Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Brady Bunch movie on Bravo channel extended?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this movie and had it playing in the background earlier as it was being shown on the Bravo channel. I noticed some scenes I had never seen before in the theatrical cut and was wondering if I was just imagining them. I know extended versions are sometimes shown in syndication and was wondering if anyone else noticed this.
Old 04-01-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112572/alternateversions

U.S. television prints of this film feature several scenes that were not released theatrically or on video, all of which revolve around the Brady neighbors, the Dittmeyers. These scenes include a garage band scene, a scene with termites in the bathroom, and another scene with Mrs. Dittmeyer trying to seduce Peter.
I've never seen it on TV. It's too bad the extra scenes aren't on the DVD.

Rob
Old 04-02-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
When I was flipping the channels yesterday, I actually landed on The Brady Bunch Movie right before the garage band, and I commented to my wife "I don't think I've ever seen this scene".

And I saw the termite scene a few weeks ago as well. So no, you aren't imagining it
Old 04-02-07, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, cool. I wonder why they wouldn't add these onto the DVD if they exist. Even if they don't actually add them back into the movie itself. Oh, well.
Old 04-02-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brady Bunch movies on Bravo....I thought for sure this was an April Fools thread. Of course, I thought that before about some threads that announced some poor choices of programming for both the Sci Fi network and the Cartoon Network.

Bravo used to be such a good network. And I also miss the days A&E actually aired programming that lived up to it's name.
Old 04-03-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tikigod
Ah, cool. I wonder why they wouldn't add these onto the DVD if they exist. Even if they don't actually add them back into the movie itself.
I'll give you ONE word - Paramount. Hardly reknowned for their bevy of extras on DVDs released when this title came out. Sigh.