Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Marshall Rogers: RIP

Old 03-30-07, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Marshall Rogers: RIP

Obit for Marshall Rogers

Wow, I can't believe he's passed away. He was one of my top 3 Batman artists of all time. I loved his Detective Comics run with Steve Englehart in the late 1970's.

RIP, Mr. Rogers.

Last edited by Patman; 03-30-07 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-30-07, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I heard about this several days ago and it is a real shame to lose such a talent at only 57. I was lucky enough to have met Marshall at a convention where he was nice enough to talk to me about his career and sign several comics for me.
Old 03-30-07, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was introduced to Rogers' artwork in a collected volume of Batman stories and was blown away by his work. Over the years I have collected odd issues of several titles just for his artwork. I had no idea he was only 57. He was a relatively younger guy when he began his run on Detective.
Old 03-30-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This stinks. I enjoyed his Batman too. I can't remember what it was, but did a book that I recently bought. I remember saying to myself "Hey, it's good to see Rogers doing work again". For the life of me, I wish I could remember what book it was...

Damn.

Old 03-31-07, 08:25 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
I can't remember what it was, but did a book that I recently bought. I remember saying to myself "Hey, it's good to see Rogers doing work again". For the life of me, I wish I could remember what book it was...
Was it the re-teaming with Englehart, Batman: Dark Detective, that came in in 2005-2006?