Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

David Attenboroughs Life Trilogy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-07, 02:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David Attenboroughs Life Trilogy?

I am talking about the following: Life on Earth(1979), The Living Planet(1984) and The Trials of Life(1990). Of these, only The Living Planet is available for purchase in region 1. Is their any chance or has anyone heard of any news of bringing the other 2 out to Region 1? I would love to see a "Life Trilogy" released in a huge boxset. I want these on DVD. I wish companies would stop re-releasing crap, and release something that actually has merit like these fine films that are seriously life changing.
Old 04-02-07, 02:57 PM

I couldn't agree more. I wish they would just release The Life Collection over here.

Life Collection - Amazon UK

Almost makes me want to get a region free player....
Old 04-02-07, 04:51 PM
Banned

Yes!!!! That is the exact set I am talking about. Would love to see this released on Blu Ray.

Next year(2008) Attenborough's new film "Life in Cold Blood" will come out(supposedly the last in the "Life" series) and deal with Amphibians and Reptiles.

I cannot tell you what it would be like to have a giant boxset released at that time, including all the above mentioned films, and the new film next year. If they did this, it would be a 28 Disc Set!!!!! Framkly I don't care about the price....its the quality I care about. With Attenborough quality is never an issue.

Attenborough is simply the man!!!!

Last edited by DeVante; 04-02-07 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-02-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is indeed annoying that several of Attenborough's series have not had a region 1 DVD release. I am a big fan of his and buy all of his DVDs whether I have seen the series before or not. I am never disappointed in the quality of these productions.

In addition to the series that haven't seen release here yet, The Living Planet needs a complete re-do. The transfer on the existing region 1 set is awful, plus they cut out the little "bumpers" that Attenborough used at the end of the show to introduce the next week's episode (because, for some inexplicable reason, the episodes do not appear on these discs in the order in which they were originally aired).

Has anyone seen the region 2 and know if it looks any better? I hope the BBC has not let the source materials rot in their vaults or something. These series are masterpieces of documentary filmmaking and deserve proper treatment.
Old 04-03-07, 01:09 AM
Banned

LIke I said....remaster everything once "Life in Cold Blood" comes out in 2008...and release a GIGANTIC "The Life of David Attenborough Box Set" on DVD HD-DVD and Blu Ray.The set probably would be around $300 but getting a 28 Disc BoxSet from Attenborough would be ideal. I would gladly pay the money if some smart studio actually released this.