Reload this Page >

bourne supremacy extended cut?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 03-28-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as the bourne ultimatum will reach cinemas this august, does anyone think there will be an extended cut for supremacy in order to promote the release if the third film in the bourne series?
as supremacy is one of my favorite spy movies i would be happy to see a two disc set with a nice sweet slipcover packaging!
if anyone from universal in reading in in this thread; i have a birthday coming up soon
Old 03-28-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I won't be surprised if Uni does something like this.
Old 04-01-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am expecting more along the lines of the Fast and the Furious 3-disc set that came out prior to Tokyo Drift with the two movies (newer SE of the first one) and a 30m bonus disc. I'm hoping mainly because after I saw they did that with FF I sold my Supremacy disc expecting this to come out and the FF set also had a free ticket -- always a bonus.
Old 04-01-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure Universal will release something to tie-in. I'm still glad I have the original Bourne Identity release, with DTS audio and the commentary by Doug Liman. That is one edition that didn't stay in print too long. I believe it went OOP around a year after release and was replaced by the "explosive" version, which dropped both of those items.
Old 04-01-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Or, maybe the director is happy with the cut as is and it doesn't need to be extended.
Old 04-01-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Drexl
Or, maybe the director is happy with the cut as is and it doesn't need to be extended.
That won't stop Universal. I am pretty sure on the R1 "Explosive Extended Cut" of Bourne it says in very tiny print somewhere on the back cover something like "The following film has been modified from its original version. It has had footage added not present in the original version without the consent or participation of the director."
Old 04-01-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Was the "Explosive Edition" actually an extended cut of The Bourne Identity? I thought it only included an alternate ending that played separately...

Anyway, I would love an extended cut of Supremacy but I think they'll put a box set with the first two and a bonus disc (which I won't buy, even with a free ticket).
Old 04-01-07, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Was the "Explosive Edition" actually an extended cut of The Bourne Identity? I thought it only included an alternate ending that played separately...

Anyway, I would love an extended cut of Supremacy but I think they'll put a box set with the first two and a bonus disc (which I won't buy, even with a free ticket).
Yeah, it was another cut.