Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Major League: Wild Thing Edition - $6.98

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-07, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major League: Wild Thing Edition - $6.98

Just pre-ordered Major League: Wild Thing Edition from Deep Discount for $6.98. Lowest price I've seen so far.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ductId=8319675
Old 04-03-07, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been meaning to pick this up for a long time. Any info on this new edition?
Old 04-03-07, 06:55 AM

I clicked on that link, however it doesn't say that it's the Wild Thing Edition (even though it shows the 4/10 release date), it just says Major League. Also, if you click the Special Features tab, it doesn't list any of the extras that have been reported for the Wild Thing Edition.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you may have ordered the wrong version.

Buyer Beware.
Old 04-03-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy
I clicked on that link, however it doesn't say that it's the Wild Thing Edition (even though it shows the 4/10 release date), it just says Major League. Also, if you click the Special Features tab, it doesn't list any of the extras that have been reported for the Wild Thing Edition.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you may have ordered the wrong version.

Buyer Beware.
It doesn't rain in Southern California

ORDER DETAILS

Order Number: *******
Intended Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 PRD004116 DVD : PAYBACK (STRAIGHT UP DIRECT $ 13.67 Pre-order
1 PRD012075 DVD : MAJOR LEAGUE (WILD THING ED $ 6.98 Pre-order

Merchandise Total: $ 20.65
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 20.65
Old 04-03-07, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered one.

FYI - Here are the special features, according to Amazon -

Available Subtitles: English
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
Commentary by: Writer/Director David S. Ward and Producer Chris Chesser Dolby Digital 2.0
My Kinda Team: Includes interviews with Charlie Sheen, Corbin Bernsen, Tom Berenger, Dennis Haysbert, and Bob Uecker.
A Major League Look at Major League
Bob Ueker: Just A Bit Outside
Alternate Ending with filmaker intro
A Tour of Cerrano's Locker
Photo Gallery
Old 04-03-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks Nabalab.
Old 04-03-07, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd already preordered Payback & Major League from them March 3rd & I called just now to get the price adjusted down from $9.44 on Major League. They wouldn't do it because I'd ordered it more than 10 days ago. it is in the process of shipping so I couldn't cancel the order & reorder. What a crock o shit!
Old 04-03-07, 08:46 AM
Cool New Member

dvdempire has the same item code and UPC, so I would say it is a safe bet.

I'm in...
Old 04-03-07, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I'd already preordered Payback & Major League from them March 3rd & I called just now to get the price adjusted down from $9.44 on Major League. They wouldn't do it because I'd ordered it more than 10 days ago. it is in the process of shipping so I couldn't cancel the order & reorder. What a crock o shit!
Bastards.
Old 04-03-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If any of you want an even better deal on this one, buy it using the FamilyVideo deal (check the FV thread) for only $5.29/shipped. I don't know if it's like this for everyone else, but FV ships out orders of single items a lot quicker than DDD as well.

That thread needs more action anyway.

For what it's worth, there are other new titles at this same price range also, like Harry and the Hendersons, etc.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 04-03-07 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-03-07, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
If any of you want an even better deal on this one, buy it using the FamilyVideo deal (check the FV thread) for only $5.29/shipped. I don't know if it's like this for everyone else, but FV ships out orders of single items a lot quicker than DDD as well.

For what it's worth, there are other new titles at this same price range also, like Harry and the Hendersons, etc.
I'm amazed at how little interest the FV thread is getting.

$5 off, no minimum, $1 shipping. Seems like a no brainer to me. I'd be over it even more if they had a better search engine or in dvdpricesearch covered them.
Old 04-04-07, 06:46 AM

Hmm ... my Wild Thing DDD order shows as shipped, a week before the street date.

Let's see how this plays out.
Old 04-04-07, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received shipping confirmation for both Wild Thing and Payback (Director's Cut), both with 4/10 street dates. I've never known DDD to ship pre-orders this soon?
Old 04-04-07, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Low RG
It doesn't rain in Southern California

ORDER DETAILS

Order Number: *******
Intended Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY

Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 PRD004116 DVD : PAYBACK (STRAIGHT UP DIRECT $ 13.67 Pre-order
1 PRD012075 DVD : MAJOR LEAGUE (WILD THING ED $ 6.98 Pre-order

Merchandise Total: $ 20.65
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 20.65
That's for the update. I may have to jump on this as well now that we have proof it's the correct version.
Old 04-04-07, 08:22 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Low RG
I've never known DDD to ship pre-orders this soon?
They've been shipping pre-orders really early lately. I had Miami Vice seasons 3 and 4 in my hands a full week before street date. And that was after being with the USPS for 5 days.
Old 04-04-07, 09:19 AM

Anyone see the new HD commercial on tv? You know how they take a film clip and then the real actor of the clip talks about HD in character. They had Chris Lloyd do a Back To The Future. Now they have Sheen doing Vaughn pitching. I don't really like these commercials.
Old 04-04-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ShaunoftheDead
Anyone see the new HD commercial on tv? You know how they take a film clip and then the real actor of the clip talks about HD in character. They had Chris Lloyd do a Back To The Future. Now they have Sheen doing Vaughn pitching. I don't really like these commercials.
Really? We think they're hysterical and can't wait to see what they're going to come up with next. (BTW, I think it's actually DirecTV promoting their upcoming HDTV lineup). Sorry, OP, I know it's .
Old 04-04-07, 03:47 PM
Cool New Member

Now they have Sheen doing Vaughn pitching. I don't really like these commercials.
I haven't seen that one yet but I would love to. Does he have the haircut and glasses? WILD THING!
Old 04-04-07, 05:52 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
just refuse shipment, it will go back to them and you will get the credit back to your card. order it again, now and you got the deal.
Old 04-04-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally Posted by Karman
I haven't seen that one yet but I would love to. Does he have the haircut and glasses? WILD THING!
You can't see the hair because he's facing straight to the camera. Ya know, I can't remember if he had the glasses on, though. I thought it was an amusing ad.
Old 04-04-07, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
You can't see the hair because he's facing straight to the camera. Ya know, I can't remember if he had the glasses on, though. I thought it was an amusing ad.
I'm fairly certain he has the glasses, but I don't remember about the hair ("VegHead"!)

(And a shout-out to a San Diegan from a former San Diegan! )
Old 04-04-07, 06:33 PM

Thank you, OP! I've always loved this movie, and for this price, buying it is a no-brainer! A few clicks and I got it on the way!

What I'll really like - seeing this movie UNEDITED! I've seen it too many times "edited for content."
Old 04-05-07, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When I used the link I didn't see anything about the "Wild Thing Edition". The only thing that could possibly make me think this is the upcoming edition is the 4/10 release date, but DDD has given existing releases new release dates when the price has dropped. It's probably the right edition, but it could be a coincidence. The bottomline is if DDD shipped me the old edition (which I already own) I'd have no proof from my order information that I ordered the new version, and I'd have to return it. As a general rule, I don't order DVDs that companies can't bother to put up a cover image. So, I'll pass on this for now.
Old 04-05-07, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
When I used the link I didn't see anything about the "Wild Thing Edition". The only thing that could possibly make me think this is the upcoming edition is the 4/10 release date, but DDD has given existing releases new release dates when the price has dropped. It's probably the right edition, but it could be a coincidence. The bottomline is if DDD shipped me the old edition (which I already own) I'd have no proof from my order information that I ordered the new version, and I'd have to return it. As a general rule, I don't order DVDs that companies can't bother to put up a cover image. So, I'll pass on this for now.
Check out post #4 in this thread.
Old 04-05-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin

Thanks for the heads up on this, just picked it up for $5.29 shipped.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.