I can't wait to hear a "where are they now" update - true, I don't know who they are since this was the first episode I saw, but I'd still like to see the couple in a show like this actually stay together.
Old 05-21-07, 11:13 PM

I think the one whose mom got married when she met the guy on the Inca trail has a great chance. He sure mixed some substance with eye candy.
Ha! Called it! Whoa, Go me!! I'm happy he chose her, she was the most real and has the most chance of lasting. And I think they are still going strong. I heard that she watched the show with him, and he said she handled it all really well and that she is a really strong woman.

Cant help but think how cruel this show is though. Bevin was devastated, and for the first time I felt like it was really wrong watching it. I'm glued to this show, like a train wreck, but I know in my heart it is wrong to watch someone get crushed like that.

But I'll be watching again next season.
Old 05-22-07, 01:30 AM

Glad Tessa won, Bevin just had drama written all over her. This show is such a guilty pleasure; I just hate that I love it. But seriously, 1 guy, 25 girls that love you? I think I've been having that dream since I was 11!

Recap show is on tomorrow, it should be a nice, awkward moment when they have the 3 way sitdown with Bevin, smiley, and Tessa.
Old 05-22-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I imagine he will catch hell, and deservedly so, for telling both of them that he loved them right before the final pick. He kind of set Bevin up for a hard fall.

I think Andy's sister used to be a dude.
Old 05-22-07, 08:23 AM

Never got a good feeling of substance from Bevin. She giggled about everything but really said nothing of value to a conversation, unless it was about her feelings for him. She didnt do the small talk very well, and her giggling at the end was maniac. It irrated the crap out of me.
Old 05-22-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There was another show tonight where they all got together, it was nice to see Andy and Tessa together again. There was something there, maybe they'll last and actually get married.
Old 11-20-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't want to start a new thread for this god awful show... My wife made me watch it last night and let me tell you I don't know why people keep watching this FUCKING STUPID show... Based on last nights outcome I wouldn't want to watch another episode again... In case you missed it, he wound up picking no one. When will a couple from this show ever get married and live happily ever after.... Where do they find these fucking stupid people... It just goes to prove you can't find a mate with this type of show...

Maybe they need to find more downto earth bachelors to put on this show. I mean every one seems to have tons of money... These people lived on ocean front property...
Old 11-20-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Glad I quit watching about 6 weeks ago, I thought the guy was a total douche, and he kept on dropping some nice looking ladies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.