Incredible Hulk #105 -End of Planet Hulk-SPOILERS

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 11:35 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Incredible Hulk #105 -End of Planet Hulk-SPOILERS

MAJOR SPOILERS
Well it's over, #105 marks the end of the wonderful arc of Planet Hulk. A bomb on the ship that sent the Hulk away explodes destroying almost the entire planet. A few survivors escape on a ship and pick up the Hulk as he holds his dead wife Caiera in his arms. The bottom line is -- the Hulk is PISSED, and he is on his way back with some of his warbound fellows ready to lay the smack down on the Hulk's enemies. Great shot at the end of the comic with Hulk standing on top of the ship in space pointing a sword at Earth. Bring on WWH...I can't friggin wait!
Old 04-04-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
This really was an enjoyable arc. Too bad Hulk's pregnant wife got killed (although I'm sure that will add to his rage) because it woulda been fun to hear the pitter patter of little Hulk feet.

and the warp core explosion only made Hulk stronger. My my .....
Old 04-05-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I hope there's some major consequences when Reed and his friends find out that they're resposible for the destruction of an entire civilization.
Old 04-05-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
I hope there's some major consequences when Reed and his friends find out that they're resposible for the destruction of an entire civilization.
I'm thinkin' some heroes will support the decision while others condemn them. Why, it could be a CIVIL WAR!!
Old 04-05-07, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What exactly happened with the ship exploding? Was that planned to happen from the beginning by Reed and Co so that Bruce/Hulk would be stranded on the planet? If so, that is fucked up.
Old 04-05-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by boredsilly
What exactly happened with the ship exploding? Was that planned to happen from the beginning by Reed and Co so that Bruce/Hulk would be stranded on the planet? If so, that is fucked up.
Huh. When I first read it I got the impression that the warp core breach was a result of the kids messing around inside the ship. In glancing back over it, it does show Reed's message playing (although nothing said about blowing up the ship to strand Hulk), so I guess the interpretation could go either way, depending on how green and pissed you are.
Old 04-06-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Sadly Marvel would have to employ editors for something like that to happen... but awesome idea.
Old 04-06-07, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, it's ironic how in trying to stop Hulk from destroying things, they ended up inadvertently doing more damage and killing more people than Hulk ever did.
Old 04-29-07, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read the whole arc and it was excellent. I got out of comics a long time ago, but heard about this and decided to check it out. The WWH story will be their summer crossover, right? So sometime in 2008 it'll be wrapped up?
Old 04-29-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Too bad Marvel just announced WWH is part 2 of a 3 part story
Old 04-30-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
Too bad Marvel just announced WWH is part 2 of a 3 part story
I'm behind on my rumors and news - what announcement was this?? (or, are you being funny and I missed it?)
Old 04-30-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish i was kidding.....

http://www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFrida...Fridays45.html

NRAMA: Greg, given we know World War Hulk is in fact just the second act of a three act Hulk story, is that your role this week? To make sure that not only WWH but what comes after is understood by all as the bigger framework is built?

Pak: This summit gave us a great chance to delve into possible post-"World War Hulk" ramifications for the Marvel Universe, and I'm extremely excited by some of the ideas that came up -- particularly those regarding one of Hulk's primary WWH antagonists, whose alliterative name I dare not mention. Editor Mark Paniccia and I also hobnobbed quite a bit about our plans for our super-secret third part of our trilogy -- my personal coup for the day was securing a certain key character to play a big lead role in the book.
Old 05-01-07, 08:49 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wow i didn't see this coming.
Old 05-01-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Can't Marvel go 5 minutes without another epic this will change comics as we know it crossover? Burnout!
Old 05-01-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Welcome to the Epic Era of comics. Both DC & Marvel are telling long-term stories in the form of multi-mini-series. Civil War leads to World War Hulk which leads to (insert next epic here).

Speaking of which, 52 ends tomorrow (5/2) and Countdown starts next week.

Not even a chance to breath.
Old 05-03-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jesus, two issues of WWH, and all we get is set-up and back-stories.
What a gyp!

Can't say I'm surprised though...
Old 05-03-07, 11:22 AM

Hence the name, "World War Hulk: Prologue". It sucks that we have to wait until next month for more, though. I liked all the She-Hulk stuff, and I'm looking forward to seeing how her role plays out.
Old 05-15-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shit, is WWH already getting delays, or they just decide to run a different story? Maybe Marvel was screwed with DC snatching Gary Frank to an exclusive on Action Comics?

---------------

Marvel Comics on Tuesday announced that it will be using a different story for Incredible Hulk #108, pushing back the originally solicited story to #109.

Incredible Hulk #108, written by Greg Pak, with art by Leonard Kirk and a cover by Greg Land, will arrive in stores on July 25.

Here's how Marvel describes the issue:

"Hulk has returned to Earth for 'World War Hulk' and now he must deal with his best friend Rick Jones -- but where does Rick stand? Is he with the Hulk or has he joined with those who oppose the Green Goliath? These answers and more come in the all new Incredible Hulk #108.

Last edited by stingermck; 05-15-07 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-15-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Wha???

Could someone also tell me why Hulk's "wife" died? Admittedly, I stopped reading Hulk a while back, but it was mentioned that his wife could turn to stone, right? So why did she die?
Old 09-27-07, 07:00 PM

Hopeful ending for World War Hulk

I heard that The Illuminati possess the infinity gems but, have sworn never to use them. I think they owe the Hulk one and should use the gems to undo the damage done when the ship they used to exile the Hulk exploded. I think that would be the best move the Illuminati could make considering the fact that they have no chance against this ticked off version of the Hulk. Nuff' Said.
Old 09-27-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, they can bring all those mutants back, too!
Old 09-28-07, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Newbra
I heard that The Illuminati possess the infinity gems but, have sworn never to use them. I think they owe the Hulk one and should use the gems to undo the damage done when the ship they used to exile the Hulk exploded. I think that would be the best move the Illuminati could make considering the fact that they have no chance against this ticked off version of the Hulk. Nuff' Said.
[churchlady] HOW CONVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIENT [/churchlady]
Old 09-30-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WWH has been really big of a let down. A ton of set up and the pay off is just a terribly done. The off shoots were a big waste. Frontline even went far more out of its way to show that it's a pointless book from when it was covering civil war.

Gamma corps... don't get me started on that shit.